Thread: Classic Modern 1990's Nishijin Mr.フォール PT2 Mr. Fall Pt 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Classic Modern 1990's Nishijin Mr.フォール PT2 Mr. Fall Pt 2

Hello everyone! I am newer to PachiTalk! You can call me Dill. I live in Raleigh, North Carolina. I have lurked around and thought of owning a Pachinko machine and my wish came true last week when I bought a vintage Nishijin Model B from Goodwill for $80. It arrived and thanks to the guides people have posted in here and the videos, I was able to get it fully up and running in no time! Super simple as it was all about moving the latches and putting everything in the right place, just needs some cleaning now. I will post more about that one in the Vintage category. I had considered getting a vintage model on FB Marketplace but they were pretty pricey or in really rough shape or had no/rusty balls. Anyway, I got this first machine and the whole family has had so much fun playing with it, the only complaint was that it could use more lights or sounds.

Well, either it was fate or perhaps the Facebook app listening in, the day after I got my first one, someone listed a pachinko machine for $40, "needs repair"

My wife had just gone to sleep, no way I would wake her up from her slumber to show her this. I also was too excited to wait until the next day. I quickly messaged the person and they said they would be open to meet that night. I got their address and drove out. Now I was excited about this model as it was still "vintage-ish" but has the little Hanemono game in the middle and I also knew it would have more lights and sound as well. Seemed perfect to go with our other one! The downfall was I could not find anything on this unit when doing a search. Clearly the vintage models get a lot of the attention with guides and such. Theres just so many modern machines and changes, I get it.

So I arrive at the sellers house and I go in and there it is, just sitting there. I ask if they know anything about it, they dont. The lady says she sells stuff and thats how she makes some side cash. I stare at the machine maybe 10 minutes thinking "what is all this, can I even figure this out". I spot a lego brick stuck in the lower ball track that feeds into the jackpot and lots of balls queued up to go behind it. That must be why it is for repair, or maybe they just looked at it and decided it was broken (it was quite gross). I mumble a bit and offer the lady $20 and a promise that if I got it working I would send her a video of me playing it. She said yes and I brought it home.

First thing I did was cleaned the glass, now I could actually see inside it well. Next, I removed the stuck lego piece and the balls now flowed freely into the jackpot area. I noticed there was a piece of paper inside the door on how to win the jackpot but I could not figure out how to open the door, it was clearly different than my vintage model. So lets plug it in and see what happens! I grab an extension cord and plug it up, lights come on but not a lot. Just a screen scrolling Japanese and some small lights on either side of the center feature. I also hear a weird electrical buzz that is changing pitch as the screen scrolls its message. I look at the back and its coming from the silver box that looks like it might be the computer or something. This is possibly Problem #1 assuming this is not normal.

I put some balls in and go to use the launcher and... nothing. It wont fire. I open the door and drop a ball in the center #2 jackpot and it makes a ton of happy noises (that are so loud it scares the heck out of me) and lights flash but it dispenses no balls (Problem #2). I unplug the speaker and wiggle things until it spits out the ball I had played but still no jackpot. At some point during all of the following antics I happen to get the jackpot to work, but it is not consistent and I have no clue what caused it to "work". The fact that it did though at least told me that the stuff does work as intended if everything is just right. One thing I noticed was the tracks in the back seemed hinged and would open quite easily. I tried to find out how to "click" it to the game board but it wouldnt stay flat against it, just a small gap so I taped it down for now. Another thing was I found a small black box in the center under the feature which had two wires going to it. One of them was barely connected, so I fixed it. I excitedly go to try the launcher and... nothing still. I hold the launcher down while wiggling things and all of a sudden it fires! Yes! But then it stops. I continue wiggling and it starts firing again. It was not much longer before I realized it was not the wiggling but rather what I was touching. Anytime I touched something metal, the ball would start shooting while I was holding the trigger. So here is Problem #3, how does one correct this problem. I tried messing with the black switch on the side that you use to only shoot balls one at a time but the only thing that makes the shooter work is to activate it while touching metal (even the front door frame!).

So here I am, after much procrastinating and hoping I would magically solve all my issues, I decided to make this post and tell my story. I hope maybe you found this entertaining. Here are few other problems I noticed.

Problem #4 - Some balls are a just not super shiny. Except for a few with rust patches or fully rusted, a lot are great but some of them look like they need some attention to help prolong their useful life. Whats some strategies there?
    Problem #5 - The light above the door is broken. The wiring is there but the lights or the lens are gone. I assume this part is not going to be easy to find. What are the functions of those two lights?
    Problem #6 - If I manually trigger a jackpot then drop a ball in the "V" it triggers the bigger jackpot minigame. Sometimes it will go on for a while but sometimes after a short time some of the lights will turn on solid and it will make a siren noise. One time it "fixed itself" and started doing the normal jackpot thing for a bit before going back into the "siren mode". Unplugging and plugging back in the machine seems to fix this.
    Problem #7 - Some areas of the game board are a little worn, even worth through the graphic just a bit. Is there anything I can apply to the graphic in these areas to seal it from more damage? Thinking like a clear fingernail polish or something. Might be too shiny though.
    Problem #8 - The volume is too loud. I do see a potentiometer on the lower right hand side of the back of the machine but I am not sure what it does. Adjusting it back and forth did not seem to change the volume. I know some machines people modify them, not sure if that is needed here too. Is there a clean solution out there that does not involve cutting the original wires or would I need to make one.

Thats it for now, here are some pictures! I have the center features cover removed from the back but past that, you can see everything else that is there or might be missing.

Nishijin Mr.Fall.pngNishijin Mr.Fall 2.png

Here is a video of the buzzing. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...3/IMG_9422.mov
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to dlmckenzie2004

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Classic Modern 1990's Nishijin Mr.フォール PT2 Mr. Fall Pt 2

FYI

The scrolling message on the display when you first plug it in says:

ニューエキサイティングマシーン。ミスターフォールガ、アナタノオアイテヲ、シマス。

Translated as: "New Exciting Machine. Mr. Fall will keep you company."

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to dlmckenzie2004

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

A lot of my older machines buzz when lights go on and off.. I can't see your video, so I can't say if it's a "normal" buzz or not!!

The pachinko is designed to need your had to make contact on the knob to complete a circuit to work not just to turn it.. It's been a long time since someone has posted about this problem that I can't remember the fix!! Grounding wire in the knob maybe?? Hopefully someone more helpful will be along soon!!

Most people here tend not to use worn or pitted balls for fear of causing wear on the playfield or parts.. If they're just dirty there are many ways people clean them!

Adding a pot to a speaker wire to adjust volume is the most common way people keep their ears from bleeding!!

Often in older machines an alarm will sound if it's in a bonus and no balls are going in to winning holes, because in a parlor no one would stop shooting during a bonus, so the machine thinks there is something wrong, so that might be causing your alarm!!

Also I think your machine is Mr.フォール P-2 not, PT2... Mr. Fall seems to be a pretty common machine, so there are several play videos and blog post about it..

Searching google with just Mr.フォール or Mr.フォール P-3 might get you more results..

You have the less common All 11 (P-2) version vs the more common All 13 (P-3) one with the pro wrestler graphics.. The only other difference besides playfield graphics is the payouts off 11 vs 13 balls per pocket..

Looks like it came out in 1990!!

Watching videos can help you figure out what your machine is superposed to be doing!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn2e7orbwTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs-zSzgfgW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4VNsXydvT0

https://blog.goo.ne.jp/selfconfide77...b0b400e26aabeb

Hopefully someone can help you with the rest of your problems!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well that sounds normal. High pitch noises sometimes can be capacitors charging. Like an old fashioned camera flash.

The pot on the back might be related to fine tuning the shooter force.
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Behold! It appears I resolved a few of these problems myself today. Here is my updated list:

Problem 2 - I think I just had to secure the tracks to the game board and ensure the seesaw was set right. I couldnt find a place to put a screw so I used a bit of tape for now. There was also a wire that was preventing the right tulips jackpot from paying out on time (it was blocking the track)
    Problem 3 - The potentiometer I mentioned yesterday that I thought might control the volume. A reply here mentioned it might adjust the strength of the ball being hit. Well I went to adjust it and by some odd chance discovered that it adjusts the sensitivity of the launcher ground (maybe in addition to the strength of the hit?)

Problem #1 may be nothing according to a reply above. Problems 4 through 8 are still ongoing.

Anyway, at this point I can actually play it and it appears to be working great!

11. The following user says "Thanks" to dlmckenzie2004

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Classic Modern 1990's Nishijin Mr.フォール PT2 Mr. Fall Pt 2

As others mentioned; buzzing or high pitched squeaking sounds is totally normal in the era of hanemono type. Non-issue.

Rusty balls just need thrown away; buy new balls.

The busted light; going to be hard to find that… probably have to buy a parts machine. The light comes on during fever.

Alarm coming on during fever is likely “normal” because the alarm WILL go off if you don’t score at least 1 ball per round during the fever mode into the center feature; typical feature of hanemono type from this era, sounds like you need to improve your aim!

If you don’t play all the way through the Fever; alarm goes off…

I would not put anything on the playfield to prevent damage; if want to prevent further damage stop using those rusty balls!

No; it’s not too loud. These older ones are pretty quiet compared to the sound systems on the new models! The speaker loudness counter acts aforementioned buzzing noises of the center feature… Working as designed!

You can install potentiometers if want to be able to adjust more.
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 10-14-2023 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    As others mentioned; buzzing or high pitched squeaking sounds is totally normal in the era of hanemono type. Non-issue.

Rusty balls just need thrown away; buy new balls.

The busted light; going to be hard to find that… probably have to buy a parts machine. The light comes on during fever.

Alarm coming on during fever is likely “normal” because the alarm WILL go off if you don’t score at least 1 ball per round during the fever mode into the center feature; typical feature of hanemono type from this era, sounds like you need to improve your aim!

If you don’t play all the way through the Fever; alarm goes off…

I would not put anything on the playfield to prevent damage; if want to prevent further damage stop using those rusty balls!

No; it’s not too loud. These older ones are pretty quiet compared to the sound systems on the new models! The speaker loudness counter acts aforementioned buzzing noises of the center feature… Working as designed!

You can install potentiometers if want to be able to adjust more.
    Howdy neighbor! You might be my hookup for expanding the collection haha. If you ever see anything out this way you want let me know and I can go check it out and get it for you.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to dlmckenzie2004

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dlmckenzie2004 View Post
    Howdy neighbor! You might be my hookup for expanding the collection haha. If you ever see anything out this way you want let me know and I can go check it out and get it for you.
    Will do! Yeah, I probably need to make some room for the new machines I bought! I’m at over 50 machines and 25+ extra cells in a normal size house.

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs