Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Daiichi missing parts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Daiichi missing parts

Quote Originally Posted by SibSr View Post
    Did my parts fit OK on your machine?
    Hi, I'm sorry for the long period of silence, I have been distracted by other things and mostly with work. I tried most of your parts except for the linkage wire, for which I have to take a bit more of the machine apart yet. I am hoping I can dedicate more time to this soon. The parts I did try did fit perfectly, and appear to function, and it looks like the linkage will too. I also printed the feeder tray mostly successfully. I had to print in two parts because my printer is not big enough, but it worked out and is functional.

Next step will be to install the tray and all of your parts and see if I'm missing anything else. The guy I bought this from told me that some part is also missing or broken from the ball return mechanism that is part of the front/door. I'll have to check into that and probably post some photos to help identify anything that may be needed there.

Thanks again for all your help with this, I will keep you updated on any progress. I am making a kitchen table and chairs for my sister's birthday, so that's taking up a bit of my time. No I'm not 3d printing that :-)

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to vikzoli

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Daiichi missing parts

Ok, finally back in town and have a little more time to work on the Daiichi, and I'm ready for more...

First, the rod you sent me SibRs fits perfectly. Thank you again! However, with the covers on, I can't tell where the top part of the rod is supposed to go, is it supposed to hook onto something? I can put it through the hole of the cover, but I don't know if it's supposed to engage something inside. My cover is a little bit translucent, but not quite as much as yours. I was hoping to try to figure it out without taking all the plastic stuff off until I can make everything functional first. (I have a good reason for that) Here's a version of the picture you sent previously from your machine to clarify what I'm looking for:

Daiichiwinnerballgateandrod.jpeg

Next, the guy I got this machine from told me that behind the front panel something is broken. Maybe he meant something else, because when I take the front lower panel off, I don't see anything obviously wrong. Here is what mine looks like, is there anything I'm not seeing?

Daiichi front ball return.jpgDaiichi front ball return close.jpg

One thing a little odd is that the rod on the bottom that sticks out and is supposed to engage the hinged metal bit of the low ball system seems too short. That's not really possible of course, because the rod is not broken. This is what I mean (the picture is of your machine). The circle indicates where mine doesn't reach to connect:

daiichilowballsystemconnectionmine.jpeg

Anyway, I first want to verify that the front panel parts look reasonable, maybe the issue is there. If not, then I can try to figure out why I can't connect those bits later.

Finally, here's the picture of the feeder tray I printed in two halves, glued together, primed and painted. The front surface is a little rough, but it's functional. If I get everything else working and put back together I'll print a nicer version then. Now that I am starting to figure out how my new 3d printer works...

Daiichi feeder tray.jpg

As always, thanks for any guidance! Fun project so far.

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to vikzoli

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Regarding the rod in your first picture above. I had the same question when I cleaned up my Daiichi recently, so I took a couple of close up pics before cleaning. It appears the rod doesn't attach to anything on the top end and I can confirm once put back together, everything works just like it's supposed to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The following user says "Thanks" to sparky kilowatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for that confirmation. I was hoping that would be the case, so I'm getting closer to a (theoretically) functioning machine.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to vikzoli

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Couple more pics that might help you. First two are the back of the ball feed to shooter assembly, to my eyes, yours appears just like mine, I don't see a broken or missing pieces.

Next picture is the "ball out" lower bracket, mine doesn't attach to anything, might be missing something, but doesn't seem to have any effect of game play.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sparky kilowatt; 05-09-2024 at 01:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2