Thread: Strategy for Kyoraku modern Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Strategy for Kyoraku modern Pachinko

I came across a great deal for my first modern pachinko machine and with a little help from Clover Collectibles in Anderson, SC, I have it up and running.

Now I am looking for some guidance/strategy on how the Kyoraku pachinko machines are played. We have the Kyoraku Kinnikuman machine made around 2014. We have figured out the lower center "IN" gate activates the spinning numbers on the screen. We are not sure when the "GO" gates on the lower right and upper left come into play. Occasionally, the game will tell us to aim for the upper left "GO" gate. There are also pay pockets (3 on the lower left and one on the lower right) with what appears to be a logo "WR ow WK?" that are extremely hard to hit. We also assume the player is supposed to press the "!!" button when it shows up on the screen during the fight sequences.

Is there a specific sequence that is supposed to occur that determines when to "aim" for each gate or pay pocket?

There also appears to be a paypocket below the "IN" gate that opens after a certain sequence has been achieved. Same thing for the lower right "GO" gate. Any idea what that sequence is?

What do the lights halfway down on the right side indicate? There are three round lights above the lower right "GO" gate and four triangle lights above the round lights that occasionally illuminate as if to indicate some kind of progress. What do the round and triangle lights indicate?

My sons are trying to decode the game, but I thought you might be able to save them some time.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to jmbrando

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Strategy for Kyoraku modern Pachinko

That looks like it should be a fun game for you.
    The following page has a breakdown of the rules in Japanese. I find I can usually puzzle out these instructions using Google Translate.
    https://www.p-world.co.jp/machine/database/7374

I got my first game from Clover as well.
    That was way back in December.
    am up to 4 modern pachinko, 2 pachislos, and a vintage pachinko as well now.
    has been a lot of fun meeting other people in the hobby and learning the difference between the games

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to UncleToyBox

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Heck I look for the fun and replay factor with Any Machines that I own(ed) since 1977
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by UncleToyBox View Post
    That looks like it should be a fun game for you.
    The following page has a breakdown of the rules in Japanese. I find I can usually puzzle out these instructions using Google Translate.
    https://www.p-world.co.jp/machine/database/7374

I got my first game from Clover as well.
    That was way back in December.
    am up to 4 modern pachinko, 2 pachislos, and a vintage pachinko as well now.
    has been a lot of fun meeting other people in the hobby and learning the difference between the games
    Thanks for the link. I'm not sure if I am any less confused after reading the woefully Google Translation. It seems like you aim for the center pocket during normal play and when the spinning numbers match, it activates a sequence of events (fever?) where you should then target the other pockets and gates.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You've just given a pretty good breakdown of how most modern pachinko play.

The bulk of the game is spent trying to hit the center target below the screen to start the number randomizer.
    Occasionally, you will get prompts to push a button as a form of push that builds excitement. I'm not sure how much difference these interactions actually make but they certainly raise the excitement level of the game.
    When you match three of a kind, you'll hit some variation of a fever mode, where you want to aim for the right side of the playfield. During this mode, you'll see easy to hit targets with larger payouts and the game will typically go bonkers.
    This is a broad description that applies to pretty much every pachinko I've played that was made in this century.

When you learn these broad rules and play a few different games, you'll see how the strategy guides like I shared come into play. They give tips about what to watch for and timing of different modes you can enter.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to UncleToyBox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The only other real “strategy” for digipachi that has not been mentioned is banked spins.

Every digipachi has a maximum number of banked spins, indicated on the screen usually, normally it’s around 4 spins but could be up to 10 spins depending on the machine. Once you have maxed out the number of banked spins, in a parlor you stop shooting balls; as any more balls shot over the max is just wasting balls (money!) with no potential for more spins. It doesn’t matter as much at home, where it’s “free play” but it’s good practice if you ever do go to a real parlor in Japan or Wilmington NC Unless you want to line the pockets of the parlor owner…

Also, there’s more shooting strategy for hanemono or kenrimono type which they still make. Something to keep in mind if you ever want a more skill based vs luck (digipachi) pachinko!

A skill based hanemono example is Tokio Deluxe:

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs