Thread: Transformer question: 120v to 24v | Namco Collection 89 Ver

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Transformer question: 120v to 24v | Namco Collection 89 Ver

Hi all- very new hobbyist here, I purchased a Namco Collection 89 Ver and I believe it's still on a Japanese plug. I purchased a 120v to 100v step-down converter (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J1ANSY) on Amazon for another machine which worked well, but obviously I can't use that on this machine. I've looked a bit into 120 > 24 v conversion and it seems like it's all going to involve some electrical knowledge/soldering. Is this correct - or am I missing a possible step down converter for a 24v machine?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Transformer question: 120v to 24v | Namco Collection 89 Ver

Thank goodness you took the time to look and ask a question. Too many times we hear of people who just plug a 24v machine into the US outlet, then blow it up.

You machine might have come with a transformer, depending on where you got it from. However. The esist way is to just follow the plug on the machien and see where it connects to. If it goes though some connectors to a transformer fitted the bottom of the machine before thick cables connect it straight to the machine your probably good to go. If in any doubt. Please just post some pictures of the power cord and where it connects to the machine. Just to be on the safe side.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you buy it from a vendor or yahoo auctions?

All decent vendors sell the correct transformer. Some even hard wire the transformer to prevent mistakes in the first place.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Please just post some pictures of the power cord and where it connects to the machine. Just to be on the safe side.
    Hey thanks for responding! I don't think there is a transformer, I just flipped it over and I can't see anything other than wire straight to the main board. Screenshot_20230919_191247_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230919_191132_Gallery.jpg 20230919_190658.jpg20230919_190658.jpg

QUOTE=lotsoballs;639037]Did you buy it from a vendor or yahoo auctions?

All decent vendors sell the correct transformer. Some even hard wire the transformer to prevent mistakes in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I bought it from Pachislomarket, the price was initially nice but now I'm realizing I'll put a few hundred into the machines I bought to get them in the same condition as a seller offering a turnkey American voltage machine.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to yendi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yendi View Post
    Hey thanks for responding! I don't think there is a transformer, I just flipped it over and I can't see anything other than wire straight to the main board. Screenshot_20230919_191247_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230919_191132_Gallery.jpg 20230919_190658.jpg20230919_190658.jpg

QUOTE=lotsoballs;639037]Did you buy it from a vendor or yahoo auctions?

All decent vendors sell the correct transformer. Some even hard wire the transformer to prevent mistakes in the first place.
    I bought it from Pachislomarket, the price was initially nice but now I'm realizing I'll put a few hundred into the machines I bought to get them in the same condition as a seller offering a turnkey American voltage machine. [/QUOTE]

Not a big deal the transformers cost $60 for a 8amp from JT Comatz. Maybe domestic vendors might sell you one too. You can buy transformers off yahoo auctions as well. A good vendor would upsell you on the necessary transformer at purchase; or better yet include it in the price!

Yeah, good thing you did not plug in because definitely no hard wired transformer in your pictures also the obvious 24v warning sticker!

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Not a big deal the transformers cost $60 for a 8amp from JT Comatz.
    Oh man - I just found this and it looks exactly like what I was hoping for, awesome recommendation!!: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...7e26893cjpjDrs - the first photos show the wires, but then another photo shows the 24v plug to the 110v plug. Any experience buying from JT Comatz to confirm if the transformer is "ready to go" - that is, the middle photos where I can just plug the 24v into it rather than open, solder, etc?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yendi View Post
    Oh man - I just found this and it looks exactly like what I was hoping for, awesome recommendation!!: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...7e26893cjpjDrs - the first photos show the wires, but then another photo shows the 24v plug to the 110v plug. Any experience buying from JT Comatz to confirm if the transformer is "ready to go" - that is, the middle photos where I can just plug the 24v into it rather than open, solder, etc?
    Yep I’ve bought over a dozen machines from them so have some experience; they make it fool-proof, almost… some have still managed to fry them forgetting to plug into the transformer. 🪦

There’s a standard 2 prong plug you plug into the wall labeled 110v and an outlet labeled 24v to plug the machine into. They pre-wired it so it’s ready to plug and play.

I’d be sure to message them you are in the US to make sure don’t get one for a different country.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Aki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Yep I’ve bought over a dozen machines from them so have some experience; they make it fool-proof, almost… some have still managed to fry them forgetting to plug into the transformer.

There’s a standard 2 prong plug you plug into the wall labeled 110v and an outlet labeled 24v to plug the machine into. They pre-wired it so it’s ready to plug and play.

I’d be sure to message them you are in the US to make sure don’t get one for a different country.
    You are the man!! Thank you - I am working with them right now, thanks again for the awesome lead!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to yendi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a quick work of warning for us on the other side of the ocean. These transformers are not suitable for a 230/240 ac main supply. Fine for the USA
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Just a quick work of warning for us on the other side of the ocean. These transformers are not suitable for a 230/240 ac main supply. Fine for the USA
    They do sell the correct ones for the UK too! Just need to specify.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Aki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a reference for you: Whenever our company (JT) ships, we always provide videos.

How to reset :
    https://youtube.com/shorts/nrYeRuK85f8

How to adjust the volume :
    https://youtube.com/shorts/En3_zJZrHPw?feature=share

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a Toroidal Transformer in professional case bran new 120vac input , output total 24vac 25amps on ebay for $62.85 Free shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134248853925

This was for up to 16 Closed Circuit Cameras before the Ring camera made it obsolete .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toro...d_transformers
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh and . . . . .

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use this one on my modern pachinko

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15567677002...Cclp%3A4429486

22. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57