Thread: Hi, New here.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hi, New here.

Hello, I'm obviously new here. Three years ago I bought myself a "Nana Cafe" by Sankyo for $100 bucks. I'm recently interested in expanding my collection and my knowledge!

I gotta do the complete noobie thing though and ask if anyone knows where I can find information on how to change the burnt out bulbs on my machine?

Frankly I'd love to find a proper manual for it, in English.

Either way looking forward to talking to you all and learning more.

Thanks

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hi, New here.

WELCOME!!!

Sorry I can help with your bulbs, but you might want to post your question in the Model Talk or Pachinko Technical Support Tickets forums so more people see it and post pics if you can!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think Peteybob has Nana cafe. I'm sure he will appear later in the day.
    $100. Seems like a good price.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello shadaw and welcome to the group

Fun machine! Which bulbs are you looking to replace? A picture can help us help you.

I might be able to get you a how-to pictorial from my machine. There are general manuals but nothing specific to this machine other than a small players guide in Japanese. You got a decent price especially if you received a lot of tokens with it. I just ordered 10k of tokens from Japan if you need more

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_20220531_192748.jpgIMG_20220531_192726.jpgIMG_20220531_192702.jpgIMG_20220531_192657.jpgIMG_20220531_192641.jpg

Sorry for the multiple photo inserts. I'm hoping it displays correctly. Been about 10 years since I was on a forum like this.

Anyways I think I want to just replace all of the bulbs at this point. The machine hasn't been serviced properly in 3 years at least, goodness knows how long since someones properly taken care of the bulbs.

Also in the photo where I'm pointing at the reels. Those two bulbs are out when the game is in a special mode those bulbs are never lit making the machine look frankly awful.

The bulbs out on the door are all of the ones on both sides, I just don't know what bulbs to replace those with. I also don't know how to replace the bulbs on the reels. Where I never owned a manual idk the proper procedure for removing the reels let alone what to replace the bulbs with.

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to shadaw

Thanks
    Thanks Received
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The original bulbs for the 5 down each side inside the door and 3 per reel are all 28 volt and 3 watt. Getting to the reel bulbs you need to remove the pins at the top and bottom of each reel. (Don't mix up the positions of the reels being each may have a different sequence of symbols.) There is also a circuit board above the reels needing to be popped up. Release the two metal clips and ribbon cable then gently lift the board. There are three connectors, one per reel. You also have another connector behind the reel that might be harder to re-seat than to pull out. The reel bulbs are tough to get to so you may want to disassemble the reel to get to them.

reel pins.jpgconnected reel board.jpgreel bulbs.jpg

Many of the door lights are powered thru the large wire connector near the bottom of the door. Check this wire set for damage especially if it looks like it may have been caught in the door at some point. I recommend checking these wires and others as a first step. Looks like your lower fluorescent bulb behind the belly glass is out. The ballast that powers this is below the above mentioned large wire set. If you need to access the bulb then look for 5 tabs sticking thru the door behind the frame holding in the glass panel. Simply lift/depress the tabs to work the frame loose to come out and exposing the bulb.

belly glass ballast.jpgbelly glass clips.jpg

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    The original bulbs for the 5 down each side inside the door and 3 per reel are all 28 volt and 3 watt. Getting to the reel bulbs you need to remove the pins at the top and bottom of each reel. (Don't mix up the positions of the reels being each may have a different sequence of symbols.) There is also a circuit board above the reels needing to be popped up. Release the two metal clips and ribbon cable then gently lift the board. There are three connectors, one per reel. You also have another connector behind the reel that might be harder to re-seat than to pull out. The reel bulbs are tough to get to so you may want to disassemble the reel to get to them.

reel pins.jpgconnected reel board.jpgreel bulbs.jpg

Many of the door lights are powered thru the large wire connector near the bottom of the door. Check this wire set for damage especially if it looks like it may have been caught in the door at some point. I recommend checking these wires and others as a first step. Looks like your lower fluorescent bulb behind the belly glass is out. The ballast that powers this is below the above mentioned large wire set. If you need to access the bulb then look for 5 tabs sticking thru the door behind the frame holding in the glass panel. Simply lift/depress the tabs to work the frame loose to come out and exposing the bulb.

belly glass ballast.jpgbelly glass clips.jpg
    Having read what you said and actually implemented the advice. I managed to take the reels apart. Disassembling the wheel is definintely the way to go on this one. Trying to unhook the ribbon cables feels like a recipe for disaster if the wheel is still assembled. I know me I will break something. In ONE post you've given me all of the information I need to repair my machine. I simply can't thank you enough for that. On examination of the actual bulbs in the far right reel all of them are visibly burned out. I can see the broken filament in them. So it's probably not the power supply in the door. Also the door bulb is burning out on the ends. I'm gonna need to replace that. I removed the marquee and its clearly burning out. Still works but I wanna upgrade it to prevent issues in the future. What do I look for as a new bulb for the door?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Pachislo...edirect=mobile

A whole bunch of lights on this eBay page