Thread: How do I identify and locate documentation for this machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default How do I identify and locate documentation for this machine

Hi all and thanks for the join!
    I used to repair video games back in the early 90's, but have since moved into other stuff. A friend of mine's wife picked up this slot machine for $50 as a surprise to give him for his mancave and asked me if I could look at it and see what I could do to make it work.

As far as I can tell, it is working, except the payout is not working (I think). It almost looks like a pachislo slot machine, but not positive as I havent been able to find an exact match.

How do I identify it and find schematics or other details (preferably in English) about the machine to try and troubleshoot?

slot 1 s.jpgslot 2 s.jpgslot 3 s.jpgslot 4 s.jpg

Looking forward to this adventure!

Thanks for any assistance!!!

A

Last edited by Drunkenclam; 09-20-2023 at 11:56 AM.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Azimuth

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How do I identify and locate documentation for this machine

WELCOME!!!

It is a pachislo and it looks to be a Jupiter Queen 2 (ジュピタークィーン2) made by Olympia and came out in parlors in December of 2002!!

Schematics will probably be impossible to find and wouldn't be in English.. Pachis are only meant for Japanese parlors and after four years were meant for the junk yard, so very different than video games and pinballs!!

If it's in credit mode (allows you to load more than 3 tokens) load it with 50 credits and add 3 tokens with each spin until you hit something that pays out since it will only pay out over 50 credits!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the info! I didnt realize there was a difference till I was handed this machine and started to look into it, very fascinating! Surprised there is a life expectancy too on these. While not metal, they seem to be made decently much like a regular arcade game cabinet.
    I saw on the sites db the name, mfg and year, when I need to figure out is figure out the basics before I get too far, such as what the switches and buttons on the PS do. How to change any modes, are there any settings, etc. LOL, anything to give me a jump start is appreciated.
    Right now its set up for tokens. I just ordered some on Amazon, but in the mean time moded it to take quarters. The hopper is empty, wondering if there is a sensor in it which could be affecting things too. Should have tokens Saturday, so will dive in a bit more.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Keep in mind that the cherry tokens that show up on Amazon are made of a iron-based metal and affected by magnets. Most machines will reject them due to a magnet in the coin acceptance mechanism. If you did buy those particular tokens you’ll have to remove the magnet.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The key and button to the right of it are for changing odds and resetting the machine!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpc8K4F6KPw

Full reset (sometimes referred to here as the hard reset) it includes changing or setting the odds as part of the procedure..

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Odds setting button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

7. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Blind Shooter SuspicousSodaFountain's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    The key and button to the right of it are for changing odds and resetting the machine!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpc8K4F6KPw

Full reset (sometimes referred to here as the hard reset) it includes changing or setting the odds as part of the procedure..

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Odds setting button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.
    with my machine, it dosent care if you turn the key while its on. although the odds are locked i can acess and change the volume of the game whenever i please (although mine for sure has a slightly powerful processor so yeah). I wanna try and dump the firmware and translate it all for mine.