Thread: Need help getting a Pachislo machine to register coins.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need help getting a Pachislo machine to register coins.

Hello. I was given a Pashislot machine, and I would like to get it working for my grandchildren. It was made by 3M’s gaming. It is called Final Juggler. When it was given to me, it had a “CO” error code. There were no keys with the game. I was able to open the door. Since there was no key to reset the game, I opened the main box and modified the key mechanism so I could reset the machine without a key. I managed to reset the machine so that the “CO” error disappeared. Now, the coins drop into the hopper but do not register any credits. The machine only accepts quarters, no tokens. If I can get it working, I want to change it to accept tokens. Also, when I was given the machine, when it was first turned on, it played music but since I reset it, it no longer plays any sound. First, can anyone help me get it to register coins? Thanks in advance for any help.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help getting a Pachislo machine to register coins.

Very strange. Normally if a machine isn't ready to play (and accept tokens). A flap is open on the token mech and the tokens/coins fall out to the front. Unless its been disabled. Are you getting a ready light on the front? or insert credit? Sounds like its still in odds reset mode on the key/modified switch.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for the reply. When the machine is powered on, the "insert medals" light is flashing. Inserted coins drop into the hopper without registering. Can you tell me where to look?IMG_1186.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found out how to reset odds. Did it and still does not accept/register coins

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I live in the Chicago area. Is there anyone here that would be willing to spend some time helping me?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like a fault with the token mech. Which normally have a minimum of 2 sensors in it. But what your describing is that none of them are detecting. As it would throw an error. So either they are all faulty. Or a common supply to them is faulty. First is check all the connections. Disconnect and reseat the leads and sockets. Check for any damaged wires on route. From the coin mech to the main boards. Etc.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_1196.jpgIMG_1197.jpg
    I took the sensor and the coin mechanism apart. Also checked all of the connectors. Cannot find anything wrong. Put everything back to gether and reset the machine. Got a "CO" error again. I can clear the error code but then again the machine does not register any credits when a coin is inserted. I have another thought that I will send in another message as I have more pictures.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_1198.jpgIMG_1199.jpgIMG_1200.jpg I do not have a key for this machine. I open it by getting in from the back of the machine. In the first picture, it shows 2 sensors. Are these actuated by the key? The top one is not activated while the bottom one is activated when the door is closed. I am trying to find a key but the only marking is a "Y" on the cam on the back of the lock mechanism. Any thoughts? Sorry, the pictures are rotated 90 degrees. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The CO error code means (coin overflow).

Looking to the right of the hopper, (in the back of the cabinet), there will be 2 prongs. If the prongs touch or something is connecting them, it closes the connection and gives a CO error.

There would have been a container with openings for the two prongs to protrude into the container and as coins would overflow from the hopper into the container, filling it up. The coins would contact the prongs, thus closing the connection and cause a CO error code.

If you follow the wires from the prongs, they go to the power supply. You can just unplug it and will no longer get an error code. It really isn't needed for playing at home.

Whether or not this is anything to do with letting the machine registering coins, I don't know.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There was nothing touching the 2 prongs in the back of the machine but I disconnected the connector anyway. I cleared all the error codes but the machine will not register credits when a coin is deposited. I did notice that there are two sensors on the locking mechanism. I also noticed that when you close the door and turn the key CCW it moves part of the closing mechanism across the sensor. This does not appear to have any effect on the machine. Does anyone have any ideas????

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First thing that comes to mind is the sensor is not working. You can test it by putting a coin in the mechanism and using your finger to stop the coin so it is stopped inside the sensor. The machine will see this as a jammed coin and put the machine in error. If you do not get an error, then the sensor is not working.

The sensor on the locking mechanism that is activated by turning the key CCW, is for doing a Soft Reset of the machine. Such as if you get a coin jam and the machine goes into error, after clearing the jam you just need to turn the key to the left to clear the error code. This keeps all the credits on the machine, unlike doing a hard reset that clears everything.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the input. I put a coin in the machine and stopped it so it is in the sensor as shown. Nothing shows up as an error code - see first photo. This machine is setup for quarters. Any idea as to where I can purchase a new mechanism that accepts tokens? Also, the next photo shows the control box. Are the two switches shown on the bottom in the correct position and do you know what they are for? Lastly, I took a picture of the control boards showing the led's in the back. Some are red, green, and yellow. Do you know if they are showing any problems?IMG_1202.jpgIMG_1203.jpgIMG_1204.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_1202.jpgIMG_1203.jpgIMG_1204.jpg Put a coin in the mechanism and nothing registers. This machine is setup to take quarters. I would like to change it to take tokens. Any idea where I can pickup a new mechanism. Also, the second photo shows the main power supply. Do you know what the two bottom switches are for and are they set properly? Lastly, the third photo is of the control board showing red, green and yellow led's. Do these appear to be Ok.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Token or coin will not matter to the sensor. Only your local law enforcement. If your handy with a soldering iron. You could replace the sensor and see if that does the trick.

Never had a juggler. So don't know about LEDs.
    Ian #UKPachinko

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam