Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OLD Super Planet T

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default OLD Super Planet T

Well well well.... I'm not even sure what to say about this thing.

My wish for an OLD machine has come true. Unfortunately my wish for something to fix has also come true; but not for a pachinko like I wanted.

I won this auction for a super planet t. No idea of the date since there isn't one anywhere, but it is old. VERY old. It has one speaker and it very rarely plays anything (though I haven't hit a bonus yet). Whenever you do anything (hit a button, put in a token, hit the spin level), there is a solenoid that slams a metal plate into another metal plate to make a rather suprising noise. Kind of like the coin mechanism disengaging on a modern machine but a LOT louder. When you win any tokens it rings a bell. Kind of like the old manual doorbells that you twist a key in the middle and it dings like a school bell. Lots of LEDs on the face and a series of LEDs to show where you are in the bonus round (though I haven't hit that yet).

Now for the horror. I got this thing off of eBay and drove an hour to get it. He said that when he hit a bonus it would lock up. He only had 50 tokens, though, so that's why it was messing up. Or so I thought.

Ugh. This microscopic hopper (it MAY hold about 200 tokens full up) was actually hooked up wrong. It has a hookup for 50Hz and one for 60Hz and it was on the wrong one. Fixed that. Hopper locked up. Won't spin. I took it all apart and fixed it up. Pretty neat design, but VERY different that a modern hopper.

And speaking of spins.... The spin knob is missing. Just a hole into the machine. I currently have to stuff a stick in it to get it to spin. He didn't mention that in the auction. *sigh*

Another thing that he didn't mention is that this poor machine is MESSED UP. I have never seen anything so dirty in my life. You can literally push around dirt inside the thing. And dead bugs. LOTS of em. And the reels *shiver* Literally almost black with dirt.

Well, I'm rambling on. Super interesting machine, though it looks different from the Super Planet T photo listed a week or two ago. I am rather p*ssed about the auction, though. I would never have bid so much for a machine in such bad condition.

Ups and downs....

I'll keep y'all updated and get some pics up as I get it cleaned up a bit.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: OLD Super Planet T

Hopefully, you got a great price and if so, you'll get your money's worth just learning to clean and fix this one up!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry to hear it isn't working out the way you invisioned it.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you probably could have backed out since it was not really as described. However, it sounds like you've already decided to take on this challenge. I am sure that you will fix it up beautifully and have a fine looking machine in the end. Looking forward to the pics.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You may end up paying a little more than you wanted in the end. But if you take your time you will learn a lot a long the way. It may look bad know, but I am sure that you are up to the task. And I am sure our vendors will help with finding some of the parts.

Good luck,

John
    Last edited by johntofva; 07-07-2005 at 01:37 AM.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You should be able to get a joystick from one of our regular vendors.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is this the one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...190165617&rd=1

If so looks cool, hope you fix it up!
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some pics and translations from the Yasama site:http://www.yamasa.co.jp (just click the 1st link under 'Corporate' and then the drop down menu that says 2005...it goes back to '80.)

1985 Planet T

Planet The mountain 佐 1 can be called representation of machine the type which this planet. 7, the mountain 佐 type reach eye which consists of the bonus design of BAR and the watermelon already has appeared from this type. Degree of completion is high very, the 秀 surpassing game characteristic 3 is succeeded even in the super planet of the machine

1990 Super Planet T

Super planet You debutted in 1990 June, 3-1 the machine of the mountain 佐 which it should commemorate. As for the mass reach eye which is succeeded from the first pulsar, with this work arrival to the ultimate limits. Small part high probability state after and for a while between the BIG bonus ending continues, new adoption of the "fruit game" called big echo.

Hope this info is helpful.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone for your moral support.

slotter: Got it for slightly over $100.

dattia: I probably could have backed out, but the guy was so nice. I think it was an honest mistake. He said in the auction that it didn't work and he knew nothing about them. He didn't, however, say how messed up the case was or that the spin knob was missing. I dunno. I'm just not a 'backer outer.'

john: Once I compare the spin lever to the newer machines I have I'll start checking with our vendors. Hopefully I can pick one up cheap, I just want to make sure the design of the newer ones is still the same. It works the same, but seems to be a lot longer than the modern ones. But I'll be checking....

MrG: Yep. That's the one. And thanks for those links. I had looked on Yamasa's site, but couldn't find the older ones. I'll look more carefully. Now I know it's an '90's machine, though, since the Super Planet debuted in 1990. That's weird, though, because the insides are definately 'older appearing' in style than my other machines.

Thanks again everyone. I'll post pics here as I go.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I totally understand, my first machine arrived looking fine, but brain dead. The ad stated "perfect working condition". I always gave my seller the benefit of the doubt as he maintained it was fine when it left him. After a lot of communication with him, he gave me half of my purchase price back...which pretty much covered the cost of fixing the machine. Good luck!
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The auction picture (see pic above) does not show a joystick knob, but it's difficult to see that at first glance. For $100, you got a neat old machine, though, and his description in the auction was pretty much accurate, too. Bet you'll have this up and running like new again soon!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hw states in his ad that he has played it???

with no joystick?????
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, he played it. When I picked it up he said that he put a drill bit in there and jimmied it around until the wheels spun. Obviously this is the type of spin knob that, when moved, goes through an optical sensor.

I believe one of my other machines is this way, so I'll have to check. I know most of mine are a wholly enclosed switch type of deal, though.

I'm also going to have to take it ALL the way apart to clean it. The tray is very 'de-chromed' too, so this may be a time to try that new Krylon Fusion paint and see if it comes in chrome.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I used that Krylon Fusion paint on some PVC plumbing fixtures when I built the bar/counter in my basement. It worked great on the PVC. I also used it on an electrical cord so it would blend in with my red walls. It covered well, but for some reason, even though it is totally dry, it still feels a little tacky.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Krylon Fusion paint will probably not come in chrome. But use it as a primer then get a regular chrome paint and spray it on after. Then when all is dry get some lacquer you can spray from a can. Put a good four or five coats on it. The can will say three coats but I just fixed up a machine with bad chrome. I sprayed it on to heavy and it ran on me. Quick light coats. Do not worry about getting it all covered in one coat. That is wye the extra coats. Also the machine I fixed had gold chrome and the can said gold chrome with a cap a nice shinny gold,but is was more of a dull gold. This will work for any time you want a different color then the Krylon Fusion will come in. They do not have a lot of colors to chose from. I also did this to a old pachinko. You can see it under vintage packinkos. I used a hammered gold color looked great!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

CMK, you really should get some pictures of "before," if it isn't already too late! They'll go great with the "after" pics!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the tips Laz.

TJ: I did take a couple of before pics, but it's hard to tell how dirty the machine was. In some of the pics you'll be able to see some of my dirty paper towels, though.

Right now I'm heading off to bed, but I'll post up a bunch of pics in the morning once I get to work.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okey dokey. This was going to be WAY too long to post here, so I decided to just put up a webpage with the cleaning of the machine. It's not all fixed yet, but at least it's clean.

Read the story here: http://www.geocities.com/cmk8895/SuperPlanetT.html

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, it certainly looks as though you've come a long way in a very short time. Good job.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What can I say? I get a teeny bit obsessive about things. Ok, maybe a lot obsessive. Ask my other half. lol

I was just determined to get the thing at least working. Especially since the aforementioned other half was extremely ticked off that I spent yet another $100 on a 5th machine that "didn't even work." I wonder when I should mention the new pachinko I ordered....

cmk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast