Thread: New Sammy Bakumogi Fruit King Owner - Looking for Information

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Sammy Bakumogi Fruit King Owner - Looking for Information

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the great site! It looks like there are a lot of very helpful people with lots of good information here!

I recently bought a Sammy Fruit King / FireWing machine, and am trying to learn more about it. Most importantly, I have no idea how to play one of these. I know you turn the knob, and balls bounce around, but that is about it. We do have an old Nishijin machine, but this is not quite the same animal!

The machine does power on and the reels spin for a bit and then the machine seems to go into a waiting state. From what I've been able to find in the forums here, it appears I'll need a dongle for it, as the port is empty at this time. How would I determine if the board was modified? I'm wondering about that, as someone added a potentiometer for volume control, and I see a green wire snipped at the back of a connector near where the power switch is. If I drop a ball in the center funnel, the reels spin and lots of sounds are played. There are no lights on the ball loan/return display and the buttons don't seem to do anything. I imagine this is due to no dongle.

There is a transformer mounted at the bottom of the cabinet that is spliced into the power cord. The output cable for this transformer is not plugged into anything. Perhaps it is for a card reader? I did see another user's post with a picture showing a similar setup, but couldn't see where the transformer was connected.

If I put balls in the tray and turn the knob, they will launch, and then drop into the tray on the front, or out of the bottom of the machine at the back. I don't think it is starting a game or anything though. Dongle again, I think.

I did find some posts on this machine that referenced something called the "PachiTalk Research Center", but the links didn't work.

So, in summary:

1) How does one play one of these machines?
    2) Where can I get manuals for it?
    3) Where can I get a key for it?
    4) Are the dongles generic, or will someone like DaveRob need specific information for this machine?
    5) What size pachinko balls? This one didn't come with any, so I've been trying some from our older machine.

Thank you for your time!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to cpf240

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Sammy Bakumogi Fruit King Owner - Looking for Information

Hello again,

Ok, I found the link to make a simple dongle, and I'll give that a go.

Thanks!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to cpf240

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

6. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh . . . .and . . .

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

8. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    That is the one! Will be heading out to the workbench shortly!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to cpf240

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Small update...

I see now that the transformer at the bottom of the cabinet is powering the unit, with another cable tapped into its output. I was confused as it looks like the stub of the power cord with the plug on it is the same as the wire that goes up to the power switch/fuse unit. I measured the output as ~27 VAC. No idea what the extra cable off the output of the transformer was for, perhaps a ball-lifter?

I made the simple dongle, but it has made no difference. The ball loan/return display remains blank. Looking closer at the "payout control board", it appears that one of the opto-isolators has its pins bridged with solder, as described in Dave's writeup. The shooter handle does work, I believe this machine has been modified to bypass the card reader, so the dongle is not needed.

The status lights on the "payout control board" are off, except for the one the translator calls "ball path ball cutting". I presume this means there is a ball stuck somewhere? A tech manual for this machine would be very helpful.

Now I need to understand how these are supposed to play. Is there a player manual?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You might find a play guide online on pworld once you figure out the Japanese name got the machine; they sell guidebooks on yahoo auctions. Neither is needed to figure out how to play. You need 500-1000 balls if don’t already have them or else be refilling constantly.

To play, just aim for the start hole; each ball scored gives a spin of the reels; like a slot machine. There’s a maximum of X number of spins banked (probably 4) when you should stop shooting to conserve balls.

Repeat until you get 3 winners in a row on the reels and start the fever mode.

That model has a sub-roulette functionality/feature for the tulip too. See if you can figure out the riddle of the flashing X’s and 0’s

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    You might find a play guide online on pworld once you figure out the Japanese name got the machine; they sell guidebooks on yahoo auctions. Neither is needed to figure out how to play.
    Thank you for the pworld tip. After much google translate stuff, I was able to find this machine in their database. Still need to find the guides though. I'll keep looking!