Thread: NET Rio 2 Premium Cruising RAM EE Error and Coin Mech CE Error. I Need Help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angry NET Rio 2 Premium Cruising RAM EE Error and Coin Mech CE Error. I Need Help

My NET Rio 2 Cruising Premium pachislo keeps giving me error after error. These errors have been constant ever since I purchased the machine secondhand.

First off, the RAM gives me a Trouble error every time I start up the machine. So to fix this, I need to shut the machine Off, turn the Reset key to On, turn the machine back On, push the Bet lever once, turn the Reset key back to Off, then turn the machine back Off and On again just so it stops making the Trouble error noise. Every time.

I purchased the machine used, and the previous owner put a token into the slot’s coin mechanism that was slightly too big. This caused a C5 error after inserting about 40 tokens into the slot…every time. It disrupted my gameplay on the machine frequently. I didn’t know how to disassemble and reassemble the coin mechanism in the slot, so with a piece of paper, I jiggled the token up and down the coin mech’s pathway (where it was stuck), until it somehow fell out of the bottom of the coin mech, down the ramp. I analyzed the token after it fell out…somehow…and the token was rusted in some spots.

I’m not sure what this stuck token removal process did to the coin mech, because soon after some more gameplay that went normally, a CE error popped up. Apparently, this CE error has something to do with the coin mech. Perhaps it got damaged as I tried to get the big rusted token out? I didn’t notice or hear much damage to the mech as I got the token dislodged. But then, why would it have worked normally (for like 5 minutes) after I got that big token out of there?

I’ve tried resetting the machine (as stated above) and it still reverts to the CE error. I am unable to play the game because of this CE error.

I inserted several coins through the coin slot as the CE error blared away, and while the error was not fixed, the coins did properly complete the circuit and were properly distributed into the coin hopper.

The included Youtube video that I made to show how the errors appear (which can be found here: https://youtu.be/wKiAhvd0GLA?si=tI5OJtQ4bwE-zha6 ) shows what the coin mech looks like. I do not know how to disassemble it.

How do I permanently fix the annoying RAM error with my machine, and how do I permanently fix this CE error? Looking for help before I end up scrapping the machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: NET Rio 2 Premium Cruising RAM EE Error and Coin Mech CE Error. I Need Help

Welcome
    A lot of my machines need a reset when first powered on..remember these were plugged in and on 24/7 in a parlor
    I keep mine on a power strip which I use to turn the machine on and off

the hopper slide out and may a cable to disconnect.
    the top of the hopper easily comes off with a few screws.. get in there and clean the hopper and coin wheel with toothpicks

compressed air where the coins come out and check for grime
    make sure replacing the hopper it was s seated properly in its tracks and no coins behind
    check the plug(if it has one some hoppers have back pins) make sure it’s plugged in proper

I’d also examine your tokens.. some may be are magnetic and or not pachislo tokens

nice machine l.. if you can get it to play
    take coins
    spin
    payout
    it’s worth trying to fix
    DON'T FEED THE

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ebb

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: NET Rio 2 Premium Cruising RAM EE Error and Coin Mech CE Error. I Need Help

Correct. Don't use tokens that are attracted to magnets. There is a small electro magnet in the coin mech that will stop tokens. Although this should switch off when the machine is in error.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

ebb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It turned out to be the coin hopper for the CE error. I slid it out, emptied it, slid it back in, and now it works properly.

I scanned all my tokens with a magnet. None of them are magnetic.

After a few rounds of playtime, another C5 error popped up. These errors still seem to keep popping up, particularly when I’m going into the Bonus.

Here is a video of what the C5 error looks like:

The C5 error pops up almost immediately after inserting tokens into the coin slot. The second-to-last time the C5 error triggered, I was inserting a bunch of tokens into the slot quickly, at once. This time, it popped up as I was inserting one token into the slot at a time (slowly).

Any fixes for this error?

Also, is there anything I can buy for my pachislo (or anything I can tweak inside of the pachislo) to stop the RAM error from occurring?

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to BSpecks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It turned out to be the coin hopper for the CE error. I slid it out, emptied it, slid it back in, and now it works properly.

I scanned all my tokens with a magnet. None of them are magnetic.

After a few rounds of playtime, another C5 error popped up. These errors still seem to keep popping up, particularly when I’m going into the Bonus.

Here is a video of what the C5 error looks like: https://youtu.be/-SloTrNzW9U?si=PbOO1yqYHWHpaumV

The C5 error pops up almost immediately after inserting tokens into the coin slot. The second-to-last time the C5 error triggered, I was inserting a bunch of tokens into the slot quickly, at once. This time, it popped up as I was inserting one token into the slot at a time (slowly).

I thiiiiink the error goes away after 24 hours of the pachislo being shut off. But that also triggers the RAM error. In other words, I need to reset the machine after having it turned off for an extended period of time, meaning that I do not get to enjoy my Bonus round on the pachislo, and the machine is reset to normal gameplay afterwards.

Any fixes for this C5 error?

Also, is there anything I can buy for my pachislo (or anything I can tweak inside of the pachislo) to stop the RAM error from occurring?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The RAM error is generally fixable by replacing the battery. I do not know if this applies to your model, but often there is a battery on the main board that eventually will wear out. Another option is a capacitor that holds the charge that keeps the RAM powered. Usually that's designed to hold for about 2 weeks. 24 Hours might still be within spec given that the machine is designed to be turned off overnight and back on the next morning, but it's not right.

Either way, check for a button style battery first as those are easy to replace.

As far as the error goes, I don't know what it could be. It's coin related obviously. But I do not know if it's coins falling into the hopper and triggering a 'jam' because it rattles the sensor that detects a coin jam on the output of the hopper into thinking there's a jam, or if it's the overflow sensor that detects if the overflow bucket is full (the two metal prongs on the right side in the back of the machien), or if it's part of the sensor that detects whether or not a coin is the correct size (dirt in the coin patch or a minor obstacle) or magnetic, I do not know from over here.

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Atoombolle

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also could be a sign of a sensor being dirty or failing. Or token traveling to slow through the mech, Its a tad hard to pin point it exactly
    Ian #UKPachinko

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I’m gonna go ahead and close the thread in a few days, even though the C5 error is still popping up. Not sure how to repair it still.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to all for your help here.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to BSpecks