Thread: Help LCD display issue. Masked rider DX slot not displaying Video

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help LCD display issue. Masked rider DX slot not displaying Video

Hello all super new to the hobby but I just recently purchased a 2007 DX masked rider slot machine and the display on the LCD is not currently showing any picture it’s just displaying a white light any insight or help on this would be greatly appreciated all other aspects of the game or fully functional thanks in advance Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help LCD display issue. Masked rider DX slot not displaying Video

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just bought a Rodeo 'My Sky 2006' that has the same problem. unit powers up and the game plays with animation sounds, but just a white screen. I'll be following this thread to see if anyone has troubleshooting suggestions. (fingers crossed)

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Ginsnet

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I figured out how to fix this problem... for mine at least. This may also be what's wrong with yours since my screen looked exactly the same as yours. I had to remove the whole LCD video case, disconnecting all of the connectors. Once you remove the white plastic assembly, remove the 2 screws on either side that hold the metal LCD frame so you can take it out. Remove the back metal cover of the frame by unscrewing the tiny metal screws all around it. Careful when lifting off, there are some ribbon cables you will need to disconnect. Once the metal cover is removed you should see a small black circuit board with a copper colored printed ribbon cable that attaches to the LCD screen. That is the cable that wasn't seated properly for me. You need to lift the tiny black lock on the connector to remove the cable then re-seat it properly. Its a little tricky. That did it for me. Sorry I didn't take pictures but I hope this helps.

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Ginsnet

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ginsnet View Post
    Sorry I didn't take pictures but I hope this helps.
    004.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

8. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wayne-Ooo, you are a rockstar! Amazing that you put together a step by step photo instructional. This forum has the best, most responsive, most helpful members of any other forum that I've been a member of.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WOW I am super impressed. I am going to try mine out this evening I can't wait Ill let the group know the results thanks Again

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ginsnet View Post
    I figured out how to fix this problem... for mine at least. This may also be what's wrong with yours since my screen looked exactly the same as yours. I had to remove the whole LCD video case, disconnecting all of the connectors. Once you remove the white plastic assembly, remove the 2 screws on either side that hold the metal LCD frame so you can take it out. Remove the back metal cover of the frame by unscrewing the tiny metal screws all around it. Careful when lifting off, there are some ribbon cables you will need to disconnect. Once the metal cover is removed you should see a small black circuit board with a copper colored printed ribbon cable that attaches to the LCD screen. That is the cable that wasn't seated properly for me. You need to lift the tiny black lock on the connector to remove the cable then re-seat it properly. Its a little tricky. That did it for me. Sorry I didn't take pictures but I hope this helps.

So this helped so much except I have a problem... whoever owned it before i did CUT THE COPPER CABLE 20200216_041806.jpg20200216_041806.jpg

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

what an ****. I gues you could try gently unscrewing the back and see if you can get at the other end of the cable.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you are unable to fix your screen, you may have to purchase a new one.

Here is a link to a Original TX48D80VM1CAA HITACHI Screen 19.0"1024×768 TX48D80VM1CAA Display

What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo