Thread: Symptoms of an inoperative LCD

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Symptoms of an inoperative LCD

Have a 2003-2004 Nishijin non-CR modern and the LCD will at first power up mostly white with gray vertical rasters that move left then the whole screen goes full white. When I got the machine at first the screen was completely dead, so I bought are replacement one from AliExpress which due to the price I suspect it was a refurb. This is the screen currently installed and I think it may be faulty.

The motherboard traces and the video card traces all ring out, the capacitors are not leaking or showing signs of failure, and all the cables ring out also. I'm a bit perplexed as to how to continue troubleshooting. All the lights work, it pays out and even goes into fever mode correctly, the sound works perfectly. The only thing is the center display doesnt show the feature graphics.

What are the symptoms of a failed TFT LCD? What conditions make the screen go all-white?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Symptoms of an inoperative LCD

can you provide any images of the machine?
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Symptoms of an inoperative LCD

Sure. It's a Nishijin pre-CR "Full House" theme. Here's the front, the main board, the video board, and the CRT model IMG_4977 (002).jpgIMG_5212.jpgIMG_5215.jpgIMG_4982 (002).jpg

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to SumoStoo