Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another first Pachinko - Sankyo - jackpot reload...VIDEO ATTACHED acting weird

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Another first Pachinko - Sankyo - jackpot reload...VIDEO ATTACHED acting weird

Hi friends,

I posted last night and got a little assistance on this issue, but I'm worried I'm hijacking someone else's thread and I'm new here so I don't want to step on any toes and have bad PachiTalk etiquette. I have a Sankyo "Butterflies" machine that I'm restoring and I've cleaned and scrubbed all the plastic and things are looking promising. I want to finish the restoration and do the play field up all nice, but I cannot get this one thing sorted out. What is going wrong here? I took the spoon thingie off its axle and cleaned it and the pin as well as I could and it's plenty free and loose. What am I missing? Check out this video. And thank you SO much for any assistance.

https://youtu.be/7TsmQNefo4Q

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Admiral

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another first Pachinko - Sankyo - jackpot reload...VIDEO ATTACHED acting wei

can you post another vid of the winning ball falling of the spoon a few times..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another first Pachinko - Sankyo - jackpot reload...VIDEO ATTACHED acting wei

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    can you post another vid of the winning ball falling of the spoon a few times..
    Find the video that I think you are requesting at this link. Not sure about the name of all the parts... I'm learning. https://youtu.be/_vR_B2MxSYs

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Admiral

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
    Find the video that I think you are requesting at this link. Not sure about the name of all the parts... I'm learning. https://youtu.be/_vR_B2MxSYs
    you learning just fine..

when the ball exits the jackpot mech it falls one the lever / spoon and rides it down to the paperclip.. (we call it the paper clip cause on most vintage machines the wire that creates the stop/ pause door is bent up and looks like a paperclip) once the ball hits the bottom its needs to pause there for a second.. the paperclip (or in your case it looks to be a flat thin metal strip) holds the ball there so the jack pot balls can fall free of the jackpot mech.. after the balls fall from the jackpot the fall onto a long paddle. that long paddle then tips down directing the balls to the right.. this is where your problem starts.. as that paddle moves down the left side rises up.. a rod is connected to the left side and it shuold then lift the paperclip allowing the winning ball to fall off the spoon finishing the jackpot sequence..

your ball needs to rest on the spoon longer..

hope that helps..

if not try this..

the thingy is not keeping the ball on the other thingy long enough.. the first thingy seems to be stuck in the up position allowing the ball to fall from the second thingy to quickly
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't have a Sankyo but it appears to me like the spoon mechanism is binding. It goes down to release the jackpot balls and the winning ball but then you have to tap it down to get it to go back up. What happens if you try to lift the spoon after it hangs up, does it go up or is it physically blocked from moving? In the video, you always tap it down. I'm curious if it will go up before you tap it down.

The other thing I notice is that rod that goes up on the left side of the spoon, with the paper clip shaped end. That doesn't hardly move at all. If you watch the top of that rod you can see the arm that it attaches to moves, but there's so much play in the hole that the rod doesn't move maybe as far as it should. I might consider trying to bush that hole with some nylon tubing or something for a test and see if that matters. I'd also make sure that vertical rod moves freely, since it appears to control the gate that allows the ball to fall off the spoon.
    Last edited by Toyguy; 12-13-2019 at 01:22 PM.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Toyguy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would you post a pic of the entire back with the spoon stuck on the low position please. Something must be binding.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Would you post a pic of the entire back with the spoon stuck on the low position please. Something must be binding.
    lmkrZkH.jpgPJlPMsA.jpgcBriDPH.jpgD716Zml.jpg

Here are the requested pictures after a jackpot pays, but doesn't refill. After reading the other SUPER HELPFUL responses above, I have a question. The long white paddle that the jackpot balls roll down to the right on their way out of the machine, someone said it should have a rod attached to the left side that lifts the little door/paperclip down at the end of the spoon allowing the Winning Ball to drop. I removed a cover off the back to see more clearly, but my paperclip appears to be attached to a little green lever guy with a black rubber jobby on the right and the paperclip on the left. It DEFINITELY does not move freely. Is it meant to get smacked by the white long paddle and then bob down, thus lifting the paperclip and the little door? And if that is what is supposed to happen, I am very unclear as to what resets the little green lever guy lowering the paperclip after the payout. What say ye?
    Last edited by Admiral; 12-15-2019 at 08:10 PM.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Admiral

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are correct with your understanding of the green lever. Balls falling from the jackpot would lower that lever lifting the paperclip to allow the winning ball to fall out.
    Most jackpot issues are due to sticky or dirty pivot points. All pivots must be clean and dry and move freely.
    You may need to adjust the jackpot connecting rod on the right. Remove the E-clip at the top and thread the rod out a turn or two to give a bit more clearance on the jackpot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The weight of the paperclip should reset the green lever.
    If adjusting the connecting rod, try half turn at a time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is the “connecting rod” the axle through the center of the magic green lever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
    Is the “connecting rod” the axle through the center of the magic green lever?

The connecting rod connects the spoon to the jackpot. Runs up the right side looking at the back.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The connecting rod connects the spoon to the jackpot. Runs up the right side looking at the back.
    Got it. Thanks.

The green magic lever has a pretty hefty counterweight on the right side. I don’t know how this paper clip and little door are going to lift it, but I’m pulling it all off of there now to give everything a cleaning.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the counterweight look factory or added by someone to keep the paperclip raised?

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks factory for sure.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Perhaps a slight adjustment to gate attached to the paperclip. Winning ball falls off the spoon slightly to early not allowing full down of the spoon to allow free jackpot reset. It's all about the timing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I’m trying to make this cleaning very thorough! I’ll put it back together and let you know what happens.

When you said to give that rod a half spin, which way am I spinning it?? Sorry! My first time...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Counter clockwise so its a bit longer.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Counter clockwise so its a bit longer.
    Everything reassembled and it the jackpot is working perfectly! The little door on the end of the paper clip swings freely and does its job!

Everything is working well on the front and back of the machine. Do you advise that I tear it the rest of the way down and clean everything?? I’ve cleaned and scrubbed all the plastic already, but I haven’t taken apart all the moving parts.

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Admiral

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is 40 plus years old.. Never a bad thing to clean any moving parts. Glad it's working proper now. Good job.

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All of the advice from everyone is MUCH appreciated. I 3D printed some nice 5/8” fittings to hold some LED lamps in the frame for when I replace the snipped wiring. I’m sure I’ll have more questions down the line!!

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Admiral

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast