Thread: New Pachinker Here - Have some questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Pachinker Here - Have some questions

First, thanks to those of you who have created this site and to those of you who contribute to it.

Last night I bought my first Pachinko machine - a Okumurayuki Monako.

I don't think it has been played in many years based on the dirt, dead spiders and a bit of rust. It was not functioning so I spent a couple hours this morning investigating, inspecting and just generally figuring out how these things work. it has a few issues.

The balls are not wanting to load into the launcher without help. Hopefully just a good cleaning will take care of that. The battery, as you can see in the pics, is pretty messed up. It is an old battery and the leads came off before I got it. I can't read Japanese but I think the power only powers some lights. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram in English?

The skirt on the lower side of the launch chute is dried and worn out. Any ideas where I can get a new one?

The balls are not in good shape. A few are rusted.

The whole thing is dirty and will need a good cleaning. I did find the sticky on Cleaning Tips and it is full of good info.

I have spent a couple hours on this forum looking into these machines. I have never had any knowledge of these till last night. In one post there are pictures of different machines. I found a pic identical to mine and it is from 1978. If any of you know otherwise please let me know.

I also found a Nishijin machine that has the same back mechanics as mine with the Okumurayuki name on it. Did they supply these to other manufacturers as well as manufacture them?

Any information anyone can provide on what I have here is greatly appreciated. I did not buy this for an investment. Just for fun and my game room. I like to tinker with things so I am looking forward to getting this back in to great condition. I would still like to know if this is considered a decent machine, rough value and anything else pertinent.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to learning more about these cool machines.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Hoot