Thread: Yamasa BioHazard Pachislot, strange coin/hopper errors

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Yamasa BioHazard Pachislot, strange coin/hopper errors

This is going to be a long one to explain, but hopefully someone can help.

When I imported this from Japan, it came with several modifications done for home use, etc including the power supply and wiring the hopper to a circuit board that appears to control credits. Also, when I got the machine, there was a slightly bent Pachislo token wedged into the coin acceptor slot, and not sure if that has something to do with all this.

After getting through some original E4 errors that seemed to just be related to settings that needed to be reset, I finally got the machine up and working. At this point, I removed the pachislo token from the machine, not knowing if it was related or not.

I put in some credits using one of the switches on the hopper circuit board and started playing a few rounds, and everything worked fine. At one point, I tried to add more credits with that same board, and it appeared to throw the machine over the coin limit and it bugged out, showing an E0 error on the display, then after one or 2 more spins, it crashed and showed an error screen.

At some point during this, the hopper also started spinning, which is wasn't doing when I was originally getting this up and running, and may be related.

At this point, I can manage to get back into the game through some weird procedures and switch flipping, but after about 2 spins, it just crashes with the same E0 error. It appears that every time I try to turn on the machine, it starts running the hopper as if to "pay out" this excess of credits I accidentally put into the machine, and may be related to the errors, or it might also have something to do with the coin that was wedged in the slot.

Is there any way to reset or clear the excess credits that somehow got put in there? Maybe leaving the machine unplugged for a certain amount of time? Since they seem to persist even after turning off the machine.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I sincerely appreciate any help or pointers.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Yamasa BioHazard Pachislot, strange coin/hopper errors

Quote Originally Posted by MachineAres View Post
    This is going to be a long one to explain, but hopefully someone can help.

When I imported this from Japan, it came with several modifications done for home use, etc including the power supply and wiring the hopper to a circuit board that appears to control credits. Also, when I got the machine, there was a slightly bent Pachislo token wedged into the coin acceptor slot, and not sure if that has something to do with all this.

After getting through some original E4 errors that seemed to just be related to settings that needed to be reset, I finally got the machine up and working. At this point, I removed the pachislo token from the machine, not knowing if it was related or not.

I put in some credits using one of the switches on the hopper circuit board and started playing a few rounds, and everything worked fine. At one point, I tried to add more credits with that same board, and it appeared to throw the machine over the coin limit and it bugged out, showing an E0 error on the display, then after one or 2 more spins, it crashed and showed an error screen.

At some point during this, the hopper also started spinning, which is wasn't doing when I was originally getting this up and running, and may be related.

At this point, I can manage to get back into the game through some weird procedures and switch flipping, but after about 2 spins, it just crashes with the same E0 error. It appears that every time I try to turn on the machine, it starts running the hopper as if to "pay out" this excess of credits I accidentally put into the machine, and may be related to the errors, or it might also have something to do with the coin that was wedged in the slot.

Is there any way to reset or clear the excess credits that somehow got put in there? Maybe leaving the machine unplugged for a certain amount of time? Since they seem to persist even after turning off the machine.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I sincerely appreciate any help or pointers.

Thanks
    Hey everyone, I did end up figuring this out. The circuit board that was installed to fake credits in the machine without putting tokens in has several control switches, and in a few pages of Japanese documentation for that circuit board that was shipped with the machine, I was able to find a switch combination that would reset the in-machine credit amount and I can finally play the game as intended, for the most part.

The switch adds 50 credits at a time, and whenever the counter goes over about 350, the machine crashes with that Hopper Error, so I just need to keep the credit amount below that and it plays just fine. If anyone knows how to get around that weird credit limit crash, let me know, otherwise, I've found a way to play it and have fun as is for now!

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MachineAres

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yay!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Didn't think you could get an credit over 50
    Ian #UKPachinko