Thread: Early Modern not powering up: ebay purchase need help tracing power supply

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Early Modern not powering up: ebay purchase need help tracing power supply

Quote Originally Posted by ev3lmog View Post
    So I managed to cancel the transformer order and get a new one last night. I've ordered the following:
    New plug: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Edwards Signalling 599 120V/24V 40W Transformer https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The black wire that's disconnected / cut goes to the CR box. I'm going to reground literally everything, wire up a fresh transformer and ground plug so its all safe. When I received the machine it was full of stink bugs so now I have to pull the balls out and do a complete cleaning. Its out in my garage right now so the cold will kill them all, figure 2 day quarantine then aircompressor run.

Does anybody have any links to cell swaps walkthroughs or any reverse engineering for that vintage of frame? I figure if I know what everything is I should be ok. I do see another set of wires that look to be cut that I'm trying to trace.

Does anybody know what this wire is: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SPxKxpHUhbNnu6uE8 It looks like its cut and I don't know what it goes to. I'm also trying to find the payout bar so I can make sure the thing pays out properly.
    Sorry, never seen that frame before; I’m guessing it’s an early 2000’s model. Doesn’t appear to be a very common model. Did they really charge $700 for that machine?! Listed price seems abnormally high for an older machine.

Not sure what you mean by payout bar. Payouts are listed I. The upper right corner near the name of the machine.

It’s normal for there to be some cut wires for the call attendant light if I’m not mistaken; lots of my machines have cut wires and they work fine.
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 10-22-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Early Modern not powering up: ebay purchase need help tracing power supply

Nah, I made an offer for 300 and got it. So I didn't get royally screwed but it came in high.

Updates on troubleshooting, the payout mechanism works as I hooked up a pinball dave smartcard emulator, and can get it to dispense balls via the front bottons when the hopper is loaded. I however cannot get it to payout in normal gameplay and I can't get the center screen to light up. Mechanically it shoots balls fine which is good, the lower right CR controller works, so I'm sortof at a loss as to why I can't get the cell to work, connections are tight etc. It definitely needs some cleaning though. All of the bugs from shipping have been removed.

If anybody has any idea on the cell that would be awesome. I bought the machine figuring it would be a bit of a project so as long as I get it working I'm happy.

I'll post more updates as I torubleshoot and also when the new transformer arrives in.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to ev3lmog