Thread: Newbie help: Sankyo Ghost missing jumpers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie help: Sankyo Ghost missing jumpers

Hi folks: I've been drinking from the firehose trying to get info, but I'm floundering as a newbie to Pachinkos. I'll drop a new thread and see if anyone can help. I have a 1999 (?) Sankyo 'Ghost' pachinko, with the three reel video feature. I thought when all three line up for the bonus, the middle playfield levers would open for easy scores for a period of time (or number of scores, or whatever.) Instead, I just get a video screen saying "Round 1 / Count 0" with music and lights, and otherwise nothing happens; play seems as normal (except there are no reels on the video screen).

There is what appears to be a panel of jumpers (i.e. double pins) in the rear on the left, with no jumpers installed. They are marked "J1CN1" through "-7" Using Google Translate (various translations), I get the following: J1CN1 Start or Starting or Start Opening; J1CN2 Number Of Confirmed Symbols 1 or Design Confirmation Count 1; J1CN3 Jackpot 1; J1CN4 Jackpot 2; J1CN5 Probability Fluctuation; J1CN6 Number Of Confirmed Symbols 2 or Design Confirmation Count 2; and J1CN7 Number Of Accesories.

It is possible that these aren't jumper posts, but rather cable jacks, but I don't see any dangling cables (detail photo shows three empty jacks at the top, cables removed for photography.) Any info will be appreciated. Thanks--Chas
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following user says "Thanks" to chasindayton

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie help: Sankyo Ghost missing jumpers

When you get a bonus, the big door at the bottom (labeled 'OPEN') should open and you need to shoot balls in there. After approx. 10 balls (the 'count') the door closes then reopens for the next round. After a certain number of rounds, the bonus ends.

The connectors on the back are for a 'battle counter' which tells you the number of starts (spins) till you get a bonus, type of bonus and number of bonuses, among other things, depending on the counter.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. I managed to get the board off the back of the machine, see the solenoid that opens the door, looks like black+yellow wires going somewhere. I'll try reseating every connector I can get my hands on, especially black and yellow ones, and hope that works.

Follow-up question: When does the center "tulip" above the door open? I've only seen it twitch a few times.

-------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    When you get a bonus, the big door at the bottom (labeled 'OPEN') should open and you need to shoot balls in there. After approx. 10 balls (the 'count') the door closes then reopens for the next round. After a certain number of rounds, the bonus ends.

The connectors on the back are for a 'battle counter' which tells you the number of starts (spins) till you get a bonus, type of bonus and number of bonuses, among other things, depending on the counter.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you just sit and play it long enough; all of your questions will be answered.

Play it till you hit the “fever” mode and report back; you’ll know when it happens..

7. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The pass through pockets probably start a sub roulette..

Sub Roulette

Each time a ball goes through a pass through pocket (usually on the left and sometimes right side of the playfield), then one of the 4 leds will light (or a symbol on the screen will show)..those are stocked chances of getting the flippers around the main start pocket to open for less than a second, theoretically giving you a better chance to get a ball in the start pocket for a spin..there are usually also 2 symbols somewhere on the play field or on the screen that are usually an X and an O that will flash back and forth and then stop on one of them..if it stops on the right symbol then the flippers will open..if it stops on the other symbol then they won't open..Then if you have anymore stocked it will start again!!

On some pachinkos it will always stop on the winning symbol and on others it rarely does..like on Star Wars!!

It is often referred to as the 'sub roulette' on these forums!!

I hope I explained that ok...Its a feature on most modern pachinkos!!

Ian #UKPachinko

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Fever mode" is presumably when all three reels match. Feeding the center target for a half hour or so, I finally get a match, but the "Open" door does not open; the bonus screen stays stuck on "Round 1 Count 0".

I pulled the machine apart and find that the solenoid that opens the "Open" door moves freely, no mechanical obstructions. Since I can't find a schematic, and I don't want to disassemble further to trace wires etc, all I know to do is to reassemble it, taking care to reseat all the harness plugs, hoping it was just a loose connection. I have some experience working on full sized pin balls etc, but I don't know pachinkos (do solenoids operate off the ICs, or are there driver transistors, etc.) Regardless, without a good service manual / schematic, there isn't much I know to do.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thought the "battle counter" connection was through the long multipin connector (resembles an old parallel printer connector) at the bottom right. When you say "connectors on the back" are you talking about the two-pin jobs I described above?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's the CR port. Connects to the ball loan credit system rather than payout statistics
    Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie help: Sankyo Ghost missing jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by chasindayton View Post
    "Fever mode" is presumably when all three reels match. Feeding the center target for a half hour or so, I finally get a match, but the "Open" door does not open; the bonus screen stays stuck on "Round 1 Count 0".

I pulled the machine apart and find that the solenoid that opens the "Open" door moves freely, no mechanical obstructions. Since I can't find a schematic, and I don't want to disassemble further to trace wires etc, all I know to do is to reassemble it, taking care to reseat all the harness plugs, hoping it was just a loose connection. I have some experience working on full sized pin balls etc, but I don't know pachinkos (do solenoids operate off the ICs, or are there driver transistors, etc.) Regardless, without a good service manual / schematic, there isn't much I know to do.
    Machines are not designed to be played with the door open and someone “cheating” dropping balls in….i know some of my hanemono type will go into error mode if you try that without going through getting balls in the “1” and “2” scoring pockets first.

I’d try actually playing it normally until fever mode hits and see if it still happens. With the door closed obviously. If still happening then; you definitely have some issue with it.

There’s no schematic for these; not really made to be serviceable and service manuals are quite limited.

If you want it to “pay out” more and get more spins to increase odds of a fever; just widen the gap between the 2 nails up above the scoring pocket a bit to slightly or wildly increase your odds of getting spins…
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-23-2024 at 08:21 PM.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How to Troubleshoot down to the Component level without Schematics .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QFAWb1F_EpE
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the inputs. After reassembling the machine, the "Open" fever bonus door functions; it must have been a loose connection. Yea!

20. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to chasindayton

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yay!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received