Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Restoring an Early Modern Heiwa - Jet Spiner, Need shooter help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Restoring an Early Modern Heiwa - Jet Spiner, Need shooter help

New here to this group and to exploring Pachiinko. I have what I believe isan Early Modern, Heiwa which I think is from early a900's or late "80s. I brought it back from Japan after working there for several years in 1995. I have finally gotten around to trying to resurrect it. Glass panes are broken but want to get it functional before fixing glass. I procured a 24v AC transformer, wired it up and got no smoke!! The central spinner feature rotated, lights came on. Loaded some balls into the upper hopper till the "STOP" light went out. Striker would not function although it was cycling before I loaded balls. Machine was now sillent and no strikes. Tried dropping balls manually into the reward ports and got payouts on each one. Tried adjusting the striker touch sensor. When I touch it it tries to strike but does not seem to coordinate with knob rotation. All the associated mechanism appears to be in good shape. Basically it seems to be functional and restorable. I just need to figure out the touch sensor I think. I also need to source the rubber striker head that actually impacts the ball. It was very deteriorated and has fallen off. I saved it for a pattern in case I need to create my own. Any body know a source for these parts? I am going to try to post some pictures here in case someone can help me with indentity, manuals or other information.
    Thank you for your interest and time, Bob
    IMG_2549.jpgIMG_2550.jpgIMG_2551.jpgIMG_2554.jpgIMG_2543.jpgIMG_2545.jpgIMG_2548.jpgIMG_2547.jpgIMG_2546.jpg

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to BobinKentucky

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Restoring an Early Modern Heiwa - Jet Spiner, Need shooter help

Did it work properly back in 95’? You might have to make your own rubber striker out of an eraser or something. They make reproduction rubber parts for vintages you may be able to use though? There’s not parts readily available for early modern pachinkos, so you have to get creative!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

You could try running a wire from the shooter knob ground ring to the metal frame. Or check the condition of the stop button. At least its pre the B1F board. as they are known to fail on Heiwas
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank for the reply! I never used it while in Japan. It was a hand me down from a friend who got it from a parlor operator. It's just taken me this long to get retired, accomplish some house renovations, etc. I'll try the vintage sites to see if there is something comparable for the hammer head.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    You could try running a wire from the shooter knob ground ring to the metal frame. Or check the condition of the stop button. At least its pre the B1F board. as they are known to fail on Heiwas
    Thank you! Can you describe the stop button or where I should look for it? I see a micro switch that makes and breaks with the twist of the knob. Having a hard time getting into the striker mechanism as the electronic box in front of it seems to not come off easily for access. I'll keep puttering as time allows.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its a little generic. so an early modern might not have it.
    But most have a little button that stops the shooter without having to turn the knob, Just for when you find that sweet spot and want to save balls. Its normally a tiny button
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

please post a picture of the shooter area where the rubber shooter deteriorated from.. and a pic of the piece you saved.. small chance i might have one.. "small"

do you have enough pachinko balls for the machine to work??

what does this mean.. please expound a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by BobinKentucky View Post
    When I touch it it tries to strike but does not seem to coordinate with knob rotation.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

good luck and get a good electronics kit from Amazon that has a multimeter soldering iron and that est $30.00

Oh and lots of Q tips and 91% alcohol for clean up.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    Welcome to Pachitalk

please post a picture of the shooter area where the rubber shooter deteriorated from.. and a pic of the piece you saved.. small chance i might have one.. "small"

do you have enough pachinko balls for the machine to work??

what does this mean.. please expound a bit..
    Here are photos of the shooter arm, the remnants of the shooterrubber tip and of the shooter mechanism.

All I need to do is touch the knob and the shooter starts trying to shoot. Without the tip os course it does not hit anything. Maybe I just need to fix the tip to see what effect shooting an actual ball has on the overall function.

I have enough balls to extinquish the "STOP" light and satisfy the machine for now. If I get it functional I will probably want to buy more balls (My daughter has an old vintage, manual that is in decent shape and will probably need some balls also.).

There is an item on the loader chute at top of machine that has a couple wire not connected to anything. I can't determine it's function, there are no open connections that I can see to plug them into. It can be slid from side to side on the chute so maybe it alerted the parlor when payout balls were needed. (???)IMG_2559.jpgIMG_2557.jpgIMG_2560.jpgIMG_2548.jpgIMG_2561.jpgIMG_2546.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Its a little generic. so an early modern might not have it.
    But most have a little button that stops the shooter without having to turn the knob, Just for when you find that sweet spot and want to save balls. Its normally a tiny button
    Found it right behind the shooter knob! Thank you!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    good luck and get a good electronics kit from Amazon that has a multimeter soldering iron and that est $30.00

Oh and lots of Q tips and 91% alcohol for clean up.
    Can pass on Amazon. I am a fix it type person and have a lot of electrical tools and bits. I always try to fix things before I throw them away, build my own PC's, fiddle with radio control and have even replaced a bunch of micro switches in a VHS recorder after a Coke got spilled into it. I've been pretty fortunate in that I have not let very much smoke out after my attempts!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to BobinKentucky

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your mystery box, might be for data counter or parlour outputs.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have a vintage modern machine that is parts.. the shooter is a spring style.. i thought it was a rubber stopper but i looked and its a spring
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pics

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update on Restoration! First, thank to all who replied with information! I have managed to build a new shooter head, found a 4amp, 24v transformer, and replaced the glass panes. Never using one of this style I don't know if it is operating correctly or not. I have tried adjusting the sensitivity of the shooter. It seems to go from rapid fire with just a touch to doing nothing as I turn it towards the + direction. I have it now so it gives me time to grab the knob and apply tension to vary the strength of the shot. I am including photos of the rubber impact piece for the shooter. If any of you have experience with this style of machine and how it should respond to touch, etc. I wold appreciate your input. Also any information about the sensitivity adjustment. Thanks again for your help thus far!Tried posting a video but it must be too big.IMG_2666.jpgIMG_2664.jpg

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to BobinKentucky

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can't upload videos directly..Most people upload to YouTube and post the link!!

You should be able to hold the knob without it activating, then you'd generally want to have a good enough range to be able to shoot balls anywhere on the field left to right..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

21. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

A solid rubber ball hammer on the shooter is one that I have not seen the "Spring" ball hammer is the one that I have seen the most on my Vintage and Modern Pachinko but it looks like you got it handled.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Restoring an Early Modern Heiwa - Jet Spiner, Need shooter help

Sounds like it’s working as designed. You don’t have any control over the rate of fire via the shooter handle; only the strength it shoots. (Unless there’s some manual adjustment from the rear) All modern pachinkos are like that. (Besides manually controlling the firing one ball at a time with the stop button).
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-25-2020 at 05:03 PM.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    You can't upload videos directly..Most people upload to YouTube and post the link!!

You should be able to hold the knob without it activating, then you'd generally want to have a good enough range to be able to shoot balls anywhere on the field left to right..

Yes, I found the adjustment for touch sensitivity that at most "minus" it will do nothing and if turned to the max "plus" it fires without being touched. I found a sweet spot where the shooter ball can be grabbed with enough time to twist for strength. I also found a spring tensioner on the back and have it adjusted sojust touching and firing without twist the ball enters the play area and at max knob twist it bounces back off the rubber bumper. Am adjusting pins that are capturing balls so they don't get hung up. I'm afraid to turn the volume up as at min volume it can be heard throughout the house. Have it running on a 4amp transformer and even after playing for half an hour the transformer is still cool to the touch. The motor is labeled at 6w and the electronic box is labeled 65w. I think a 2-3w transformer would be plenty.

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to BobinKentucky

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    A solid rubber ball hammer on the shooter is one that I have not seen the "Spring" ball hammer is the one that I have seen the most on my Vintage and Modern Pachinko but it looks like you got it handled.

In my Jan 12 post I included a picture of the shooter tip. It was probably gum rubber or something because it was badly deteriorated and sticky. I decided that trying to use a spring would be quite a challenge so went with trying different erasers. A white rubber was too soft and could not get the balls to the right side of the field. The red rubber off of a pencil proved to have the right density and is working well. If it gives in I may try a wooden dowel. Fun having the challenges.

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to BobinKentucky

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast