Thread: Need verification that a piece is broken/missing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need verification that a piece is broken/missing

Hi, first time Pachinko owner. I picked up a Nashijin type A machine for $20 at yard sale a few days ago on pure nostalgia. Solving one problem at a time while I wait on a delivery of 500 shiny new balls...so I am working with only a handful and I know that can also affect the overall operation of the machine. After cleaning (best I can without a total tear down), and releasing all jammed balls from various places, the most obvious problem I see is that the ball loader/shooter is not functioning properly.

1. The shooter, if you manually place a ball on it, works great.
    2. The lifter/loader, with the door open and the pin lifted for the empty supply/flag will load the balls and spit it out the hole (as though it was spitting onto the shooting lane), but once the door is closed, and you flip the handle the next ball doesn't load.
    ---I think the problem is that there is perhaps a little plastic protrusion (pin?) that has broken off and is missing from the corner of the arm. From what I can tell, that should swing another plastic plate that would allow it to spit the ball out thus loading the next ball.

I have 2 related questions:
    1. Is there indeed a piece missing from the bottom corner (below metal bracket)? If so, can someone share a picture from a few angles of what it should look like so that I can try to fabricate and repair it? Extra credit if you can provide me with some rough measurements.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/kvGJ2AE7gPVPV128A
    missing piece.jpg
    2. What is this wire for? It seems that when it is over the pin, not much movement happens, and when it is not- that the part that loads the ball are able to move and function. Is this a manual lock out that also leaves the balls to flow through? It seems to be connected to some type of scale/release that leads to the receiver tray from the overflow?
    wire.jpg

TIA for ant advice or input. I have looked up many helpful videos, animations, photos and past threads on here that have been so helpful in just the three days I have had this machine. Still have a lot to learn!

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Swbaby