Thread: King Camel Settings Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default King Camel Settings Key

Well, I see why my King Camel was so cheap. No settings key. *sigh*

I gather from the online sales that these keys are standard based on the type of machine. I don't suppose anyone has an extra really cheap or can make a copy if it's a 'normal' key? I just don't want to spend $15 + shipping for a key.

I suppose I can put a switch in, but a key would be less work and more time to play the machines. :-)

Thanks,

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: King Camel Settings Key

If its the same key as my firedrift then i'd be willing to have it copied and send it to you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've never seen a Firedrift so I'm not sure. I'm sure somebody with both machines will chime in and tell us. If so then I'm set!

Thanks for your offer.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The keys most likely wont be able to be cut because they are stamped and are a foreign key. I needed a reset key for an Outlaw. Milt at Stealth sells reset keys for 9.95 plus 5.00 shipping. Do you mean that the Ck came without a Key and did not have it replaced with a switch? Did you look all over in the machine itself and on the speakers. Look every ware! I have found tokens under the power supply. Them look in the box it came in. Personal I would just put in a switch. I have a local vendor that does that and I actually like the switch better. You don't loose a switch. I only got a key for the outlaw because they put the reset key up near the main CPU and the box is liked with another key that I don't have. Other wise I would just put in a switch. Others like to keep there machines as original as possible so they get a new key.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IF you don't want to spend $20 to get one, then a simple rocker switch would be the way to go. You'll just have to invest more time than money on it. Who was it your got your KC from?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The machine originally came from Valley Gaming to a gentleman an hour south of me. It came with no key and only 100 tokens! Can you believe only 100 tokens? I'm more stunned by that than the no key deal.

Anyway, he couldn't figure it out (namely because it kept throwing an HE code and he didn't know what it meant!), so he decided to sell it 'as is.' I got the thing for $100! It is pristine. There's not even dust in it.

My only problems are (a) no settings key (b) one little plastic retainter for the reels is missing, but doesn't cause any problems (c) the 'game counter' hasn't lit up yet even during bonuses; however, I haven't hit the King Bonus, so we'll see. All the other bonuses seem to count down on the LED panel to the right, so I guess it really doesn't matter.

All in all I'm very happy with it. Especially at that price! I'll wait a couple of days and see if a key turns up (just in case) then I'll tear in and put in a switch. Might as well put all these advanced degrees to work.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

check your speaker magnets, it may be stuck there.

or could be stuck somewhere inside the machine.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wouldn't wait around for that game counter to work on that machine. No one that has one has ever seen it light up.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cmk8895
    The machine originally came from Valley Gaming to a gentleman an hour south of me. It came with no key and only 100 tokens! Can you believe only 100 tokens? I'm more stunned by that than the no key deal.

Anyway, he couldn't figure it out (namely because it kept throwing an HE code and he didn't know what it meant!), so he decided to sell it 'as is.' I got the thing for $100! It is pristine. There's not even dust in it.

My only problems are (a) no settings key (b) one little plastic retainter for the reels is missing, but doesn't cause any problems (c) the 'game counter' hasn't lit up yet even during bonuses; however, I haven't hit the King Bonus, so we'll see. All the other bonuses seem to count down on the LED panel to the right, so I guess it really doesn't matter.

All in all I'm very happy with it. Especially at that price! I'll wait a couple of days and see if a key turns up (just in case) then I'll tear in and put in a switch. Might as well put all these advanced degrees to work.

cmk
    My King camel counter has NEVER worked yet? Did yours ever work? Also My Bonus rounds pay little to nothing out and take a lot in? Thanks Danny

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow. Somebody found an old post of mine and responded.

To the point, no, the counter does not ever work. Game counts are on the LED screen to the right of the reels.

This is an oddity of the King Camel. You will see some movies (namely at kingcamel.com) that show the counter very clearly working, but nobody in real life has ever seen it even flicker to life.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm going to throw my two tokens in on the counter on the KC.

The King Camel is a Type "C" machine, they don't have what we normally think of as a BB or RB, or three Jac Games of eight spins as on a Type "A" machine. Or two Jac Games of eight spins as on a Type "B" machine.

The King Camel has three "jackpots." Three 7's called a King Bonus where you get 50 spins, a Middle Bonus where you get 20 spins, and the biggie, a Camel Chance where you get an unknown number of spins, who knows how many.

So this means that there are no Jac Games as in the other machines, there is nothing for that dead counter to really keep track of. The LED to the right of the reels does that in a King or Middle Bonus, just as CMK said.

At least, that's how I see it.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree about 90%.

The other 10% is in regards to those KC videos on kingcamel.com. They clearly show the counter working, but since the company made the video, God knows what they did to that machine.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMHO, that video is of a pre-production model, when it was set up as a Type A or B.

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's a good point TJ. I hadn't considered that.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have found, to my embarassment, that King Camel bonus rounds require you to press stop button under lighted reel "in order" or usually lose the bonus pay out. I am just a BEGINNER!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey doabbot, that's why we're here. To learn from those who might know!
    There's a bunch I have yet to learn!