Thread: New Brains for a 'Zombie' 1989.7 Sankyo Fever Lexus

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Brains for a 'Zombie' 1989.7 Sankyo Fever Lexus

I had so much fun resurrecting an older pachislo machine that I decided to take on an early modern pachinko machine and do the same. I finally found a beautiful, but broken, unit for sale within a two hour drive from my location. Seller said it played well but lights and sound did not work. Unfortunately after buying it I discovered the brains had been removed and the wiring slightly hacked to make the ball launch motor run so it did 'technically' play (somewhat like a vintage 70's model) but obviously has no activity from the lights, center board reels, fever mode, etc... Sooooooo disappointed that I have no possible opportunity to troubleshoot the original controller.

However, I'm thinking of taking this lemon and making lemonade. My thought is to discover the function of enough of the connector pin headers to create a replacement controller out of an arduino (or similar modern microcontroller) and bring the cool features back to life as I can imagine them.

The machine is a Sankyo 1989.7 Fever Lexus IV D

Before I get started on this quest I'm wondering if there is...
    Any source for original controllers that would be a direct replacement? (I'm thinking not, since they made so many different models with different features.)
    Any pinouts/schematics/voltage requirements/insights/etc of Sankyo game boards that may give me a head start on this quest.
    Anyone who has done this before and shared their experience.
    Lastly, any videos of game play on this style of machine - so that I may get an idea of what the controller should do and what makes for fun game play.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer

IMG_7930.JPGIMG_7931.JPGIMG_7932.JPGIMG_7933.JPGIMG_7934.JPGIMG_7935.JPGIMG_7936.JPG

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to atlanticom