Thread: Sammy Aladdin Reset & Buttons Question.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sammy Aladdin Reset & Buttons Question.

Hi,
    I've just picked up a Sammy !! Evolution. I saw the machine turn on at the sellers place but we didn't have coins so I couldn't try it out. The video on the machine worked and the lights were fine. After getting it home and plugging it in, all that now happens is the lights flicker and coins just drop though without recognition. I've checked every connection I can find and tried multiple resets but nothing changes. If someone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Also, two questions that I have are :

Question 1. When doing Step 6 in following reset procedure, do I press the "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons at the same time as pressing down on the play handle or after I press the play handle: Here's step 6 on the reset procedure I'm using.
    6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds, and on some machines depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

Question2. What is the button on the far left side for? It's recessed into the plastic face and it clicks when pressed. I've circled it in yellow on the attached image.

Thanks. CollinP.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sammy Aladdin Reset & Buttons Question.

This is the reset procedure I've always used, so I don't know about the other buttons..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpc8K4F6KPw

Full reset (sometimes referred to here as the hard reset) it includes changing or setting the odds as part of the procedure..

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Odds setting button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

Not sure about the other button.. It could be changing between cash and credit mode??

Cash mode you have to load tokens for each spin and it pays out all wins..

Credit mode lets you load up to 50 credits and only pays out over once the 50 credits are full..

There can't be any credits when you change modes!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Reset Issue Fixed:
    First of all: Thanks to MrGneiss for the feedback. Your reinforcement of my carrying out the reset procedure correctly sent me looking elsewhere for the problem.
    I started by checking that the reset switch was actually working. I removed the Power Supply, took off the front cover and found the connector (for the reset switch wires) was disconnected from the control board. The wires were actually wound around the reset switch base (making then too short to reach the board connector). It looks like someone tried to fix the issue previously, disconnected the wires but, didn't know where to reconnect them. Anyhow, after reconnecting and reinstalling everything I have a fully functional, very nice, Sammy Aladdin machine. Thanks again MrGneiss.

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to CollinP

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe the button you have circled in yellow is the Cash Out button.

When you push it it would pay a token for each credit shown on the Credit Meter.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    I believe the button you have circled in yellow is the Cash Out button.

When you push it it would pay a token for each credit shown on the Credit Meter.
    Yes it is. Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated. CollinP