Thread: New to the Pachinka world. Can you help me identify my new machine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New to the Pachinka world. Can you help me identify my new machine

Hello All. This is my first post.

Can anyone help me identify what I have, and where to find replacement parts?

I stumbled across this GINZA Pachinko machine at a thrift store last week and instantly fell in love. I of course had NO IDEA what it was, if it worked, or anything at all. It just spoke to me, and I have an affinity for delightful vintage mechanical things.
    After maybe 10 hours of internet reading, I leaned this is called a pachinko machine (YAY!), and that this particular one appears to have some sort of "B- style" action in the back. Because it has a tulip it appears to be post-1960, and because it is a single shot it appears to be pre-1970. I might be totally wrong, but I am actually pretty proud of my getting that far.

I learned these use 11mm or 7/16" steel balls and ordered a 50 pack form Amazon. When they arrived, I realized I had spent an hour just plinking balls through it. Pretty cool stuff.
    My machine is also clearly broken. It appears a part of the mechanism that delivers the reward is smashed out, along with the back's upper ball tray... I would really like to see if there is some way to purchase repair parts. I am pretty mechanical, restoring vintage race motorcycles, and a bit of amature watch repair.. I think I have the mechanism/action mostly figured out, and probably could fix it if I had access to the missing bits. Either way this thing is utterly delightful, and I am so happy to have found a treasure!

Thank you for your input!

Aside from the obvious multiple GINZA markings, I can't find any other identifiers. On the bottom right there is a red window immediately above the hole to insert balls. This red piece reads, "KOKUSAI."

A detail of the front, centerpiece

The back has a Japanese symbol in the yellow/orange plastic that I did not manage to capture in this photo.

Detail of the damaged back.
    Last edited by Philosopher; 08-17-2020 at 08:32 PM.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Philosopher