Thread: Rescued Victory Okumurayuki Monako from trash. Can anyone use it for parts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Rescued Victory Okumurayuki Monako from trash. Can anyone use it for parts

Album of pictures (because I can't seem to upload directly):

http://imgur.com/a/oeQ9ghf

Hi everyone!

I'm a total noob here and had never even heard of pachinko before finding this on the side of the road last night. Unlike other names before me, I don't come here with dollar signs in my eyes (because I did some reading here last night). But I am wondering if anyone can use this, in whole or for parts. From what I understand, it was a less common model? So I thought there might be someone out there fixing one up who needs parts from this one.

I'm in Glendale, Arizona (suburb of Phoenix). The bad news is that because it's so hot and dry here the plastic is brittle. I posted a couple of pictures of some broken parts that were with it. The backing looks like it might be salvageable, but it's probably pretty delicate.

The good news is that because it's Phoenix and it's hot and dry, there's less of a chance of there being rust and corrosion on the metal parts. The ones I can see visually look okay oh, but I also posted pictures of those so you can judge for yourself.

If anyone needs specific parts from this machine, or if you know of someone who needs specific parts from this machine have them get in touch with me. I can try to have my son help me take it apart and pull the parts that you need. It seems like that would be a lot cheaper to ship then shipping the entire machine with frame.

I'm not looking to make money from this. I was kind of impressed last night by how dedicated you guys are fixing these old machines. It's pretty cool. But I would expect the person receiving the parts to reimburse me for shipping. That's all.

So, take a look and let me know what you guys think. also if you look at the pictures and it looks like nothing is salvageable from this machine, please let me know that as well. I'll put it back out on the curb before bulk trash pickup comes tomorrow (so I can get it out of my garage).

Thanks!!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to thosepeskysnails

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Rescued Victory Okumurayuki Monako from trash. Can anyone use it for parts

Quote Originally Posted by thosepeskysnails View Post
    Album of pictures (because I can't seem to upload directly):

http://imgur.com/a/oeQ9ghf

For future ref or just in case you want to upload, this link explains how to post pics here

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?38426-How-to-Post-Pictures

there is a 2mb size limit per photo, so you may need to resize them first

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Rescued Victory Okumurayuki Monako from trash. Can anyone use it for parts

Nice clean looking playing field on that one. Might be worth finding a junker and fixing that one up.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is the playing field the backboard that the nails go into? If so, it has cracks.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post

For future ref or just in case you want to upload, this link explains how to post pics here

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?38426-How-to-Post-Pictures

there is a 2mb size limit per photo, so you may need to resize them first

I resized and am still getting an error message when I try to upload.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So, I've watched some videos of pachinko machines in action and got to thinking that this is something that my autistic daughter (almost 4 years old) might really enjoy, if it were working. And, she loooves learning how mechanical things work and tinkering, so this could turn into a neat project & learning experience for her. But, I'm hoping you guys can give me some perspective on what I'd be getting myself into.

I noticed last night that I can see some balls and the machine if I look through the green plastic part on the back. But the balls are stuck at various points. I don't want to take the green plastic back off because I don't know what I'm doing and I'm afraid I might break the plastic, in case it's brittle.

We can some bits of wasp / mud dauber nests in parts that we can see & access without taking the back off, so I'm sure there's debris in there that needs to be cleaned out.

If I were just looking to get this functional without doing a total restoration and taking it completely apart, what are the chances that I could just take off the green plastic part on the back and clean out the jammed areas? or is it more likely that I would have to disassemble everything in order to get it cleaned out?

Would tutorials & videos for fixing other pachinko machines help me with this machine, even though it's a less common model? Are the internal parts and the design the same or very similar between the various manufacturers?

I'm just wondering how big of a project I might be taking on and trying to get it up and running. And if there are broken pieces, would parts from other pachinko machines fit this machine? I mean are their guts all sort of the same & interchangable?

I'm not the most mechanically inclined person, but we have a neighbor who works in the trades who I think would gladly help us with this project if we got stuck.

Another issue is that I can't get the front door to close completely - I think the hinge side is bent. Does it act absolutely have to have a front door? Will it work without one?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like a complete machine. Good news is it has a removable back so removing a couple covers and then the complete back would make easy removal of balls and debris.
    The door will need to close completely or balls will jam on nails instead of flowing between them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ya might take a look at this

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/f...000868157.html

may be better then working with the machine you have...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh. That has flowers and a castle on it.
    Ian #UKPachinko