Thread: Nice to meet you

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nice to meet you

Hello I have posted on a lot of other forums in the past, and just recently got into restoring old mechanical arcade games, I got super lucky and found an old Panchinko game and I don't know a lot about it I also got an old shooting gallery type game as well and I look forward to posting here and learning more about this stuff.

I tried to post a picture from my hard drive but it won't let me do you have to post a certain number of times here to be allowed to share images? I'm new here so I don't want to break any rules.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nice to meet you

Welcome to Pachitalk

you might have to make a few post before you can add pics.. the bigest problem can be pic size.. make sure your pics are 2 megs or less
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

5. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

7. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the warm welcomes I am excited to be here

I resized some of the pictures I tried to post in my opening sorry if they are to small.

I plan to work on both of them at some point to get them up and running again, I picked up the Pachinko at a local thrift shop for around 80-90 bucks it was about two years ago or so, and I'm not sure what I got exactly, was it a good find or a bad one, I have no balls asides from a few that are inside the green plastic in the back I am assuming they were used as counter weights, or they just may be stuck in there, and it has no battery or power source to my knowledge, not sure how much of the original I have here.

the shooter I know a little more about it's from 1964 Midway Trophy Gun, you can plug it in and it still lights up but the gears need to be cleaned I don't think the gun works anymore I think its light based? the electrical needs to be fixed, I'm not an electrician but even I know it's a massive fire hazard mice have defiantly eaten up some of the wires. Its stored better now then when I first got it so I am not worried about father damage to it, but I bought it on a whim for 60 bucks from a good friend.

I haven't found to much about other types of mechanical arcade games outside of Pachinko and slots/Japan/China here on this forum so it may be the wrong the place to post it not sure if there is much of an interest for American coin operated machines here, and I hope I am not breaking any rules since its not a Pachinko machine and is coin op but it doesn't pay out you just shoot for points so I think I'm good there on the rules I just want to make sure I'm in the clear

but its old retro, coin operated shooting gallery and I figured someone here might have some information about how to get started on fixing it up, I plan on using it as display piece, once its all fixed up since it predates pong by about 8 years and I just find it really darn cool, you actually look into a mirror and all the targets are at the bottom of the device, cats, mice and red target balls. it keeps score by rotating plastic disks at the top of the machine, one or more is missing so I am thinking that 3D printing may be the way to go to make another.

If you want more pictures I can post more

9. The following user says "Thanks" to RustedGold