Thread: Do modern pachinko cabinets allow you to modify them to switch game software

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Do modern pachinko cabinets allow you to modify them to switch game software

So I want to get more pachinko software but my Gundam cabinet is already taking up so much space and a virtual pinball table will be arriving at my home soon along with my own monster bash pinball machine and MAME Arcade stand already taking up space and I also have pre=ordered a billiards table, an arcade hoops stand, a skeeball alley, a throw a ball knock down a clown auto reset stand, a whack a mole game, and darts machinessoon to be placed in the same room as my pachinko cabinet. So space will already be tight and with more new subjects I'm trying out, possible future hobby equipment might take up even more space.(for Christ's sake I'm already dabbling with flight and racing simulations and rodeo as well as Dance Dance Revolution and general dancing to put into perspective of possible new space takers later this year). The rest of my house is already filled with tools from other hobbies I done in the past like airsoft MilSim and skateboarding.

So for the upcoming future I probably will only have enough space for the Gundam pachinko maybe another machine if I buy the smaller cabinets that can fit ontop a table stand that are the size of a karaaoke box. However playing around with my MAME arcade machine and getting slowly dragged into arcade machine repair and manufacturing, I learned that arcade cabinets in the past actually do allow you to open up the machine to change the game software currently being used. Provided its compatible with the main arcde motherboard's operating system and the actual stand's hardware has the controls to play the specific kind of software, you can practically put in any new game after removing the default one your cabinet came in. The options are so plenty a ton, and only the operating system itself and hardware controls limits you from having unlimited choices. So for the CPSII system fo Capcom, I can put in Super Street Fighter 2 then chang it to Darkstalkers and whatever other games are run by that system and are controlled by stick and cabinet buttons.

So I wonder if the same can be done with modern video-based pachinko software and cabinets? Can I remove the default Gundam game from my machine and replace it with a Evangelion one and later with Enter the Dragon then to Rocky and eventually back to the original Gundam one when I'm in the mood to play it again? So if this is possible, would this mean in theory I can basically use any modern video pachinko title in my machine if I know the nuts and bolts of pachinko repair, manufacturing, and modification?

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Do modern pachinko cabinets allow you to modify them to switch game software

The closest to that is swapping cells.. The cells have to be used in specific frames.. Like you can't swap a Jurassic Park and a Star Wars, But you can swap a Star Wars with an Indiana Jones!!

The biggest problem would be finding the separate cells, I have no clue the availability of cells these days.. Hopefully someone that does will be along that knows more!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

3. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Do modern pachinko cabinets allow you to modify them to switch game software

O.K.

Do your Room/Home right :

Commercial Popcorn Machine, Commercial Slushy Machine , Commercial Hot Dog/ Polish sausage Stand ,Commercial Pizza Oven with all the pizza making stations, 7.0 Surround sound system , 80" 8K Organic L.C.D. T.V. / Monitor , Pinball Tournament Camera/ Light rigg for real time online sharing .

Hey, Go big or go home right ?

That's all I have for now . and biscuits
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 08-27-2023 at 03:41 AM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

5. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No, you can only swap other cell boards made by the same manufacturer for your exact specific frame. No just any cell for any random machine. There’s some exceptions to that rule too, since some frames have different versions of CPU chips that only work for certain games designed to run off that chip version.

So the bigger manufacturers like Sankyo offer the most cell swapping options vs others that might only have a few cells that fit a particular frame.

Example Sankyo Lumina cells that all fit the Lumina frame; I used to have over 10 cells for just my one Lumina. Now just down to the good ones.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice Bisty Marilyn
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

9. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57