Thread: Troubleshooting Gantz Pachinko Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Troubleshooting Gantz Pachinko Machine

Hello All!

I finally was able to get another Pachinko machine for my collection. Its my first one in many years and also my most expensive.

I believe the machine is in a mode that is "awaiting payment" to unlock capabilities to play the full game. I believe the message in the first and second message translates to something like "Contact a staff member for assistance" Can you guys let me know what trick I might need to do in order to bypass this error?

Also any information on identification would be great as I know we have many experts in the forums here. Looking for basic info -- make, model, year. etc. There is a instructional option in the menu to switch to english and it looks like the unit is supposed to have a "pay machine" attached to the immediate left of the unit.

One last thing...I've found out how to adjust the volume once its booted up, but it sounds like a firetruck siren for about a minute upon bootup and I can't seem to adjust that audio level.

Any help is much appreciated. I don't know why it rotated all of my photos sideways. Thanks community.

20230803_164659.jpg

20230803_164834.jpg

20230803_165012.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ka0s_992

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Troubleshooting Gantz Pachinko Machine

I think it might be this unit - https://modernpachinko.com/products/...7c8604b0&_ss=r

http://sp.pachinkoslot.jp/open/machi...hp?t=p&mc=4608

But still looking for more details and answers to my questions above. Thanks!
    Last edited by ka0s_992; 08-03-2023 at 05:23 PM.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is it a CR machine. Listed on the back of the machine and on the playing field in front of the machine name.. Does the shooter work?

Yep. Its a Kyoraku/OK machine. they all have the irritating start up alarm.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On the back it says something like "CR Gantz 3" . The shooter works fine but when i go into the menu it seems i can choose japanese, english, or korean instructions but I do not see any other way to start a game. The dialogue that says "contact a staff member for assistance" does not go away it appears. Here is another photo of the back

20230803_182430.jpg

I have the key and there is what appears to be a removable part near the bottom right. I took that off a few times and booted it up but it didnt make a difference. Hope there's a way to bypass what seems like it being stuck in a specific mode?

Thank you for your reply

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ka0s_992

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did a bunch more digging and discovered a few things:

I found this clip -

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/mEab53AjQuk

Which looks like the same error message on my screen. My hopper is completely empty right now (no balls are in my unit at all right now) so I believe this error may simply mean that "see the attendant" to load more balls in the unit I'm guessing.

I saw a trick to reset the RWM thing and i also found the volume adjustment for the unit -- although adjusting the volume in the back doesn't appear to change the volume level at all. I noticed there seems to be a "in game" volume level too that you can adjust once the unit is on, but I can't figure out how to lower the start-up siren volume.

I found this clip to adjust the volume on my specific unit but it doesn't appear to do anything - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/V6Iqlzs7QNA

Is it normal for the "menu" to only have basically a tutorial ? It appears like at the bottom left there is almost like a "credits" icon and it displays 0. Almost like if you were playing a modern arcade game system and it wants you to insert more money to play more. It feels like the machine is in that specific mode. But from my experience in a parlor the inserting money would simply equate to dropping more balls in the hopper, right?

Thanks for educating me in advance! This is the most modern pachinko machine I have and it seems a lot more complicated.
    Last edited by ka0s_992; 08-03-2023 at 09:51 PM.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to ka0s_992

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The forum likes to randomly rotate photos!!

I think one way some people have dealt with the start up alarm on Kyoraku/OK machines is to find the speaker wires and install some sort of switch or volume control so that you can turn off the speakers during start up then turn them back on after the alarm.. But I think most people just live with it!!

The 3 position volume switches on pachis rarely actually do anything..Sometimes they can make it louder!!

The removable thing on the back was probably the dongle, it makes the shooter knob work on machines outside of a parlor..

It looks like it was made by OK!! (one of Kyoraku's companies) and came out in January 2017..

It's called CRぱちんこGANTZ or Pachinko GANTZ

It looks like there are two versions..Yours is the original CRぱちんこGANTZ3 and then there is CRぱちんこGANTZ-Z9 (CRぱちんこGANTZ EXTRA) that looks the same, but has different odds..

Here's the original website..

https://www.ok777.co.jp/lineup/gantz/#

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes. My Kyoraku AKB48 shows a call attendant if the rear tank is empty. That would have been my next guess. Although also on that machine there is a way to reduce the master volume that reduces the alarm. But it also reduces the game volume to much.
    Ian #UKPachinko

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you both for the replies. Can either of you provide me with some guidance on installing the volume knob or where I can get that part and how to install it?

Also DrunkenClam you mention I can reduce the master volume? I don't care if it reduces the game volume too much. My wife and cat keep freaking out at the siren so It would be nice to hear what the alternative might be for start-up sound without the volume knob. Haha

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, I've never done a volume control.. Hopefully someone more savvy in volume controls will be able to help!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry. haven't had a chance yet. can't get near the machine at the moment
    Ian #UKPachinko