Thread: Just Picked Up My 2nd Vintage Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Just Picked Up My 2nd Vintage Pachinko

I'm pretty excited, I just purchased my 2nd vintage pachinko this morning, I feel fortunate based on what I've seen for sale in my area, paid $100. It's in full working condition, shoots, pays out, very minor surface corrosion on the door frame, but I think some 4/0 steel wool will clear it right up, a bit dusty, but it's to be expected, no water damage, one light bulb missing, but I plan to convert it to a 9v batter and LED bulbs. The only thing I've done was removed some duct tape residue that was on the clear plastic window above the ball shooter.

I know it's a Sankyo model B made sometime around 1974 (so says the mighty web) but I can't find one on the web to tell me the theme or model. Anybody know anything about this one?

My other is a Nishijin Model A, so I'm going to learn about it by taking it apart and cleaning it. First I need to build some temporary feet so it will stand on it's own until I can make a nicer frame for it. Wish me luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to sparky kilowatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Just Picked Up My 2nd Vintage Pachinko

Very nice for $100

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

4. The following user says "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice machine.. most vintage Pachi don't have names.. Naming Machines did not really come around until consistent themed machines were made.. games like "circuit racer", "power flash", "Montreal Olympics" (the mid to later 70's)

allot of vintage machines were made with the same parts and different cell backs and some even seem to swapped parts between manufactures... finding true identical twins can actually be kinda hard.. but they do exist

hope that helps..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Moparformances. Just gave it a quick wipe down to get some dust off of it, gave the frame a chromed door frame a little attention and it shined right up. The clear plastic window above the ball shooter is hazy / foggy. I'm using Novus #2 on it, but it's barely putting a dent in it. I'm wondering if I could use some 1000 grit wet / dry sandpaper then some Novus? Has anybody tried that on clear plastic lenses?

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to sparky kilowatt

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The "Moving King" Pachinko cause of the Center Feature

You can go and get a new piece of plastic or go and get two pieces of glass for the true Pachinko Parlor experience.
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 05-01-2022 at 10:06 PM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

9. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    The "Moving King" Pachinko cause of the Center Feature

You can go and get a new piece of plastic or go and get two pieces of glass for the true Pachinko Parlor experience.
    Thanks for the info on the machine. The two pieces of glass you're speaking of, is that the plastic for the door? Where do you suggest getting another plastic?

The piece I'm having a hard time polishing out is the one in this picture, it's the window you'd see the flag appear in when the payout is out of balls. I'm going to work on it some more tomorrow, might try a soft polishing attachment on my Dremel with some Novus.
    Sankyo Pachinko (3).jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When it was in the parlor in Japan in the 1970's they had Two pieces of glass so the player couldn't use a magnet to control the steel balls plus the steel balls hitting the glass make a "Pachinko" sound going down the play field . History is Fun

Home Depot or Lowes or a Ace Hardware can cut the glass for the play field .
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 05-02-2022 at 02:51 AM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

12. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also there is a Non Toxic polishing cloth called "Miracle Cloth " that when you use a Clean piece of it it can polish that little plastic window that has that top ball hopper in the back of the machine out of balls flag that blocks the Front ball feed tray from jamming the machine up with balls . You can cut it into shoe lace strips to clean the Brass nails and use a micro fiber cloth to polish the Brass Nails .

You can find them on Amazon.com for a real good price .
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 05-02-2022 at 03:01 AM.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    Also there is a Non Toxic polishing cloth called "Miracle Cloth " that when you use a Clean piece of it it can polish that little plastic window that has that top ball hopper in the back of the machine out of balls flag that blocks the Front ball feed tray from jamming the machine up with balls . You can cut it into shoe lace strips to clean the Brass nails and use a micro fiber cloth to polish the Brass Nails .

You can find them on Amazon.com for a real good price .
    Appreciate the tip, I'm trying to learn more about how the mechanisms work on my first model B, after 45+ years of owning a model A. Noob request, but can you please post a picture of the area on the back that you're referring to so I can be sure to pay some extra attention to it to avoid jams?

I purchased the polishing clothes a few weeks back after restoring my model A, but got sidetracked and haven't tried the cloth on it just yet, but will be sure to do so on my new one.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to sparky kilowatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sparky kilowatt View Post
    Appreciate the tip, I'm trying to learn more about how the mechanisms work on my first model B, after 45+ years of owning a model A.
    dont over think it to much.. model A B or C there all kinda the same and all kida different.. if you got the A figured out you can get the B

take a look at some if the vids on you tube

shameless plug

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...-Model-B-Video
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sparky kilowatt View Post

The piece I'm having a hard time polishing out is the one in this picture, it's the window you'd see the flag appear in when the payout is out of balls. I'm going to work on it some more tomorrow, might try a soft polishing attachment on my Dremel with some Novus.
    Sankyo Pachinko (3).jpg
    does not look to bad to me.. Novus Novus and more Novus

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    dont over think it to much.. model A B or C there all kinda the same and all kida different.. if you got the A figured out you can get the B

take a look at some if the vids on you tube

shameless plug

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...-Model-B-Video
    I've watched that video a few times, including before I went to look at a couple of model B's, very helpful. I was able to determine which one was simply jammed and un-jam it as opposed to the other one that I couldn't get to work at all.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to sparky kilowatt