Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daiichi missing parts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Daiichi missing parts

Hello Everyone,

I just got started with Pachinko machines, working on restoring a Nishijin model for my wife. At the same time, I also acquired a Daiichi machine, that was supposed to be 'for parts'. I can see why, it is definitely missing several different functional pieces. Generally, I understand how the machine is supposed to work, and I recognize the areas where parts are missing. Magic Dan has been really helpful to get some of this info (thanks Dan!!) and I can also use my Nishijin as an approximate model, but the actual parts are different, of course. This is where I need help. I have been able to scrape some Daiichi photos off this Forum here and there, but most pictures have the covers on. I am looking for some photos of the back of a similar Daiichi machine, with as many of the plastic covers off as possible so that I can see what the missing parts look like. My hope is that I can make those in some way, unless I can find them somewhere.

Attached are photos of my machine in question, both front and back so that you can see what model I have. I do have the plastic covers that are not on the photo, and can handle the wiring. I'm looking to identify the functional parts/linkages, primarily.

Thanks for any help, this Forum has been a great source to get started with this hobby, I can see already it's going to be addictive...

daiichi front.jpgdaiichi back.jpg

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to vikzoli

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Daiichi missing parts

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

4. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful or not, but here's the back of mine. As you can see, I'm missing a couple of clear plastic covers, but they don't affect the play at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to sparky kilowatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, any pictures help, I need to piece things together. The back of your machine is so very clean....

8. The following user says "Thanks" to vikzoli

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I have 2 Daiichi's built in the same time frame as your machine. I've been using one of them to create some of the missing parts you are going to need, and during the process I have been cleaning it up and taking pictures.
    So I am ready to help you out with this "parts" machine.

I've identified 4 main issues that involve functionality which are needed just to make it work. There are a couple other issuers that are not quite as important and you could live without.

daiichi back notated.jpg The U turn assembly in the upper right daiichi uturnclose.jpg The open holes are for rivets, that hold the side panel for this feed track on. It should look like this daiichi uturnclosegood.jpg

The payout dispenser in the middle is missing a actuator piece that mounts on the dispenser itself. daiichipayoutdispenserclose.jpg This is essentially a couple pieces of brass flat stock with a pivot hole in the middle and a slot on one end. daiichipayoutdispensercloseandclean.jpg

Here it is installed daiichipayoutdispensercleanandinstalled.jpg
    Towards the bottom on the left you are missing the seesaw assembly including the metal retainer daiichimissingseesawclose.jpg Here is a closeup of the area Daiichiseesawclose.jpg

And here is the 3D printed version that I made for you that I am currently testing in my machine.
    Daiichi3Dseesawclose.jpg

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You made it for me??? That is super kind of you, thank you so much!

The info and the pictures you sent are absolutely what I needed, thank you again! I am currently traveling for work and won't be back home for a couple of weeks, but let me know how I can compensate you for the part you made. I'm also very excited, because my new 3D printer is sitting in a box at my house (sadly, it arrived after I left for this trip) and I hope to be able to create some of the missing parts for this and my other machine.

Thank you again so much, I can't wait to get back and work on this machine!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: Daiichi missing parts

I've also been working on a replacement for the missing side panel and have a good part ready for action.

Daiichitracksidecoverinplace.jpg

The fourth issue is important but perhaps not as critical as the first three.

When the winner ball does it's work to trigger a payout, it waits at a gate until the dump arm operates and pushes down on a rod to open the gate, and let the winner ball be dumped into the catch bin.

daiichimissingrodforwinnerball.jpg Here is what mine looks like Daiichiwinnerballgateandrod.jpg Daiichiwinnerballgateclose.jpg

You can run the machine without this action working as intended if you bind the gate in the open position, but the "no wait at the gate" can also throw the timing of the payout dispensing process off a bit sometimes.
    The rod you are missing is basically like a lightweight coat hanger wire, some rigidity but also bendable. I can give you the measurements for the rod, and the brass flat stock for the payout dispenser if you are a maker type, or I can make them for you and mail them with the 3D parts if your interested.
    Other issues that you don't have to fix, but might want to is...
    this part is supposed to be weighted with 3 pachinko balls to smooth down the balls before entering the U turn. daiichimissingweightballs.jpg

The low ball system looks to be disconnected...not an uncommon occurrence. daiichilowballsystemconnection.jpgI usually fix mine, but I can't tell from the picture if the rod that is supposed to go into the empty hole is there. daiichilowballsystemconnectionmine.jpg
    It connects to a delicate piece of plastic on the inside of the front panel that is easy to break

Here are a couple other pics of the replacement seesaw

Daiichi3Dseesaw.jpg Daiichi3Dseesawcompare.jpg
    Last edited by SibSr; 03-15-2024 at 11:40 AM.

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, I made you a seesaw retainer also, just not from metal. I'll be printing yours from silver filament to look more like metal though
    Daiichi3Dseesawretainer.jpg

Since your travelling, and I'm retired, I think I'll work on the brass Payout dispenser linkage so you'll be all set on the 3 major issues when you get back
    Last edited by SibSr; 03-15-2024 at 11:44 AM.

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi again,

This is excellent info, especially with the pictures. I wish I were home so I could actually look at the machine and see how it all fits in. I am a capable maker/engineer (especially with the new 3D printer), so I'm actually looking forward to making some of the parts. I do appreciate the ones you made for me, and happy about those, but I definitely would like to compensate you for it and the eventual shipment, of course. For the rest, the photos, measurements and explanation are perfect, and is making it much easier to make the right parts without too much trial and error!

Greetings from Germany in the meantime!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK. I'll just provide measurements for the hard parts and you can fabricate
    If you PM me your address I'll mail the 3D parts to you next week.

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

SibSr has been very generous to myself and others here with his 3D printing and parts repairs, can't say thanks often enough.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to sparky kilowatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I see that now, it's awesome to have such kind and helpful people on this forum! I hope I can pay it back or forward somehow eventually!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great, will do and thank you very much again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your care package of parts went to the post office on Friday.

Your getting
    - Seesaw
    - Retainer for seesaw
    - Side panel for ball feed track
    - Brass rod for operating the winner ball gate
    - Brass payoff dispenser linkage

That should get you operational.

I threw in a couple of bonus parts that if you don't need them now, you may in the future.
    - Shooter spring adjuster
    - Playfield rebound bumper

Here is my source machine...the front is a little different, but the back is the same as yours

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

24. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is amazing, thank so so much!! The pictures are also all very helpful. I will let you know how these all work out once I get the parts. I have my new 3d printer set up as well, so excited to get that going too.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

By the way here is the next thing you need. An upper tray.

Got a drawing, getting ready to print a version 1 and see what changes need to be made. I should have a "production" version in a couple days

DaiichiUppertray.jpg

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi again,

Yes I do have *most* of the original upper tray, although broken with some of the pieces missing. I was going to recreate that from the remaining parts (fortunately, I have enough to know what it looked like), but if you send me the design files, I could also print it myself so you don't have to. I do have a bunch of the plastic cover-type parts that are not in my original picture, I removed them so the functional parts could be visible.

Also, as you know I received the other parts you fabricated. I haven't had much time to work on the machine, but I did try some of the pieces (and installed the side panel for the feed track). It looks like everything is going to fit perfectly, so thanks very much again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Version 1 got ruined by a power outage 12 hours in, but enough had printed that I could confirm the mounting holes were positioned correctly and the alignment between tray and ball track was good.

DaiichiUpperhalftray.jpg

So the second attempt went for 27 hours and finished successfully... using an elaborate support structure

Daiichitrayalmostdone.jpg

This new filament is very close to the same color as the rest of the parts

DaiichiUppertrayversion2.jpg

Here is the file if you have a printer it will fit on. If not I'll print one at a higher quality setting and send it to you
    Attached Files Attached Files

30. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the file! I'm going to have to split it up because my printer area is not large enough, but that's part of the fun challenge... I'll let you know if I get frustrated and give up

Later this week or weekend I hope to be able to put in the parts you sent earlier and test them. I am pretty sure I'm missing one other part that is behind the door and has to do with the ball return to the tray, but I will have to investigate that. I may need some photos of that area, I'll let you know what I find. Thank you again for all the help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did my parts fit OK on your machine?

33. The following user says "Thanks" to SibSr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast