View Poll Results: What is the oldest machine that you own (or have owned)?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manufactured pre-80's

13 20.97%
  • Manufactured in the 80's

1 1.61%
  • Manufactured in the 90's

23 37.10%
  • Manufactured in the 00's

25 40.32%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Oldest Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Oldest Machine

Well I'm totally confuzzed by this guy's machine.

I think he need to send it to me. I'll figure it all out.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

themulcher

When you drop the coins in you hit the black knob on the left, this starts the wheels spinning. The stop buttons light but dont function. The machine stops on it's own in about 45 sec.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The reels stopping on their own is normal in all pachislos. They do this so someone can't come up and spin the reels and walk away and they spin till they burn out the motor.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a problem with the machine that I bought, it had the middle button not working, I just followed the cables from the buttons back to the top of the machine where they plugged into a PCB, I removed the cable connector, blew it to get the dust out, plugged it back in and hey presto, it worked fine, might be worth doing if you haven't tried it already.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's an older looking one on ebay, broken and no shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Appolon is a Kita Denshi (Kitac) machine from 1992.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

According to a 'history of pachislo' that I read on one of the vedor websites, pachislos came into existence in the mid 60's as mechanical devices. They still had the stop buttons and all, but purely mechanical. Then in the '70's (if I recall correctly) they started with the electrical ones.

I would LOVE to get a mechanical pachislo, but talk about something that's going to be hard to find!

I was a little suprised that my Super Planet T is from the early '90's. I had assumed from the technology, or lack thereof, that it would have been an '80's machine.

I like the look of the Appolon posted above. I have it on watch just in case, but I think I'd get in a LOT of trouble if I bought it. But if it stays that cheap.... I'd really like to attempt to buy only machines older than what I already have which would be pre - 1990. But we'll see how that goes. lol

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You'll see different dates as to when pachislo machines first appeared. It depending on what feature people believe classifies a machine as a pachislo machine. The earliest I've seen is 1964. Machines with stop buttons became common in Japan beginning in 1964 (the year of the Tokyo Olympics).

Here's a link to a page that shows an Olympia Star machine from 1964:
    http://mysticx.fc2web.com/slot_in_jap/sij_2.htm

It's amazing how much the technology has advanced in the last few years. Personally I like the game play of the newer machines better than the older ones.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh I agree, game play is MUCH more interesting on the newer machines. But I've always had a thing for antiques. My house if filled with them. So something about an 'antique' pachislo speaks to me. Game play isn't what I'm after, it's more about history.

And I'd just about die to get one of these. So if anyone sees one....

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd LOVE to have that 1964 Olympia machine sitting in the corner of the game room. Cool!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't laugh to hard, I'm new. I have a machine that appears to be made by Kohshin called Date Line. I have looked everywhere and can not find a pic or any info on it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

only info i can find puts it mid 80s but this is way more primitve than pachi of that era.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a Dancing Tom Tom as my first machine around 1998.

Can't find a pic of it now. Can't remember the manufacture. I did buy it from Stealth though!
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by themulcher
    When you drop the coins in you hit the black knob on the left, this starts the wheels spinning. The stop buttons light but dont function. The machine stops on it's own in about 45 sec.

As Tulsa said 45 sec is normal for a machine with no buttons being pushed is your hopper working ? This problem is usually a blown fuse on the reel stop card .or a defective reel stop card .Check the fuse to see if your getting 24volts at the fuse . Then check the other side of the fuse .or simply take out the fuse and check it with an ohm meter . Simply looking at the fuse can be misleading have had fuses in the past that looked good as gold only to find they blew at the base . if the fuse is blown unplug your hopper your machine can run without the hopper plugged in but will give an error if it has to pay out (most fuse problems are due to hopper jams ) and then replace it . if it blows again its probably a defective card . i had a machine like this one (made by macy) the top section housed a funnel assembly to fill the hopper with tokens with out opening the door .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I dont have an oldest machine as ive only just bought my first. Just a thought though, do you think in years to come that the machines we have now will be sort after vintage pieces on ebay. When im 85 and still playing hopefully in my wheelchair, do you think i will get tempted to sell my 'vintage Sinbad Adventure' for a bundle of cash so i can buy some new incontinence pants??? Talking about those old Mills slots, when i was a youngster in the UK, we had something called pre decimal currency, it was weird, 12 old pence = 1 shilling and there was 20 shillings in a pound, you then had something called a sixpence coin, and these fitted in a lot of Mills machines to be found in what they called 'clubs' as the stake was so high they werent offered to the public. When decimal currency came in, which is 100 new pennies to a pound (and our penny is the same size as our US cousins 1 cent, all these machines were chucked away, scrapped or dumped. These babies are highly prized now and i had a Mills with the escalator jackpot and the MAD character on the reels that somebody gave to me, so maybe our Japanese friends should start hoarding their old Paschilos for the future?? they better not though else we wont get them so cheap now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4