Thread: reel/stop button isses

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: reel/stop button isses

I am going to give fixing this Stop Board a shot myself. "I aint skared"!

I have started removing the suspect parts that could be bad to have a closer look at them. Is there a way to check each part once I take it off the board to confirm it is bad if in question?
    Hummmm.... It looks like I have found one part that is clearly damaged.

Here is a look at the first damaged part I found. I did not see that until after I removed it from the PC board.
    part_4_suspect.jpg

Here is what I think is the correct replacement part:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/381299661830?hash=item58c73b1c06:g:ZzsAAOSwyQtVguLj

That would be part #4 from the suspected bad parts image above. So at least one of the 4 parts are in fact bad.

I also have removed part #3 the diode (I think its called) and part #2 The big Cap. See image for the numbers on the parts.

part_3_suspect.jpg

part_2_suspect.jpg

So now I just need to be sure I get the proper replacement parts.
    I have the proper tools to work on circuit boards (soldering station, the proper size tip, proper size solder, flux etc etc) what I don't have is knowledge about the components.
    But, I can sure remove them and not damage the traces on the board and I can put them (or new parts) back without any issues.

I think part #1 in that image is a transistor. Is that right? I can remove and replace it as well if need be. I am open to suggestions. Should I replace all 4 parts? I will need to remove part #1
    to get the numbers off of it so I can try and find a replacement part.

So in short I need help making sure I get the right parts. I am sure it is strange that I can do this kind of stuff but have no clue about the parts I am working with.
    My father was a TV repair guy 50 years ago and I learned how to do a lot of things watching him and now I wish I have really paid more attention to what he was teaching me about.
    But as a young kid skateboards and then girls were the in thing back then. LOL

If I can get help locating the right parts I should have no issue installing them.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to troytrain