Thread: Reverting coinless operation for Sengoku Otome 3

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Reverting coinless operation for Sengoku Otome 3

I bought a Sengoku Otome 3, and the coinless operation was an extra paid for option that I declined (same with volume control). Now that the machine arrived it is coinless and has volume controls.

Thankfully it came with instructions on how to install the coinless mod so I could mostly undo it easily. Except for connector 4, and I do not know where it should connect to once disconnected from the mod. I can't find the connector on the boards and the pictures do not show connector 4.

So the instructions mention the bottom of the coin outlet, but that contraption is nothing but plastic inside the door and connector 5 is for the hopper. There has to be a small connector somewhere but I can't find it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Reverting coinless operation for Sengoku Otome 3

Also, the volume controls are quiet... If I set them to max volume the error messages are really loud, but the game audio is still quieter than any machine I've ever seen even at max volume. There's likely a setting for that somewhere but haven't found that one yet either. With the door open and the settings key inserted and On, I can't access the settings menu if there is one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was able to verify that connector 4 (the female end) leads to the payout button. Just not sure where on the PCB (and which PCB) it is supposed to go to.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got another translation for the line about connector 4: "External bet button from the lower plate to the coin outlet and connect it to the connector."

That makes a little more sense as the payout button (which is the "Bet 50 coins" button when the coinless mod is installed) does exit the plate with the buttons right next to the coin slot. However it doesn't tell me where it used to connect to. I did take off the coin rejection mechanism as well as the coin acceptance part and the chute for coins going from the hopper to the tray, but nothing there but some sensors that are already hooked up. My next step is probably to take things further apart and see if I can get to the plate that has all the buttons on it to see if there is something near the coin slot. Not sure what all I'll have to take apart, but there's only one way to find out...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I took the door off the frame, took the bar of buttons off and took it apart (cleaned the gunk out of the Max Bet button and from underneath the silver panel in the middle as well), but could not find any unused connectors. I put everything back together (I did break a wire guide tab in the process) and tested that everything (except the payout button) still works. I'm still at a loss as to where the Payout button is supposed to connect to...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

maybe the sensor on the payout hopper?
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The only connector on the hopper goes to a connector on the power supply and that seems solid. No tiny 2-pin connector there. I couldn't find any inside or on the top half of the machine either.

I removed the mod completely and have the connector from the payout button separate in this photo. It's interesting that the wires are thicker than the rest of the wires coming out of the button panel. It's long enough that connecting it inside the button panel seems unlikely, but it's not long enough to go past the hinge into the main machine either.

Length wise I think it should connect somewhere on the far right or below the boards, but there is nothing there.

Still searching...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Atoombolle

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still unable to find the solution, I took the front panel off again, followed by the button panel and found the reason why the wires are slightly thicker than the rest: The cable itself is part of the coinless mod assembly. The actual cable that should hook up to the button was hidden underneath the button. Putting it back in place and reassembling everything now has the button working as it should. However, it's not the pay out button, but it's the "bet one" button. So now instead of pressing "Max Bet" I can also press the other button three times. Not a whole lot of help ultimately but I'm glad I solved the mystery of where the wire was supposed to go.

It appears that this machine does not have a payout button (I didn't know that was a thing, but I discovered that my Neo Magic Pulsar also doesn't have a payout button so it's not unique).

Problem resolved. Thanks for looking everyone.

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Atoombolle

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Closing thread.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."