Thread: NewGin CR Furious Gaou MB 2003 - Alarm Sound Issue

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default NewGin CR Furious Gaou MB 2003 - Alarm Sound Issue

I've just picked up a NewGin - CR Furious Gaou MB 2003. (Images 01 and 02)

Could anyone please help me with the following points:

1) There is an alarm type sound on all of the time when powered on.

At the rear of the machine there is a wire connector at the top right. When the wires are connected the alarm sound is on, when disconnected the alarm sound goes off. If I leave the wires disconnected the game will play but there is no music. (Images 03 and 04)

There is a toggle switch (painted yellow) and there is a #7 showing on one of the boards.(Image 05).

I tried holding the toggle switch on/up before powering on and it seemed to make a difference. The alarm sound then went off when I powered up and if I then played a game the music also comes on, but so does the alarm sound. I think I'm close to solving but seem to be missing a step or two.

Is there a reset procedure for these machines?

2) I don't know if this is related to the #1 issue or any reset procedures, but on the rear, top of door and left of the tracks, there is a large plastic component with spring loaded claws. The movement of the claws operates an open/closed micro switch. It's just hanging in mid air and I can't see where it fits. (Image 06)

3) Do I need the fill the tracks at the rear (top) of the machine door with balls?

Thanks. CollinP
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CollinP

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: NewGin CR Furious Gaou MB 2003 - Alarm Sound Issue

where is the top tray. At a guess I would say the (claw) is a low ball switch. Its probably meant to be a ramp to join the ball tank to the chutes down to the payout motor.

reset is nomally a button. mostly near the error display. Never see a lever before. Is it spring loaded.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I stripped and cleaned down the chutes, checked as many connections as I could, filled up the rear tracks with balls and did, what I think was a reset. The code 7 has gone and there is just a solid red LED light in it's place, no number. The game seems to be working as it should. The lights come on, the balls fire and the reels turn when a ball goes into the centre tulip. The problem is; what I think is an "attendant alarm" starts when the reels start and/or whwn the music starts. That alarm won't stop until I disconnect the speakers or turn off the power. Any ideas please?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like some previous owner did some sort of hack job on this one. As mentioned, the top tray is missing completely. Hope the seller gave you a real good deal on this one. it might just be a parts machine in this shape.

I’ll bet they disconnected those wires just to get the alarm to go off. best place to start is unplugging/replugging in all the connectors; try to get it back to “stock” unmolested condition. If that fails; then electronic troubleshooting time.

This one might be too much of a basket case for someone’s first machine, with missing parts, errors, alarm, ect but you might be able to Jerry rig a new top tray using a vintage pachinko tray?

I’ve got a Treasure Boat of Lucky 7 God in the same frame as yours; here’s what the rear should look like. I can’t find any reset button on this frame; just the power switch on the main board.

For a beginner you might be better off cutting your losses and getting a machine from a vendor that’s guaranteed to be working. Or test before buying.

Last edited by lotsoballs; 02-06-2024 at 08:48 PM.

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Shoulda stuck with your first instinct on that Nishijin model A recycler, now there’s a proper first machine!

No electronic gremlins to fool with…

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the reply. I uploaded some images at the start of the post and image 05 shows a toggle switch on.the left side circled in yellow. Do you know if that has anything to do with the reset procedure or do you know what the reset procedure is? Thanks again for your time.

The seller will take it back but I'd really like to fix it. I hate giving up.
    Last edited by CollinP; 02-06-2024 at 09:00 PM.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to CollinP

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Normally to reset it’s a small button to press down while powering on the power switch. But this frame doesn’t have that. Many older machines have no way to reset. Besides turning it off and on; reboot it.

Whatever that toggle switch is specific to just the cell of your machine (one frame can have many different cells that fit it) no idea what it does.

Good luck!

12. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found this post from 2014 (from jesusjones) with the identical problem. It also looks like the same machine with a different name.
    https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...ng-Alarm-Issue

Quote:
    And it looks like problem solved. I uninstalled and reinstalled the pieces of the payout system. There are 2 that piggyback on one another with the part number of BC2-C on this machine, and whether it was simply resetting those by emptying the balls or swapping spots on the machine, the weird alarm thing went away. Thanks again for your input!

Which part is the "payout system". Is it where the balls flow from the upper rails below the tank?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    I found this post from 2014 (from jesusjones) with the identical problem. It also looks like the same machine with a different name.
    https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...ng-Alarm-Issue

Quote:
    And it looks like problem solved. I uninstalled and reinstalled the pieces of the payout system. There are 2 that piggyback on one another with the part number of BC2-C on this machine, and whether it was simply resetting those by emptying the balls or swapping spots on the machine, the weird alarm thing went away. Thanks again for your input!

Which part is the "payout system". Is it where the balls flow from the upper rails below the tank?
    Thanks
    They are probably referring to the “gear” that controls payout of the balls that’s controlled by an electric motor, on the right side of the rear. The payout mechanism.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

SOLVED! My balls are sticking and I suspect they're too big!!! I stripped out the ball guide path, took it apart and fed balls into it. I did a bunch of runs and eight out of ten resulted in the balls sticking tight enough to prevent further flow. I measured the balls using a digital micrometer and all were the same size. (see image inches/mm).
    I cleaned and resembled the guide components, loaded the balls and ran some games. I wasn't very far in until the alarm started.

Going to the rear of the machine; I tapped gently on the ball guide components with a screwdriver handle (see image) and, sure enough, the balls started to flow and the alarm went silent. I actually got a few good games out of it.

I think I"m going to really get into Pachinko games despite the very poor start.

On the upside; I had some great help from the members of this forum and I'm very grateful. I joined in September 2023 and never had a Pachislo or Pachinko prior to that (this is my first Pachinko). With an enormous amount of help, guidance and also encouragement to "feed myself" by way of this forum membership, I've learned so much on the subject. I thank you all very much.

Best regards to all.

Ball question (or two): Any opinion on the best place to buy new balls? And is there a standard diameter specification?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by CollinP; 02-07-2024 at 05:54 PM.

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CollinP

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Balls should be 11mm diameter and weight 5.5g each.
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice! Probably someone being cheap and bought some ball bearing off Amazon causing the problem.

Just be sure you buy authentic pachinko balls; not ball bearings. Clover collectables sells them; I’d get at least 1000 for a modern. Or various vendors on eBay like pachinko pagoda

21. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I asked him and he did buy the the 11.11mm balls from Amazon. Got more for his money..not! Thanks

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CollinP

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    I asked him and he did buy the the 11.11mm balls from Amazon. Got more for his money..not! Thanks

It would not be the first time and won’t be the last time we hear about ball jams caused by those Amazon ball bearings, and they are shipped covered in an oil coating; last thing you want to put in a pachinko. They aren’t even chrome plated…

25. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I buy mine by the 4000 box and have them shipped slow boat from Japan. Then sell off some on ebay to recoup some of the cost.

Try Peteybob. He might have some. But nor seen him for a while.
    Ian #UKPachinko

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is the ball size and weight the same for vintage and modern pachinkos?

And I'm not sure if I should start a new thread for this but I'll post it anyway; What are the buttons for on the attached image? The one one the far left is doesn't depress at all.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Top two. Ball loan buttons for when the machine is linked to the parlour ball credit system does nothing at home unless you buy a Daverob dongle. A must for all non cyclic modern machines at home. Middle right. Probably top tray ball dump. Drops all the balls from the top tray to the bottom. Left button. Bottom tray dump.

The last 2 are a guess as don't know that frame.

Pretty much sure ball size and weight haven't changed in 60 years.
    Ian #UKPachinko

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam