Thread: Hello from Southern Ontario and sometimes Michigan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hello from Southern Ontario and sometimes Michigan

Hey folks,

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and figured I might as well introduce myself.
    Was born and raised in Michigan, which is where most of my family still is, so I spend a lot of my time in Great Lakes State.
    Have been living in Ontario since the mid-90s and work tech support in a call center (sometimes with on site visits for big customers).

Over the years, I've picked up too many hobbies to count. My wife says I'm a hobby tourist that just enjoys checking out different things. My longest running hobbies have been pinball, photography, RPGs, board games, paintball, and record collecting, all of which I still do. I've also raced in autocross, built 3d printers, flown drones, produced public access TV, streamed on Twitch, dressed up for cosplay, written anime reviews, written a music column, medieval recreation in SCA, obstacle course runs, and probably a few more that I can't think of at the moment.

In the back of my mind, I've held on to an experience at a friends house where they had a pachinko mounted to their wall. For whatever reason, they'd lost all but five balls, so I sat there for hours while everyone else was watching the Super Bowl, I was launching balls around the track and watching them drop through the pins. This would have been around 81 or so and I can still picture the path the balls would take on their way down. Since then, pachinko has only been something I've wanted to play again some day.

About three months ago, I stumbled onto an old 70s pachinko for sale on Kijiji (it's the Canadian version of Craigslist). The game sold before I could get it but it fanned the flames of that ember that's been glowing since 81. I've learned how pachinko have changed and been wanting to get one to play with. As much as I love my tech support job, it doesn't pay well enough for me to justify spending a grand on a single toy. Thankfully, I found this forum and found out Clover also deals in MTG cards. We worked out a deal for the collection I've built up over the years and I'll be making the 14 hour drive down this weekend to get my first game.

I know it's a bit late to apologize now, but I realize I'm long winded and type too many words. I'm the same way when talking about something I enjoy but will pause to check in with people to make sure I'm not putting them to sleep. Here's a video where I spend three and a half hours talking about Brazilian pinball machines without a break.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to UncleToyBox

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hello from Southern Ontario and sometimes Michigan

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Black Knight is my favorite pin! Very cool to see a different version of the classic!

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS