Thread: Takeya machine - possibly 1977. Does anyone have any information

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Takeya machine - possibly 1977. Does anyone have any information

Hi everybody.

I picked up this Pachinko machine a few years ago in the UK. It sat in my bedroom for a very long time but is now up on the wall in my house, amusing myself and any visitors that come around.

My brother in law was just asking me about the history of it and I realised I knew nothing! I have been trawling through a few pachinko websites and a lot of posts for info, but I haven't found out much at all - so I'm turning to PachiTalk for some help

I believe it is 1977 from the number 6 on the gambling authority stamp (pic below) but I can find very little information about the brand Takeya. Maybe they are a sub-set of a larger manufacturer? The only other text on the playing area is 'New Poppy' and 'Ultora' if that is interesting to anybody.

I have attached some links to some pictures, unfortunately the image upload did not work - let me know if you would like more shots.

Thanks for reading!

Takeya_owner.

Pics:
    Front - https://pasteboard.co/IAVkLmU.jpg
    Sticker - https://pasteboard.co/IAVlB1Q.jpg
    Back - https://pasteboard.co/IAVm7A5.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takeya_owner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Takeya machine - possibly 1977. Does anyone have any information

Maybe try adding the photos to your post. When I went to open your first link my malware protection blocked the site as having a trojan.

Welcome to Pachitalk

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you both for for your help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As you probably know, it is a Japanese gambling machine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can't say much about the manufacturer. Possibly a smaller manufacturer of machines? I have occasionally seen the name before...so not unheard of. It's mechanics are based on (what we call) a Nishijin Model B. Mopar made a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEhv...FuYE-UxXp4ZepA
    It is missing the top ball hopper. Not gonna be easy to find a correct replacement! However, it is possible to fit hoppers from other machines...with a little modification. I had great success mounting a Nishijin one to a Maruhon machine. I have pics on how I did it in this thread here: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...tross+columbus Just skip to page 2 and scroll down to post #24. Rather than buy a "parts" machine...just look for an upper hopper (top tray) on eBay. Providing you have tested it first.
    Do you have any pachinko balls? You can function test with as few as 20 to 30 balls. Just drop them in the top track, the 1st 15 will fill the jackpot, then add just enough to press down the 2 pressure plates in the track just beyond the "u turn". They are the white arms that look kind of a square "S" turned sideways...for lack of a better description! These pressure plates close when balls are low preventing a jackpot when there are not enough balls. Since your see saw is already in the "up" position, drop a ball into any of the win pockets to see if it pays out.
    There is also a cover missing over the see saw...but that won't affect function at all. Yours looks like one of the few brands that uses power to enable the shooter lever. the plug has been disconnected from the solenoid...so, it has probably been modified to work without power. We will troubleshoot that part later.
    Other than the missing top tray, I don't see any reason that this machine won't function! And one final thing, the yellow "teardrop" shaped thing at the top. Flip it around counterclockwise. It should dangle down to knock down stacked balls to a single layer.
    Good luck testing it. It will amuse you and any visitors that come around MUCH more if it works!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

more pictures please..

that has a few things going on in the back i have never seen.. a close up of the solenoid in the lower right side would be appreciated
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone.
    The video of the Nishijin Model B looks very similar to the mechanics of the machine I have. It is functional (and fun as hell), and I do have a reasonable number of balls, no idea how many but it does mean it is playable.
    I'll take a few pics of the machine when I get home. I never worked out what the solenoid was for, and have never put power into it properly to test. Again, I'll get some pics up here for everyone who's interested.
    Great tip about the yellow top bar, that might explain why the jackpot balls sometimes don't 'flow' properly and so you get no payout when you win

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takeya_owner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takeya_owner View Post
    I never worked out what the solenoid was for, and have never put power into it properly to test.
    Great tip about the yellow top bar, that might explain why the jackpot balls sometimes don't 'flow' properly and so you get no payout when you win
    Some manufacturers made their machines so that they needed power (24 volts AC I believe...although seems like solenoids need DC). I don't know why. Usually, someone in the past has modified to function without power for convenience...often by removing (then losing) some parts. It wont affect function, but I like my machines complete as made.
    If balls don't flow to jackpot properly...remove balls and clean the tracks. Any debris, lint or dirt will impede ball flow.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall