Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hot out of the garage Side Load Ball Lifter sure looks like it's working

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hot out of the garage Side Load Ball Lifter sure looks like it's working

Great point Daverob! Thanks for the excellent insight - as always

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hot out of the garage Side Load Ball Lifter sure looks like it's working

That and it would once again potentially put your fingers or at least a rag in a dangerous area that you might have to clean once in a while. Something I am trying to avoid.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are a few shots of my almost completed kit and a completed unit. I still need to create documentation.

If you buy the kit you will need to make 2 hopper side pieces (of which I will supply a full size template) and a rectangular base both preferably out of 1/4" Baltic birch. The motor and power supply (with adapter plug) are both readily available online. All the fasteners you need will be included Some small pieces shown here will also be pre drilled as well as their location points. The drive section will be tested with a motor as per my recent video.

Gone is the pinch slot and screw on the output tube block because the fit on 5/8" OD tubing from ACE is close to a perfect fit with the hole provided and can also provide a safety by releasing if the balls get restricted further up the exit tube. Better to have the hose pull out and spill some balls then to jam or damage the loader. Hopefully the tubing material across the board will be accurate enough to proceed with that plan.

I have also turned the rails on their sides to make it easier to produce, secure, and easier to connect the wiring. Installing a small piece of leather or the like on the upper half of the tray will greatly reduce the noise of the balls hitting the aluminum. The leather can be held in by being pinched between two surfaces.

I decided I will also sell the completed unit assembled, however I don't plan on keeping too many motors in stock so there may be a longer wait. 20210917_100729.jpg20210917_105829.jpg20210917_100506.jpg

5. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@rockston, I prototyped the ball contact idea I had and discovered (much so my surprise) that my pachinko balls are very poor conductors - generally speaking, and that no ball-contact-conductivity strategy seemed to be reliable at triggering a motor control circuit (I used a mosfet as the motor driver). I even tried placing the ball on two rails made of clean copper wire (THHN), the resistance was in the high-megohms to infinity for the balls... while placing other metal objects in arms reach provided near zero ohm impedance. Are you doing something to your pachinko balls to help ensure reliable conductivity?

7. The following user says "Thanks" to atlanticom

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by atlanticom View Post
    @rockston, I prototyped the ball contact idea I had and discovered (much so my surprise) that my pachinko balls are very poor conductors - generally speaking, and that no ball-contact-conductivity strategy seemed to be reliable at triggering a motor control circuit (I used a mosfet as the motor driver). I even tried placing the ball on two rails made of clean copper wire (THHN), the resistance was in the high-megohms to infinity for the balls... while placing other metal objects in arms reach provided near zero ohm impedance. Are you doing something to your pachinko balls to help ensure reliable conductivity?
    Nothing special at all and both designs are working 100% with any variety of mixed balls I own.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am going direct without any semiconductors between a .3 amp load and a 1 amp supply.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks awesome! Nice to see a new lifter design.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

13. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2