Thread: Many problems with my Las Vegas by Olympia, help please

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Many problems with my Las Vegas by Olympia, help please

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read my thread and hopefully help me out! I just recently got into Pachislo machines in a big way, my favorite of the five I have so far has to by my Las Vegas machine, I just love the way it looks! Problem is there are many issues. The first is I don't know how to "cash out" or make it dispense coins... there is no dedicated button like there is on my other machines, so I figured maybe holding the "cancel" button would do it, well after a few seconds I hear what I believe is the insert coin solenoid hit and then I get hit with a "CE", "CR", or "E2" error, I cannot recall right now but it's my understanding they all point to the changer being faulty. I took the changer apart, everything looks ok, no broken wires and it spins by hand pretty freely, so no idea there. The second item, in order of importance, is that there is no sound. I've tried the little dip switches every way possible, I found a wire off of what looks like a mini potentiometer on one of the actual speakers, and I think I soldered that back on to where it should go, and I played with the potentiometers, but still no sound. The machine was pried open as the previous owner lost the key, and I see there was a sensor on the door, not sure what effect it may have on anything, I found it taped up with 3 coins in, I guess to keep it thinking the door is constantly closed, but I cannot be for sure. I took out the keyed resent switch and soldered in a automobile type switch which works, the red button on the back of the front panel that I thought was supposed to change the difficulty from 1 to 6 doesn't seem to do anything, instead a button on the power block makes the numbers change between 1 and 6, so no idea what the red square button does. I know this is a lot, but maybe someone here can help me, I hate not having it work... Photos attached.1.jpg3.jpg8.jpg5.jpg4.jpg7.jpg6.jpg2.jpg9.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to AKSchonscheck

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Many problems with my Las Vegas by Olympia, help please

WELCOME!!!

I'm sorry I'm not much help, I just wanted to say that the small pots people add on can sometimes burn out.. Maybe try taking one out and see if you get any sound??

If it was 15 years ago I know we had lots of members with this machine that could have helped.. Maybe one of them are still around and will be able to help out!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for that suggestion! I'll try bypassing the pots, see if that does anything : )

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Easiest way to see if the payout function is working is load up the full 50 credits. Play one spin and top up back to 50. Then repeat till you get a winning line and see if it pays out the 2-4 tokens (depending on win) if it goes straight to error. You know that the system isn't telling the motor to turn. Or the motor is faulty. If it pays out far to much. You know the sensor is faulty.
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, my issue is when you win, it doesn't pay out, it just adds credits to the digital counter, not sure if holding the "cancel" button is supposed to make it pay out, or if there is a way to make it auto payout instead of auto give credit... Too new to know these things. On my other machines there is a dedicated button you push that then pays out, this one doesn't have that.1.jpg

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes. I'm asking you to check the whole pay out system. If it doesn't pay out once it goes over 50 credits.
    It will not payout if you hit the cash out button. Check the hopper system works first before looking at other issues.
    Ian #UKPachinko

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS