Thread: Shin Toyama no Kin-san parts question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Shin Toyama no Kin-san parts question

Hello all! I managed to get the top piece from the Shin Toyama no Kin-san pachinko game. I'd love to get it to just work as a lamp. Is that something doable? I did find a cell board on yahoo auctions that ends in a week (second pic). I might be able to get that and put them together. Any advice?
    pachinkotopper.pngt1107543609_1.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to LuckyCatMuseum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Shin Toyama no Kin-san parts question

That's pretty cool like the lamp

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It wouldn’t do any good to buy the cell; unless you have the correct frame for it.

The cell won’t function without input from the board(s) on the frame.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you think I'd be able to get them to just light up? It would just serve as a cool display piece.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCatMuseum View Post
    Do you think I'd be able to get them to just light up? It would just serve as a cool display piece.
    Not without the frame as mentioned. Also; that cell you posted; somebody hacked up the wires really bad removing it…. Instead of disconnecting the connectors like a sane person…It’s junk, and would require a good bit of wiring soldering/fixing just to get that to work; even if you did have the frame. I’d avoid that cell no matter how cheap it is.
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 10-25-2023 at 09:44 AM.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ouch. Why would anyone just chop it up and then, instead of throwing it into the garbage, try to sell it? Good luck trying to make that one work without extensive documentation on the cell and the frame. Making that do anything is far beyond my patience and expertise.

On the other hand, I'm assuming that the top piece is likely just a lamp. There's likely to be a connector somewhere to play with and apply power to. If it's just two wires it's pretty easy and you can try to apply a few different voltages (start with 5V DC, assuming it's LEDs, and if that works great, otherwise change the polarity). If there's more than 2 wires you might have to very carefully take it apart to see how its' wired internally (and if you have it open, take a look at the lights or LEDs themselves for power requirements).

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Atoombolle

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

if its just the top piece. Then it proably just wants a DC voltage input. It might have many zones or lights to form patterns. Also there may or may not be current limiting resistors. You would have to look at the circuit baord and see if there are any resistors on the board. If there is, then start to apply voltage to it. starting at 3.3v and working up.

of course. depending on whats inside the case. It might be easier to remove the internals and just put a small torch or such like inside.
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Atoombolle View Post
    Ouch. Why would anyone just chop it up and then, instead of throwing it into the garbage, try to sell it? Good luck trying to make that one work without extensive documentation on the cell and the frame. Making that do anything is far beyond my patience and expertise.

On the other hand, I'm assuming that the top piece is likely just a lamp. There's likely to be a connector somewhere to play with and apply power to. If it's just two wires it's pretty easy and you can try to apply a few different voltages (start with 5V DC, assuming it's LEDs, and if that works great, otherwise change the polarity). If there's more than 2 wires you might have to very carefully take it apart to see how its' wired internally (and if you have it open, take a look at the lights or LEDs themselves for power requirements).
    Just an idiot I guess… Probably why it’s listed for sale at 555 yen ($3.70)

The seller did mention one needs “skills” to fix it up..

Don’t bid unless you got mad skillz…

“The product is in good condition with no noticeable scratches on the board, nails, accessories, etc. However, when I removed the cell board, some of the wiring on the back broke.
    Please check images 9.10.
    If you have the knowledge and skills, I think you will be able to connect, so we are looking forward to bids from those with the skills.”

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Heh. The prices I see are such a small part of the total cost including shipping that I often forget that if I were in Japan, something would just be a really cheap item. I see a $50 machine and to me that's a $430 machine by the time it gets here.

I almost bid on a DOA 5 pachislo the other day until I noticed that while the listing described shipping as paid for by the buyer, the seller had put in the description that they would not ship and it was local pickup only.

For me, the only way I'd be able to hook up a cell like that to the frame is if I already had that particular cell in the frame and this was a duplicate. .

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Atoombolle