Thread: NewGin Furious Gaou - Ball Tank & LED Play Field

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default NewGin Furious Gaou - Ball Tank & LED Play Field

My Furious Gaou is now up and running. Thanks to all for the help. It seems to be playing and paying out as it should. I still have a couple of issues:

1) As Drunkenclam pointed out in my previous post; the rear ball tank is missing. I've searched for one online without luck. If any forum member knows where I might find/buy one, I'd be grateful for the information. Failing that, I'd like to make/use something to simulate the tank. It's a pain feeding the balls into the tracks all of the time. If anyone has any ideas of what I could use or pictures of an existing tank that I could use for a pattern, I'd appreciate the feedback. See images 01 and 02.

2) The LED numbers/letter R on the play field never change. I'm assuming they should do something during Wins and/or Payouts. See image 03.

This is not an issue but just throwing it in. I thought the play field looked a bit dark so I added a 24v LED strip underneath the inside, upper section of the window frame. I threaded the wire to the rear through an open vertical slot on the upper left corner (door open). It made quite a difference to the brightness of the field, especially in a darker room. I wired it to the output wires of the transformer (before) the machine on/off power button. That means they do stay on as long as the machine is plugged in (or the surge protector is on) I'll change that to a 24v source after the on/off button when I find one. See image 04.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CollinP; 02-10-2024 at 11:26 AM.

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to CollinP

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default NewGin Furious Gaou - Ball Tank & LED Play Field

Have you actually won a fever/jackpot/bonus yet? It probably indicates what round of the fever you are on.

As for the ball tray; could likely just retrofit the top hopper off of some other pachinko; modern or vintage; you’re going to need to get creative with your fabrication skills!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: NewGin Furious Gaou - Ball Tank & LED Play Field

I looked at a video from I think an old member and to me it looks like the 00s on the left are your subroulette indicator.. drop a ball into the passthrough pocket and it should flash between 00 and --.. The one with the R seems to count up rounds during a bonus..

And I can't tell what the other one is doing..sometimes it looks like its changing with payouts..But sometimes pachis have numbers or a bunch of LEDs that are supposed to somehow indicate upcoming wining chances, stuff you'd learn by reading pachi magazines back in the day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fy0vRmkJXk

Sub Roulette

Each time a ball goes through a pass through pocket (usually on the left and sometimes right side of the playfield), then one of the 4 leds will light (or a symbol on the screen will show)..those are stocked chances of getting the flippers around the main start pocket to open for less than a second, theoretically giving you a better chance to get a ball in the start pocket for a spin..there are usually also 2 symbols somewhere on the play field or on the screen that are usually an X and an O that will flash back and forth and then stop on one of them..if it stops on the right symbol then the flippers will open..if it stops on the other symbol then they won't open..Then if you have anymore stocked it will start again!!

On some pachinkos it will always stop on the winning symbol and on others it rarely does..like on Star Wars!!

It is often referred to as the 'sub roulette' on these forums!!

I hope I explained that ok...Its a feature on most modern pachinkos!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: NewGin Furious Gaou - Ball Tank & LED Play Field

Thanks, that's a great description. I'll play some games today to see if I can get some of those lights going.
    Last edited by CollinP; 02-11-2024 at 10:37 AM.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to CollinP