Thread: New Member - Need Help in Identifying My Pachinko Machine and Solving a Problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Member - Need Help in Identifying My Pachinko Machine and Solving a Problem

Hi - I am a new member of this forum, although I have owned both a Pachinko and a Pachislo machine for many years. I have the Pachinko machine pictured below, and am having an issue with the video screen in the center of the playfield "rolling". For those of you who remember when tube TVs had a 'vertical hold' adjustment, it appears to need something like that. The machine works perfectly well other than that.

Any information on identifying model, age, etc. of the machine, and any suggestions for solving the issue with the screen, will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ron

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Member - Need Help in Identifying My Pachinko Machine and Solving a Prob

It’s a Sankyo... haha. The name is probably in the upper right corner near the odds. 95’ model or so I reckon’, I don’t see it listed on Sankyo’s model history. Unless it’s the mysterious “NO IMAGE” 95 model?? Must be very rare

https://www.sankyo-fever.jp/history/list.php?tag=1995

Sorry, no idea about the screen issue. Did it start recently or has it been this way a while? A video might help.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Member - Need Help in Identifying My Pachinko Machine and Solving a Prob

Sankyo used that frame from 1994-1999. But can't find it on the Sankyo website
    https://www.sankyo-fever.jp/history/list.php?tag=1995

might be because yours has a different model suffix from the ones pictures, so different artwork.

oh...as above
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

You guys need to look harder Artwork can be different, but plastic features generally the same. Looked for the round feature just above the screen. Also copy and pasting the 'no image' names into a google image search will give you pictures of those.

フィーバーピストル大名GP

Fever Pistol Daimyo GP

Last edited by compirate; 12-27-2019 at 10:48 PM.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

9. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the prompt reply. My machine isn't exactly like any in the catalog on the website you sent, but looks most like 1997.7, but with a different playfield and colors. I have attached another image showing the upper right hand IMG_0050.jpgarea of the field showing the phrase :5&13" plus two gold stars. Does that add any useful information?

I tried to add a short video showing the screen 'rolling' situation but the website wouldn't let me upload it (probably even though it is only a few seconds, it is over 3 megs in size). If there is any other way to send it, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ron

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Ron Ford

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Compirate identifies my machine as a 1997 Fever Pistol Daimyo GP. That helps, thank you! Is anyone aware of a repair facility or parts source I can contact about the video screen 'rolling' issue?

Ron

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Screen issue started a few months ago. I've had the machine for probably 15 years, and it worked fine until then. The CRT appears to be a unit connected in the back of the machine by clamps and two wiring harnesses (one small and one large) on the side and back. Is it possible that there is a "vertical hold" adjustment on it somewhere? If not, does anyone know of a source for replacement parts? I have been unable to post even a short video, sorry.

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You normally have 2 options for the video screen in these older Sankyo's. The Casio CMV54NT04P or the Sharp LM6Q401. I remember there being an adjustment on the back, but I believe it is for the contrast.

You can try unplugging, cleaning with some CRC cleaner, and reconnecting to see if solves your problem.

I had to replace one not too long ago, and the best/cheapest place to order was from AliExpress. I tried ordering one from ebay, but the one I received was worse than what I took out.

Would I do another replacement? For the cost, probably not, but if you love the machine then it's what you do.

Good Luck!
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The screen on this one is a CRT. More than likely a capacitor or two has gone bad.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Followup on several replies I have gotten:
    -Compirate is correct - my machine is a 1997 Fever Pistol Daimyo GP. I was able to confirm using Google translate and the sticker on the back of the unit. Thanks!
    -Ikaria;s suggestion to use CRC to clean contacts was a good one, but didn't solve the problem. :-( Appreciate the suggestion!
    -Looks like Compirate is probably right about the bad capacitors.

All of the feedback and suggestions has been greatly appreciated. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good parts and/or repair source?

Thanks and Happy 2020 to all.

Ron

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Ron Ford