Thread: Looking for Bellco parts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Looking for Bellco parts

Hello,
    I recently got a 2001 Bellco Regal slot machine, Model 2, 7L, but came without a door key, but did come with the reset key. I have been able to open it, reaching through the bottom and unlatching it, then drilled a round hole near the lower latch to access the latch when needed. It works just fine this way, but I have a question: I have been doing some reading about the lock/latch mechanism, and if you have the cabinet key, you can use it by turning it to the left to perform a "soft reset" to reset error codes and such without having to open the cabinet and do a hard reset. My question is, by doing a soft reset, will it also reset the machine after a jackpot? Right now, when we play and get a jackpot, we have to open it up and do a hard reset, which is okay, but we lose our built up credits and scores when we do a hard reset. Would a soft reset after a jackpot retain scores and credits, or would we lose them just like with a hard reset? If doing a soft reset with the key would reset the machine but retain the scores, I would like to try and find a key for it, if it won't, I guess the key is not really beneficial.
    If the key is useful for other than unlocking the door, does anybody know where I might find one? I have talked to 3 local locksmiths, and one of them works on gaming machines a lot, taking the lock all over town, and have also asked someone online whose sells slot locks and keys, and all of them say I'll never find one.
    Personally, I find that hard to believe that ALL the Bellco Regal keys have vanished from existence, I mean the machine is only 22 years old, and eBay looks like they have a lot of Pachislo keys for sale, my problem I that I don't which one might work. There are no numbers on the lock or latch, and the lock is riveted to the latch. So I can't just go get a new lock and key.
    I have numerous pictures of the lock if anyone would care to see it. Anyway, any solutions or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Youk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 2001 Bellco lock

Here are the photos of the lock/latch from thr Bellco described above, thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Youk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for Bellco parts

Personally, I'd just De-pin the lock. Once you De-pin it, any barrel key that fits into the lock will work.

The reason you need to reset your machine after jackpots is because of the switch setting. There are 2 switches, normally on the power supply. One of them requires you to reset the machine after a bonus round and the other clears the the credit meter by paying out what is shown on it.

Both switches set to the OFF position will take care of your problem.

Here is some information on De-pinning a lock.

Image (12).jpg

Image (11).jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you so much, will give it a try! But can you tell me the difference between a soft and hard reset, and which each one accomplishes?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A Soft reset would be used mainly to clear an error code that occurred during playing. A soft reset doesn't clear the credits you have on the credit meter or resets the machine memory. It just clears the error code and you keep playing were you left off, before the error code. Error codes like a jammed token or the hopper was empty, etc.

A Hard reset is used to totally reset the machine. It clears everything and the machine starts out fresh. You can also change the odds for the machine during a Hard Reset.

Changing Odds & Full Reset PACHITALK.png

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you again! Just one more question, do you happen to know if a soft reset will reset the machine after a jackpot and save the credits/scores?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Youk View Post
    Thank you again! Just one more question, do you happen to know if a soft reset will reset the machine after a jackpot and save the credits/scores?
    A soft reset will not work.

If the machine is set for it to have to be reset after a bonus round, only a hard reset works. having to reset a machine after a bonus is mainly for the Parlor. Playing at home, there is really no need to reset it after winning. There are 2 sliding ON/OFF switches, (normally on the power supply), Slide them to the OFF position and then after you win a bonus you can just keep playing, no reset is required and all the credits remain on the credit meter.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you Wayne, I appreciate all your help! By the way, I drilled out the pins on my lock as per the instructions you sent, worked flawlessly, got rid of the internal pins/springs and reinstalled with epoxy, now just have to find a Bellco key to work the lock so I can do soft resets. Any clues for me?

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Youk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Doesn't have to be a Bellco key.

Any barrel key that fits into the groove on the center shaft will work, now that you have all the pins out. A locksmith should have blank barrel keys.

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks again Wayne! Like I said before, this world is new to me, and people like yourself have given me a lot of great info, and I appreciate it! I actually enjoy working on the machine more than playing it! My wife's the one that loves playing it.
    Anyway, my next quest is to find some bulbs and lights for it. I'm missing a reel bulb, which shouldn't be too hard to find, the problem is getting at it, I can remove the entire 3 reel unit, but I can't separate the individual reels to get at the bulbs. My other light that I need is a 10 1/2" long x 1/4" diameter fluorescent light. I've seen some 9" and 12" advertised, but not 10 1/2" with metal caps on the ends instead of prongs. Can you think of a place that might have one?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, I don't know where you would find one.

Might be easier to just abandon the fluorescent lighting and replace it with an LED light strip.

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm... interesting idea, I'll look into it, not sure how the electrical would work, I know the fluorescent runs off a ballast, which I'm sure is probably not compatible with LED, but I'll look into it, thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Youk View Post
    Hmmm... interesting idea, I'll look into it, not sure how the electrical would work, I know the fluorescent runs off a ballast, which I'm sure is probably not compatible with LED, but I'll look into it, thanks!
    I'd remove the ballast and work off the voltage that was feeding it, whatever that may be.

I did one on a machine. The voltage feeding the ballast was 12V, so I used a peel and stick LED light strip from the automotive section at Walmart. Worked really good, it was much brighter.

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, that sounds good, electrical is not my Forte, but I'll try to figure it out. I'm pretty sure where the ballast is, but there's a lot of wires going in and out of it, I may send you a picture to make sure it's the ballast. There's a book circulating online, I think it's called "Everything Pachislo" or similar, is it worth buying?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Honesty, I have no idea.

You can a free general information manual here. https://www.pachislodb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4342