Hi guys,

First of all, the machine in question is Clare's Secret Treasure (2012) by Daito / Daido.

When you open the machine, there's a board that's mounted on top of the LCD screen. I noticed that the fan on the heatsink isn't moving. The other fan under the enclosure is therefore running at full speed to try and compensate. It's not an urgent issue as the heatsink doesn't seem to be boiling hot (plus I'd assume it would throttle itself or turn off completely in case of overheating), but it's definitely something I want to sort.

I've found a replacement brushless fan online already, but before I order it I wanted to double check that the fan is irreparable. Plus I'll also need to know how to open it up anyway, if I do need to replace it with a new one.

I've had a look and know how to remove all the cables (including ribbon cable etc). However there's a plastic cover on the right hand side of the board that I can't work out how to remove for the life of me. I was wondering if anyone knew? Obviously I don't fancy forcing it!

Below is the board I'm referring to. The red outline is the broken fan in question and the green outline is the plastic cover I'm struggling to remove:

Here's a close up of the plastic cover:

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hodaka