Thread: Help needed with Daiichi machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help needed with Daiichi machine

I basically got this machine for free when I bought a second machine that was 40 years old and still in its import box. I have this Daiichi working again, it needed a really good cleaning, but when taking apart one of the pieces, it broke, - pointed out in the photo with the red arrow. I have it glued up again, but what does the rod pointed out with the blue arrow in the photo connect to? I searched some photos online and some show it how it is, others have that rod on the other side of the white protrusion it’s resting up against in the photo.

And what is the function of this catch and rod? Regardless of which side I had the arm on, I can’t figure out what it does.

Also do the Daiichi machines require you to move the shooting lever all the way to maximum tension to “load” a ball before you can shoot it or reduce the tension and then shoot it? In other words, unlike the Nishijin machine I got, ok that you can barely move the shooting lever and it’s loaded and ready, the Daiichi machine doesn’t do that. You have to move the lever full tension first. Is that normal for Daiichi?

Here are some more photos. I got the lights going, replaced them with LEDs, and found a “surface mount” 9V battery holder. Works great.

Sorry if these are basic questions. I did search first but I’m super new into Pachinko and I’m not sure I’m even using the right search terms…

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help needed with Daiichi machine

You have what I think is the coolest center feature the Royal Castle . Your play field looks really good with no water stains .

The Vintage Pachinko machines are fun to tinker with and you don't have to mess with high tech electronics.

You scored a real nice machine and here's a cuppa
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

3. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That rod is basically pushed against the white piece which then should prevent you from being able to load & shoot balls since the payout area is full and cannot receive more balls.

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to judremy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by judremy View Post
    That rod is basically pushed against the white piece which then should prevent you from being able to load & shoot balls since the payout area is full and cannot receive more balls.
    Thanks for the info, that’s exactly what I needed to know! The other issue I fixed myself, the machine needed adjustment with a back rod on the shooting lever, basically the piece that lets the balls advance wasn’t going down all the way, meaning the balls would only load one at a time, but with the rod adjusted those pieces now move out of the way fully. They were probably only 1/8” too high and that stopped the balls from advancing. I’ll close this thread out since both problems are now solved!

Thanks again!

Jeff

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SixbyFire