Thread: 3D Part Repository

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 3D Part Repository

I'm starting this thread to provide a place to start posting my library of parts that is getting quite large, and I am starting to get requests for my .STL files from users with their own printers.

I'm a heavy vintage collector with 40+ machines that I use as sources for the part recreation. I only have a couple non-vintage machines with shooter knobs instead of a flipper handle, and none that would be considered "Modern", so this thread will be dedicated to vintage machines for the most part.

Sometimes there are parts that require post printing work, like adding a metal component to the part. I am willing to make parts for people who don't have a 3D printer, or the wherewithal to add the finishing touches. Just PM me for requests for parts that aren't here or to have a part printed and shipped.

My idea is for this thread to be basically a part listing similar to Thingiverse rather than a discussion thread, and the other 3D parts thread is available, but we'll see how things go.

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 3D Part Repository

I'll start with a few parts for one of the most common machine types: the Nishijin Model B

Playfield Bumper

This part is for model Bs both early and late that have the bumper mounted right on the metal rail in a small housing. nishijinplayfieldbumperinplace.jpgOr the later designs that use the same part but mounted a little differently. NishijinBlate_playfieldbumper.jpg

The original is a blue color and they can be missing or crumbling from age

NishijinBlate_playfieldbumper_removed.jpg

The new part is made from TPU which is a flexible filament, and different infill percentages affect how flexible the final part is. To make it firm enough required raising the infill to 40%
    nishijinplayfieldbumperpart.jpg

Material = TPU
    Infill = 40%
    Supports = none
    Printhead Temp = 220
    Build Plate temp = 50
    Build Plate Adhesion = Brim
    Print Speed = 30mm/sec or lower
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SibSr; 06-13-2023 at 10:23 AM.

4. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Low Ball Warning Leaf Switch for Nishijin B model

This part is mounted below the payout supply bin, and lights the warning light when the ball supply falls below the minimum level. It is actuated by a metal arm attached to the low ball ramp that raises when the balls are no longer holding it down.

NishijinlowballswitchA.jpg

The low ball warning switch looks similar to the payoff switch, but is different as the lower side has a large cutout so the metal leaves have more travel room, and then a small notch at the bottom for the wires to come out the side rather than the rear of the housing.

Nishijinlowballswitch3D.jpg

I originally made the part with just the two mounting ears like this example Nishijinlowballswitch.jpg , but recently reworked the file to add the extra bulges and holes for the alternate nail mounting as seen above.

The inside of the housing has slots for the metal leaves to slide into, this can be a problem area if the print quality is not set high enough, or the printer is not accurate enough in this size range. (like my large 3D printer).

Nishijinlowballswitch3Dbottom.jpg

I cut my own metal strips and solder new pigtails on them before sliding them into the slots. Then I put the square plastic piece in to help hold them in place, and then give it a couple drops of super glue to finish.
    Nishijinlowballswitch3Dcomplete.jpg

I could not find a source for the small contacts mounted on the original leaves, so I put a glob of solder in their place as "contacts".

Printer = Ender3 Pro V2
    Material = PLA or PETG
    Infill = default setting
    Supports = Yes (tree)
    Build plate adhesion = Raft
    Print Speed = 50mm/sec
    Print head and bed temps are set per material used.
    Last edited by SibSr; 06-12-2023 at 09:23 AM.

6. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin Model B Track Cover

Located on top of the dual channel track that leads into the payoff dispenser, as a removable part it is often missing from these 45 year old machines. Always something to look for in those eBay photos of the back of the machine, but no longer a major problem now that 3D versions are available. They are available online in the $30 - $40 range, but the most expensive component of my piece is the cost of the spring.. lol.
    I got my springs at Ace hardware in a 2 pack for $4 ($2 a spring? really?) I'm still looking for a bulk purchase source. The plastic cost is less than $1

An original track cover nishijinbtrackcoverinplace.jpg and my part in place nishijinbtrackcoveri3Dnplace.jpg
    the back side with spring NishijinBtrackcover3Dright.jpg

Printer = Ender3 Pro V2
    Material = PLA
    Infill = default setting
    Supports = Yes (tree)
    Print Speed = 50mm/sec
    Print head temp = 200
    Build Plate Temp = 60

8. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin Model B Load Lever - Early and Late

The load lever on the back of the machine responds to the cycling of the shooter lever. The wire on the shooter arm at the rear of the machine moves the load lever and loads the next ball. This part sometimes has the "tail" of the part broken off and thus no balls are loaded when the flipper is operated.

NishijinBearlyloadlever_nospike.jpg This is the early version without the spike for the overflow protection system.

Later versions of the B model added the spike so the overflow protection system can disable shooter operation if balls are allowed to back up into the machine too much.

NishijinBlateloadlever_withspike.jpg

I have created both versions.
    Notice along with the extra spike, the later version is also much wider. Nishijinloadlever2.jpg

Printer = Ender3 Pro V2
    Material = PLA
    Infill = default setting
    Supports = Yes (tree)
    Print Speed = 50mm/sec
    Print head temp = 200
    Build Plate Temp = 60

10. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin Model B spring support roller

The large spring that allows the shooter to launch balls runs across the back of the machine. A small diameter roller to the left center of the machine is mounted with a nail to provide support for the spring.NishijinBshooterspringsupport.jpg

Sometimes they are missing, or only the nail is left after the rubber roller disintegrated from age. While not a critical part, I have made a TPU version. These supports are also present on most other makes of Pachinkos

NishijinBshooter3Dspringsupport.jpg

Material = TPU
    Infill = 40%
    Supports = none
    Print Head temp = 220
    Build Plate temp = 50

SpringSupportBumper.zip
    Last edited by SibSr; 06-13-2023 at 09:12 AM.

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin Model B and C Gap Plate

Early Model Bs were designed so that the entire front of the machine swung open when unlatched. Later Bs had a stationary bottom panel with the lower tray and shooter assemblies mounted on it. There is a gap between the upper and lower parts that could allow an unscrupulous player to insert a thin object through the gap and cause issues. Nishijin's answer to the problem was to install a plastic plate across the back of the machine to prevent this, and was continued with the C Models. I can find no examples in my collection of other manufacturers taking this precaution. If you have the desire to replace a missing or broken one, I have the part for you. This almost maxed out the build plate on the large printer, and had to be printed at a diagonal to fit.

Nishijingapplatextracted.jpg Here is my version installed on a Model C and the original part below it Nishijingapplatemounted.jpg

Printer = Anycubic Chiron
    Material = PLA
    Infill = default setting
    Supports = Yes (tree)
    Print Speed = 50mm/sec
    Print head temp = 200
    Build Plate Temp = 60

Last edited by SibSr; 06-13-2023 at 09:55 AM.

15. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin B Payoff Leaf Switch

This switch is mounted to the right of center with 2 orange wires going to it. The long switch leaf is contacted by a wire attached to the payoff linkage arm. The bottom long leaf is raised to contact the short leaf and complete the circuit.

originalswitchinplace.jpg Here is the original switch in position and is operated by upward movement of the payoff arm.

Here is my switch in place newswitchinplace.jpg.

I add 12" of wire leads to the switch so they reach the connection points. The switch body is just a long rectangular tube with a rear exit for the wires, and midline mounting tabs.
    Nishikinpayoffswitchbottom.jpg Nishikinpayoffswitchtop.jpg

Printer = Ender3 Pro V2
    Material = PLA or PETG
    Infill = default setting
    Supports = Yes (tree)
    Print Speed = 50mm/sec
    Print head and bed temps are set per material used.
    Last edited by SibSr; 07-07-2023 at 10:09 AM.

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin B Electrical Thumbscrews

Also used on A model Nishijin's as well as other manufacturers machines. So far these work on every machine I tried them on.

The electrical connection panel in the upper right hand corner on the back of the machine, is where the lights get powered from. Many times the thumbscrews used to attach wires to the posts are missing. Usually there are three connection points, one positive, one negative, and one switched.

electricalpanel.jpg The white one is one I made, and it's in the positive voltage spot. The orange one has not had the cap glued on yet and is in the negative or "common" voltage spot. The third post on the left is for the parlor attendant light, that only has voltage when the low ball switch is triggered. So you really only need the two upper connections for lights to work.

I print these out in two parts, the cup with a hole in the bottom, and the cap that is glued on later. Electrical Thumbscrews x2 on bed.jpg
    A #4 flat head brass machine screw bought at Ace hardware for .33 each is screwed into the cup, a few drops of superglue are put around the screw, the cap is put on then shaken to spread the glue around.
    thumbscrews.jpg An original on the left, my part in the middle, and then the pre-assembled version.

The file I want to attach is to print a set of two Electrical Thumbscrews x2.jpg
    But the file is apparently to large to post here, so PM me if you are interested. So far I have printed White and Orange, but have seen examples in all the primary colors.

Printer = Ender3 Pro V2
    Material = PLA
    Infill = default setting
    Supports = Yes (tree)
    Print Speed = 50mm/sec
    Print head temp = 200
    Bed temp is 60

19. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin Model B Discharge Funnel

While not a factory part, I decided to attack a problem regarding catching spent balls. You may have seen or acquired one of those small plastic trays that apparently were widely distributed with newly purchased machines as ball catching trays.

plastictraysmall.jpg Unfortunately, while they work on some machines they are really not wide enough or tall enough to keep balls from missing the tray or bouncing out when used on a Nishijin model B.
    So my first part is a rectangular ball funnel to solve that problem. ballatchfunnel.jpg trayandfunnel.jpg
    This copy was printed with PETG but I switched to PLA for the next versions
    Last edited by SibSr; 06-22-2023 at 09:02 AM.

21. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin Model B Catch Bin

I added a floor and turned the funnel into catch bin, and I am posting files for a blank one and the labelled version.

catchbinunbranded.jpgbrandedbininplace.jpg
    The balls were a little loud hitting the plastic, so I created a mat for the bottom catchbinmat.jpg
    Now it looks like this and the notch on the back wall keeps the bin in position.binwithmatinside.jpg

These copies were printed with a "Silk" PLA that uses a slightly higher print head temp

Printer = Ender3 Pro V2
    Material = Silk PLA
    Infill = default setting
    Supports = No
    Build plate adhesion = Brim
    Print Speed = 50mm/sec
    Print head temp = 215
    Bed temp = 60

The mat

Material = TPU
    Infill = 40%
    Supports = none
    Print Head temp = 220
    Build Plate temp = 50
    Last edited by SibSr; 06-22-2023 at 11:43 AM.

23. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin Model B and Model C Load Lever Support Plate

In post #5 I have the Nishijin Model B load lever posted. In this post we have another part of the ball loading assembly.
    The load lever support plate is mounted just below the launch rail right in front of the opening for the shooter arm on both B and C models. It provides the brass support shaft for the load lever to be mounted on.

originalloaderplateinplace.jpg Model B with this plate in place, Model C is identical

My version has the proper slotted hole for height adjustment and I install the brass shaft after cutting the groove for the retaining clip

3Dloaderplaterear.jpg 3Dloaderplatefront.jpg

Installed 3Dloaderplateinplace.jpg

Printer = Ender3 Pro V2
    Material = PETG for more strength a flexibility than PLA
    Infill = default setting
    Supports = No
    Print Speed = 50mm/sec, but slower is better with PETG
    Print head temp = 240
    Bed temp is 80

Nishijin B -C LoaderPlate.zip
    Last edited by SibSr; 07-07-2023 at 01:21 PM.

26. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin Model C Load Lever

While the Model C uses the same support plate for the load lever as the Model B, the lever itself is different due to design changes in the shooter module for the C. Printing with PLA works OK, but is more brittle than PETG, so since this part takes some abuse I usually print it with PETG. The hole in the "tail" of the part is for a screw and nut combination used as a counterweight.

NishijinCload lever2.jpg drawing after being executed on the printer loadleveronraft.jpg

Once the bolt and nut are installed it is ready for use.

loadlevercompleted.jpg NishijinCLoadleverinstalled.jpg

Printer = Ender3 Pro V2
    Material = PLA or PETG
    Infill = default setting
    Supports = Yes (tree)
    Print Speed = 50mm/sec
    Print head temp = 200 for PLA or ~240 for PETG
    Bed temp is 60 for PLA or 80 for PETG
    Last edited by SibSr; 07-07-2023 at 05:49 PM.

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin Model C Shooter Rebound Bumper Pocket

Located on the back of the machine below the shooter arm, it provides a adjustable mount for the rubber bumper that sets the rest position for the shooter arm. The Model B has a slightly different pocket / bumper that is not adjustable, but nailed into position.

Here is the 3D pocket part in position with the 3D printed bumper inside NishijinCshooterarmbumperhousing.jpg
    NishijinCloadleverandshooterbumper.jpgThe range of adjustment is substantial, but not sure when you would need it.

Here is the original and the 3D parts compared
    NishijinModelCshooterreboundbumpercompare.jpg

Printer = Ender3 Pro V2
    Material = Silk PLA
    Infill = default setting
    Supports = Yes (tree)
    Print Speed = 60mm/sec
    Print head temp = 215
    Bed temp = 60

The Bumper

Material = TPU
    Infill = 60%
    Supports = none
    Print Head temp = 220
    Build Plate temp = 50

30. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nishijin Model A or Recycler Dump Tray Cover

This shield that covers the payoff dump tray is frequently missing on Model A's. Of the 4 Model As in my stash, 2 have it and 2 don't. It is held on by a tab on the right that locks into the payoff linkage cover, and a single nail at the other end.

NIshijinAclearcover.jpg In place and fairly clean
    NIshijinAclearcovermissing.jpg Missing in action

While I have not been able to achieve the same level of clarity out of the "Transparent" PETG filament, my part fits well enough to use the original mounting points.

NIshijinAclearcover3Dversion2.jpg NIshijinAclearcover3Dversion.jpg

Printer = Ender3 Pro V2
    Material = PETG for a better "clear" part that PLA can't provide
    Infill = default setting
    Supports = Yes (standard)
    Print Speed = 50mm/sec, but slower is better with PETG
    Print head temp = 240
    Bed temp = 80
    Last edited by SibSr; 07-08-2023 at 08:40 AM.

32. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello SibSr.

I'm in need of the load lever support plate for my model b. Are you still making these? If so, how much?

I wish I would have seen your post earlier because I just purchased a ball loader from eBay this morning. I will buy one from you if it turns out that the one from eBay doesn't fit.

I've attached a pic of my broken piece.

Thank you for your time. Broken Part.jpg

34. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Kbarrow

Thanks
    Thanks Received

100_3868.JPGMad props to SibSr for this scratch built bezel for my New Prince. Outstanding!!

36. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Silverballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

100_2041.JPGCan't say enough about Sibs workmanship. I owe this gentleman big time!

38. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Silverballs