Thread: How to Identify Volume Cable

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default How to Identify Volume Cable

I'm currently having issues in identifying the cable for speaker for my pachinko cabinets

For those working a lot on modifying these machines, are there any patterns usually modern pachinko machine uses to identify their volume cables?
    As I'm planning to but more of these machines and would love to have them modded to reduce the sound .

I suspect that some of the cables that have 2 lines on them with colorful yellow and oranges are speaker but I'm afraid if I turn the machine on and unplugging them might cause my machine to broke 🥲

Any better approach to identifying the plugs so I can install potentiometers on them?
    How do I identify the proper potentiometers for the machines? I read somewhere that 1K Ohm should give results already.

thanks!

Super Sea Story in Japan with Taiko

Namcot Collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willypt; 02-13-2024 at 02:36 PM.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to willypt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How to Identify Volume Cable

Thought it would be an easy job.

Nope.

Japanese engineering are built different for sure

4. The following user says "Thanks" to willypt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It’s not necessary to modify most of the newer moderns in my experience since most all of mine have a master volume control on the rear of the cell somewhere. Then again I don’t own any modern Sanyos…. I’m more of a Sankyo, Heiwa, Amtex, Fuji, Takao type.

I’d look very closely at all the boards on the back of the cell.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you access the front speaker removing screws from the door ?
    You can also remove the front cell by loosening and turning those red holder
    DON'T FEED THE

8. The following user says "Thanks" to ebb

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does surprise me. My Sea story in the med that's over 10 years old had a great master pot on the back that was great when you turned it down. Is there a menu system you can access ?
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    It’s not necessary to modify most of the newer moderns in my experience since most all of mine have a master volume control on the rear of the cell somewhere. Then again I don’t own any modern Sanyos…. I’m more of a Sankyo, Heiwa, Amtex, Fuji, Takao type.

I’d look very closely at all the boards on the back of the cell.
    I've tried finding something that resembles knob to no avail on both machines. I will try again later. I too believe that there should be a master volume knob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Can you access the front speaker removing screws from the door ?
    You can also remove the front cell by loosening and turning those red holder
    I tried to remove some screws & loosening the red holder to access the front speaker. But it seems everything intertwined, so I might need to disassemble everything to access the speaker in the front. which is not preferable.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Does surprise me. My Sea story in the med that's over 10 years old had a great master pot on the back that was great when you turned it down. Is there a menu system you can access ?
    Menu system as in programmatically? If there's any manual regarding that, it'd be great to look into. So far I tried resets which was loud af and I don't see any switch to tinker with. This was also something I'd like to ask the seller of on how to configure menu system, since the machine has correctly configured date

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There a volume selection on every newer modem pachinko I own; which is controlled via the chance button and/or the directional buttons. Are you sure it’s set on the lowest level? Usually level 1 isn’t that loud.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is no Sea Story, but you get the drift… search around all the menus; download the google app for translating purposes if need be.

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you ever figure out how to turn the volume down in these machines?

If you bought them from JT Comatz; they probably sent you a video already showing how to adjust the volume (and how to reset using the settings key)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey lotsoballs, thanks for checking. I had turned the volume down and would like to lower them more. Contacted them and their engineer can't give good solution (only general ones).

I might save money to buy from A-Pachinko and see how they do their volume modifications on modern machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default How to Identify Volume Cable

Quote Originally Posted by willypt View Post
    Hey lotsoballs, thanks for checking. I had turned the volume down and would like to lower them more. Contacted them and their engineer can't give good solution (only general ones).

I might save money to buy from A-Pachinko and see how they do their volume modifications on modern machines.

Ok, but beware they sell cyclic modified machines; not much demand for those in the US if you ever sell it.

Too bad those models don’t have master volume controls or acceptable range of volume; many of my newer machines can be turned down all the way to silent, 0 volume; from the factory. So it’s really more of a model/manufacturer specific problem; not a vendor problem.

The less aftermarket modifications the better in my humble opinion. (I’ve dealt with installing pots before on other models, it’s a headache)

21. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Ok, but beware they sell cyclic modified machines; not much demand for those in the US if you ever sell it.

Too bad those models don’t have master volume controls or acceptable range of volume; many of my newer machines can be turned down all the way to silent, 0 volume; from the factory. So it’s really more of a model/manufacturer specific problem; not a vendor problem.

Less aftermarket modifications the better in my humble opinion. (I’ve dealt with installing pots before on other models, it’s a headache)
    Thanks for the headsup. Learnings are all I needed to get started. Since I believe there might be resources out there but in Japanese.
    I'd also tinker a bit in my current machine. taking them off, and try to see if there's any references in the internet for their models and stuff.

Although I'd focus more on building its lifter and design a frame to be mounted on walls. Saw some good references here and there.

Good tips on the aftermarket modifications. So it would be better to create external addons yeah?
    One option I might also do is to wrap the speakers with mufflers or clothes

23. The following user says "Thanks" to willypt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm situated in Indonesia. Not much of a market here. So I'd like to see if I can get people to know pachinko here by installing them in cafe. Though not sure if my neighbors would appreciate the noises

25. The following user says "Thanks" to willypt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by willypt View Post
    Thanks for the headsup. Learnings are all I needed to get started. Since I believe there might be resources out there but in Japanese.
    I'd also tinker a bit in my current machine. taking them off, and try to see if there's any references in the internet for their models and stuff.

Although I'd focus more on building its lifter and design a frame to be mounted on walls. Saw some good references here and there.

Good tips on the aftermarket modifications. So it would be better to create external addons yeah?
    One option I might also do is to wrap the speakers with mufflers or clothes

Stuffing the speakers with cotton balls or something to muffle them has been done for years; and it does work. Main problem with installing pots is new machines might have multiple speakers 4 or 5 of them; and they might be buried deeply in the frame, so much more involved than a couple decades ago when 2 speakers was the norm. Low quality pots will burn out and smell like an electrical fire; adjusting them perfect is very tricky, ect….

I’ve come to accept a little noise playing pachinko as that’s a defining quality of going to a parlor The louder your speakers the less noise you hear from the balls being paid out the unavoidable noise of playing any pachinko; modern or vintage; they are all noisy as hell anyway… so why fight it?

If you pick a machine based off of it’s good music soundtrack; you’ll be cranking the volume up rather than down!

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs