Thread: Before and after of a 1974 Daiichi machine rebuild

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Before and after of a 1974 Daiichi machine rebuild

This was a machine I basically got for free when buying a 40 year old, still new in import box, Nishijin Model A about two months ago. I had a few things to fix on the Daiichi, including two problems I posted about here, but it really required a thorough cleaning, in front and the back, and I polished the front plastic and cleaned the playing field and redid some other things, including adding a 9V battery setup and LED (instead of incandescent) lights. I wasn’t going for a 100% perfect rebuild, I really wanted to get it playable and presentable again and I think I was pretty successful in my first attempt at working on a pachinko machine.

Before (L) and After (R) - sorry the lighting was a little different. Close up below.

Note, the after photo above was taken before I redid the Daiichi letters in red and then sealed it.

I have noticed lots of people getting some super great deals on pachinko machines in their local area. Sadly, that doesn’t seem to be the case in the Cleveland, Ohio area. All the machines for sale locally that “need work” and/or are rusty or have playfield damage seem to be way overpriced, $100 up to $300, or more in many cases. Based upon the local “pachinko economy” I priced this rebuilt Daiichi at $200 at the citywide garage sale last weekend, and it sold without so much as any negotiation.

Now to clean up that Nishijin Model A and an electric/motorized shooting (sorry not sure of all the proper pachinko terms yet) early 1980’s Nishijin that had many electrical/wiring problems that I already fixed. Both of them need cleaned and detailed and I’m keeping both. I just need to build a platform/base to house them both back to back. Here are all three machines together.

I might keep an eye out for another machine to rebuild in the future, but for now I need to work on my own setup!

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to SixbyFire