Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Beat the Dragon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Beat the Dragon

Wonder if we could get a listing of virtual machines to try out with names of each?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    Wonder if we could get a listing of virtual machines to try out with names of each?
    Do you mean from the Olympia site or from all over?
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

You do know that the virtual Las Vegas has been in the 'Pachislo Online Games' section of this site since 2004, don't you?

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2540

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I still think the Las Vegas is an underrated machine.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Junior
    I still think the Las Vegas is an underrated machine.
    How has it stood the test of time, Tony Jr? How would you compare your enjoyment of it compared to I'm Angel, for example? (I know they are completely different, like apples and oranges, but I was just curious.)

And also, is the reel noise on Las Vegas similar to I'm Angel? So far, all 4 Olympia machines we have, (Twist, Tomcat, Beat The Dragon, & I'm Angel) suffer from the same grinding/droning sound/vibration noise generated by the reels. B/F has managed to reduce some of the noise by placing stiff pieces of foam against the reel assemblies on some of them, and that helps. But it's still a presence. The machine it seems to impact the least is Tomcat; the machine it seems to impact the most is Twist. We're hoping Las Vegas will be more on the Tomcat side of the scale.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pfurman
    How has it stood the test of time, Tony Jr? How would you compare your enjoyment of it compared to I'm Angel, for example? (I know they are completely different, like apples and oranges, but I was just curious.)

And also, is the reel noise on Las Vegas similar to I'm Angel? So far, all 4 Olympia machines we have, (Twist, Tomcat, Beat The Dragon, & I'm Angel) suffer from the same grinding/droning sound/vibration noise generated by the reels. B/F has managed to reduce some of the noise by placing stiff pieces of foam against the reel assemblies on some of them, and that helps. But it's still a presence. The machine it seems to impact the least is Tomcat; the machine it seems to impact the most is Twist. We're hoping Las Vegas will be more on the Tomcat side of the scale.
    It's standing the test of time very well, pfur! It's right up there with I'm Angel and a bunch of others. But I enjoy all of my machines. Sure, I have favorites, like the King Camel and Spin Luck, and I have a couple that, while still fun to play are less than favorites. Mephisto, Wai Wai Pulsar and maybe a couple of others. But even with these not being 'favorites,' I wouldn't dream of getting rid of them.

Yes, the Las Vegas has quite a bit of reel whine. It may bother you and I suggest b/f do the rubber isolation bit on it also. I just may try that when/if the noise ever bothers me too much. As it is now, I'm leaving them all alone. Maybe someday I'll try to get one of my nephews to do that to them. Who knows, I may play them even more then.

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, Tony Jr. And since you have both Las Vegas and Spin Luck, would you say that Spin Luck takes what Las Vegas starts to do and moves it to a higher level? The best way of explaining what I'm saying is that I'm Angel takes what Beat The Dragon brings to the table, and takes it to a higher level. I get the feeling that maybe that's similar to Spin Luck & Las Vegas, although it's hard for me to say, since I haven't played either one directly yet. That's where you come in.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, Tony Jr. And since you have both Las Vegas and Spin Luck, would you say that Spin Luck takes what Las Vegas starts to do and moves it to a higher level? The best way of explaining what I'm saying is that I'm Angel takes what Beat The Dragon brings to the table, and takes it to a higher level. I get the feeling that maybe that's similar to Spin Luck & Las Vegas, although it's hard for me to say, since I haven't played either one directly yet. That's where you come in.
    Well yes and no. The two are totally different play-wise. The Spin Luck allows banking of what I would call "side games," as opposed to a Big or Regular Bonus, which it also has. There is nothing like that on Las Vegas, but the roulette wheel does spin and you may win several different chances at bonus rounds that vary in payoffs.

Both speak in English, which is nice.

As far as taking Spin Luck to a higher level over Las Vegas, uh, er, ummm, I can't really say because they are so different.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Junior
    Well yes and no. The two are totally different play-wise. The Spin Luck allows banking of what I would call "side games," as opposed to a Big or Regular Bonus, which it also has. There is nothing like that on Las Vegas, but the roulette wheel does spin and you may win several different chances at bonus rounds that vary in payoffs.

Both speak in English, which is nice.

As far as taking Spin Luck to a higher level over Las Vegas, uh, er, ummm, I can't really say because they are so different.
    Thanks. How is the music on Spin Luck? I think the music on Las Vegas is very cool.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The music on the spin luck is incredible. You will want to dance to it.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    The music on the spin luck is incredible. You will want to dance to it.
    I still got some moves.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you'll find that the Spin Luck and Harley are way ahead of any of the other macines, Pfur. They feel like a different type of machine altogether. You need to get one -- I'd be interested in your impressions.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pfur, how come you and B/F aren't in the pic thread so we know what y'all look like? (C'mon in... the water's fine!)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you'll find that the Spin Luck and Harley are way ahead of any of the other macines, Pfur. They feel like a different type of machine altogether. You need to get one -- I'd be interested in your impressions.
    Well, that's a bit of a sore subject. One night on ebay b/f announced that he had placed a bid on a Harley machine where the price had been stuck at around $600 for days. I asked him if he'd lost his mind. He said: "It's an $1,800 machine that's going for under $700." I repeated: "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?" He said: "So, you don't want me to really make a play for it?" I said: "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? NO, I DON'T WANT YOU TO MAKE A PLAY FOR THAT MACHINE". Well...we all know how that story ended; that was the machine that Tulsa ended up sniping. I was sort of in the dog house after that one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tulsa is Happy that your b/f stopped bidding
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pfur, how come you and B/F aren't in the pic thread so we know what y'all look like? (C'mon in... the water's fine!)
    Patience, patience...we're workin on it. I had to get my hair cut first, which I did yesterday. But then it took so long to post the machine photos, we didn't have time to get any shots of ourselves.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Thank you.
    Yeah. Y/W. (Anybody got a little mini pachislot machine to sell that'll fit into a one dog doghouse?)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Beat the Dragon

Yeah. Y/W. (Anybody got a little mini pachislot machine to sell that'll fit into a one dog doghouse?)

Just make the dog house bigger!!

Cheers,
    James

Just when you think you've acomplished something!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, that's a bit of a sore subject. One night on ebay b/f announced that he had placed a bid on a Harley machine where the price had been stuck at around $600 for days. I asked him if he'd lost his mind. He said: "It's an $1,800 machine that's going for under $700." I repeated: "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?" He said: "So, you don't want me to really make a play for it?" I said: "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? NO, I DON'T WANT YOU TO MAKE A PLAY FOR THAT MACHINE". Well...we all know how that story ended; that was the machine that Tulsa ended up sniping. I was sort of in the dog house after that one.
    Yep, you should be in the doghouse, but then again, Tulsa owes you BIG TIME, so you might be OK?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast