Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Beat the Dragon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Beat the Dragon

The only thing that I can say is that we agree to disagree on this subject and lets put it to rest!

Cheers,
    james

Just when you think you've acomplished something!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah yes, Cheers, James reads much better than No Offense, James
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well James, I must say the Harley Davidson machine is the best in my collection. I loved the Spin Luck when I had it but mine died and I never did replace it (yet).
    As for cost I paid $1,295 for my H/D and never secound guess myself about spending the money. The thing with this machine is low,low,low, production numbers, and how much fun it is to play along with the repertation it has within the Pachi world. You will always have a market to sell it in, they are many Herley Davidson cycle owners that buy anything that says H/D and believe me the jokes are great but it truly does not repersent the money power within the H/D cycle world, if one owns a couple H/D bikes a $1,200 Pachislo machine is just play money.

Its the other markets that keep some machines selling high, look at the Hot Rod Queen not the best machine but always can be sold at a good price.

George
    Harley Davidson ** King Camel ** Las Vagas ** Adams Family ** Dragon Dice ** Super Black Jack ** Sinbad Adventure ** Big Bomber ** Austin Powers ** Babel ** Hot Rod Queen ** Las Vegas**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I can just add my own thoughts on the subject, if you are happy to pay x amount of dollar for something, then you do. If you are not happy to pay it, then you don't. Simple really. Hence plenty of members having a Spin Luck or Harley and Vespacar not. Fair enough. I don't feel inclined to justify what I've spent on anything, if I can justify the cost to myself, then that's enough for me. Plenty of my mates spend fortunes on things they enjoy, which I just can't relate to and I'm sure they think me strange for spending so much on a games room, but that's what I enjoy. You can't put a price on enjoyment!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You can't put a price on enjoyment!
    Actually, in certain areas of most towns, I believe you can.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now are we talking enjoyment or pleasure?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Now are we talking enjoyment or pleasure?
    And the difference there would be:questionm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In your certain areas of town reference, one tends to think of the pleasures to be had and not the enjoyment. Although in essence they have relatively the same defination. So I suppose, in street terms...
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pfurman, one thing I might mention about the Las Vegas is the top portion, like I'm Angel, is not lit. There is great art work there that really would look better in a darkened room, but does not detract from the play. The roulette wheel is well lit but light does not spill over onto the art work.

A pity that stewjr62 didn't play it more on his last visit. I just put in about 75 tokens total and got all kinds of action and a BB.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Junior
    A pity that stewjr62 didn't play it more on his last visit. I just put in about 75 tokens total and got all kinds of action and a BB.
    I was too hooked on SL to mess with anything else too much.
    Proud owner of a TOMCAT AND a SPIN LUCK!!!!!.....And now, a Thunderbirds Pachinko!!! THANK YOU Pachitalk family!!!! I have been drawn over to the DARK SIDE!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pfurman, one thing I might mention about the Las Vegas is the top portion, like I'm Angel, is not lit. There is great art work there that really would look better in a darkened room, but does not detract from the play. The roulette wheel is well lit but light does not spill over onto the art work.

I get the sense that that's the way it is for all the round top Olympia machines. (At least Beat The Dragon has two regular lights in the top section above, and to the right and left of the rectangular LED display, which light up two small torches.) I'm not that handy, but I'd sure be interested if anyone ever came up with a mod to install some nice lighting option(s) that would more properly/fully illuminate those sections of the machine, especially on Tomcat. (I also wish that the red light in Twist would stay lit throughout the bonus rounds, not just appear as a winning sign to signal an upcoming bonus round. (But, unfortunately, I wasn't on that Olympia design committee .)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I couldn't agree more, pfur. I think I only have two Olympia machines and top lights would look nice. If you ever figure out how to add them, get pictures and a step-by-step how-to for us all.

stewjr62, it's my fault you love the Spin Luck so much. I shouldn't have put it next to your bed.

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I couldn't agree more, pfur. I think I only have two Olympia machines and top lights would look nice. If you ever figure out how to add them, get pictures and a step-by-step how-to for us all.
    It would be my pleasure, Tony Jr.

Also, I don't know if this fits into the discussion above regarding the relative cost of a HD pachislot machine, but when Gaku gets in more Spin Luck machines, you could get a Spin Luck, Metal Slug, & Speed Racer for $699 including shipping. You could also substitute a King Camel for either the Metal Slug or Speed Racer, or a variety of other combinations. If you wanted to break it down, it could be: Spin Luck $300 + Metal Slug $200 + King Camel $200, shipping included. That's an awful lot of bang for the buck. And even though it's like mixing apples and oranges to compare, let's say, 3 of those packages from Gaku ($2,100.00, including S&H) to one HD machine from Milt ($1,969.00, including S&H), it's just interesting to me to look at it from a different point of view. Each person has to decide for her/himself if it's worth it. (How about 3 Spin Lucks, 1 Metal Slug, 1 King Camel, 1 Speed Racer, 1 Beast Sapp, & 1 Thunderbirds.) And the bottom line is, if it's worth it to someone, then there's no real argument, since whoever feels it's worth it will pay that amount, and whoever doesn't feel it's worth it won't.
    Last edited by pfurman; 01-17-2006 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quite right, pfur. I have "overpaid" for some machines others wouldn't give $25 for. By the same token, I've gotten some for a lot less that others would pay hundreds for. But I don't begrudge what I paid for any machine. I wanted it, I got it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quite right, pfur. I have "overpaid" for some machines others wouldn't give $25 for. By the same token, I've gotten some for a lot less that others would pay hundreds for. But I don't begrudge what I paid for any machine. I wanted it, I got it.
    It's just amazing to me when I look at some of Gaku's package deals; he totally rocks!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4