Thread: Million God save issue

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Million God save issue

I posted on another pachislo site and haven't had a response so figured I would try here as well. Just recently picked up a Million God machine and while I figured out what bulbs I need to replace I'm having an issue with it saving stats, the clock, and other audit info when I turn it off. I saw another post on here about the volume being adjustable in the sound test menu and it would forget the setting after being turned off for an extended period. Mine forgets immediately after the power is killed. I'm guessing there is a battery or capacitor in it somewhere that needs replaced but haven't a clue where to look. On the other site I mentioned it is possible to enter the settings menu while the machine is turned on which I found odd, but since I've been keeping the machine turned on all the time to keep the full audit logs, it's been quite handy. I have an Onimusha 3 that required me to leave it on for several days before it would save my payout changes, otherwise it would should error E2, so I'm wondering if that could be the case here as well. Seems like the previous owner kept it in storage (it was full of cobwebs and had bits of paint spilled on it). Any advice on this would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Million God save issue

The supercap will need replacing. They aren't meant for long term memory storage when turned off even when they are good, probably a week or two at most from what I can work out. I think they are short term so that the machine doesn't lose it's stats when it gets moved around or repaired etc.

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Steve2000

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcome guys! Any idea where the supercap is? I can post pictures of the interior if needed to track it down. I'd like for it to at least survive being turned off overnight without losing the settings. Particularly the sound. Full volume might startle the neighbors if I forget about it and go to play late at night.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk! I once had a Million God...Traded it for a '50s Ginza pchinko.
    I always wondered about the menus and the mini games. The only one I learned to use was the "pork chop" game. I also wondered the purpose of a game that plays for free, with no payout on a pachislo. I never bought this manual, so I don't know how useful it is... https://stealthhome.stores.yahoo.net/migoxsctrgu.html
    I'm sure it has nothing to do with internal memory...but it might be interesting!