Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sammy "Gallop" Type A[i believe] HC Error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sammy "Gallop" Type A[i believe] HC Error

Hello everyone,
    i just stumbled across this place after trying for the last 4 days to figure out how to get this unit i picked up at a local goodwill

i may be wrong in the info i have gathered so please correct me if i am incorrect.

the unit is a universal "Sammy"
    Currently i can get it to go as far as displaying HC on the unit

there is no "reset key" like ive seen in some units it the power box has 2 fuses.. i think a power switch and a switch to trigger the hopper to start spitting out coins.

right now the HC error is as far as i can get none of the wires seem broken or loose or dammaged so im a bit stuck now as to how to move forwards.
    included are some photos of the unit
    20190811_164432.jpg20190811_164421.jpg20190811_164216.jpg20190811_164516.jpg20190811_164509.jpg20190811_164526.jpg
    i hope some of these help, ive been all over google for the past few days trying to make sure ive wired it back up right along with general operations and all that
    and now im just stuck with this HC Error

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alexislightus

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sammy "Gallop" Type A[i believe] HC Error

When you first sign up to be a member of this 15 year old Forum it is stated that our resources here will open the more you post .

It is fantastic that you have these great photos to help you get your find
    close to 100%.

I have owned six pachislos in the past but yours is one that I haven't seen before .

Hopefully you will join us in our World Wide Fantasy Football league this season.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

I'm not a pachislo person, but I gotta think there has to be a reset switch somewhere in there, if its not one of the two in the second pic!!

Could you post a pic of the whole inside of the machine?? Maybe someone will be able to spot something that will help!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Isn't HC hopper error. Maybe a duff photocall in the hopper.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe Error code letter combos can vary between manufacturers

but looking at the list at this link:
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?48087-List-of-error-codes-In-Japanese

it's showing that HC for Sammy models relates to this:

HC - Collection switch is ON - Press the reset button after turning off the recovery switch

No idea what a 'recovery switch is though, is it the on \ off switch or one of the 2 switches for the bonus thing
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ill have to take a few more photos inside the machine, maybe theres another switch i missed.
    i know from my pictures
    on the power box itself theres the main power switch, the hopper "Give me the coins" switch. on the inside door theres 4 buttons/switches a blue one i know is the payout adjustment, a volume slider and 2 more my translator app claims to be an "auto stop YES NO" and an AUTO PAYOUT YES NO" toggle

the board inside to the left of the reels has no ID and the only thing i can think it is is that it MAY be a recovery switch since when turning it on it flips the machine to the "Change payout rate" mode
    and pressing down the sliver one way toggle nextt o the black normal switch and pressing the "turn key to the left " reset switch will reset the machine like a soft reset.

i might need to go though and unplug some things to see what it does and see if there is a bad board elsewhere since i get that HC Error even if the hopper is unplugged and out of the machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Forgot to ask earlier, but have you tried doing the full (hard) reset, as a lot of errors can be cleared with a hard reset

here's the steps, you may already have them, but just in case:

FULL (Hard) reset includes the odds change

It's also possible that you may have the machine set up to require a re-set after a Bonus, if so then you may wish to put the 2 switches into the 'off' position as detailed at the end of the following:

"How To Set the Skill Levels of Your Pachislo
    HOW CHANGE ODDS:

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Skill button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds, and depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

Also just to confirm some additional info:

Two switches on the power supply:
    - One requires a soft reset at the end of a bonus.
    - The other pays out all tokens at the end of a bonus.

For these switches in most cases off is in the down or right position. The for off and on are:

無 = off

有 = on
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thats part of what has me stumped here since my machine doesent have a reset KEY, rather no actual turn key from every other video ive seen atleast.
    the switches on the power box from what i seen are a main power on/off and a hopper "spit out coins" on off.

the only thing i can think of as to what may be the "Reset key" is the little box in the upper left that has a weird toggle switch and a black switch that when flipped makes it act diffrently like its in the reset or odds change mode, maybe there
    ill have to try a few things with it and see maybe there is another method to full hard reset my machine since it seems to be diffrent then others i can find videos/pictures on

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

A lot of times key switches are replaced with regular switches!! I'd try doing a reset, but where you would normally turn the key, I'd flip the switch that you think is putting it into the "odds change mode"!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have tried that and i can get it in to the odds change mode like so

From the off state
    Flip the Black switch ON
    Turn machine ON
    Enter odds change mode
    Blue button inside door sets odds 1 - 6
    Play handle will change number to 0
    Flip black switch OFF
    flip "medal eject switch" on power box on for a moment to spit out ATLEAST one token and machine lights up with the HC code in the wins area

if the machine is on and i flip that black switch then soft reset it [ door key to the left ] it sets it to another mode where i can press PAY to turn off/on the credits display which i believe is a pay out now or use credits mode

ive no idea what the silver switch does
    the top half i seen after i took it out has 3 wires on it wired up in a weird way
    heres a photo of the wires for it
    20190812_150255.jpg

and it plugs in to the board that is on top of the set of reels
    20190812_150903.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also would like to add i just for the sake of checking things out, busted out the multimeter and tested voltages across that first pictures in my last posts lines
    Grey to blue SILVER TOGGLE is roughly 15 volts then flipping the black switch on it to shows 15 volts give or take

so power is going though it i just wonder where something else is getting stuck at
    if HC is a "Hopper collection" status then something has it stuck open or on in that mode and a hard reset [if im doing it right ] is not clearing it properly

So im wondering where else on another board i can poke around with my multimeter and see is power going to where it needs to maybe theres a weird short somewhere that has it stuck open or.. closed or something
    i did find this VERY nice pdf on like..most of the boards in my machine their pin outs and what volts should be there / what it does exactly
    its not 100% my machine but its still pretty close
    maybe its just something is like i said shorting somewhere im not sure what else it could be personally

cause it WILL show that HC error if the hopper 6 pin connector on the power box is unplugged entirely too it just wont get out of the odds set mode because the hopper feed switch doesent do anything when its not plugged in
    though i dont think its a sensor on the hopper itself since i just for the sake of trying triggerd the "a coin is spit out " sensor on the bottem of the hopper manually and it still went right in to the HC status

any and all ideas welcome aswell, its been fun getting this 50$ goodwill find atleast working this much so lets shoot for the stars

Thanks
    Thanks Received

so far i am still at a loss, after taking the unit almost complete apart short of the coin acceptor in the door i dont see anything broken frayed torn or blown. from first glance it looks like it should be working.

i cant seem to come up with anything else that would be causing it to be stuck in "HC" status
    poking around with my multi meter doesent seem to be showing me anything out of the ordinary for the areas i can get to while the door is open, so im genuinely at a loss now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok so it works!!
    i found out the small flap in the coin accepter that is powered to move when accepting or rejecting coins doesnt activate . it seems its letting ALL coins "fail"
    i found this out by unplugging the coin accepter all togather and got "CP" error when reset. this led me to think that ok maybe the accepter unit is bad. but its NOT HC so thats something.
    i left it in its idle mode after setting the 1-6 odds and tried to manually feed the coin though all the way and low and behold it lit up and came to life the reels lit up all bright and shiney and all that.
    i put a few more in and it counted them all spin like it should. seems HC is just a state it STAYS in intill its reset not an error persay.

this is pretty cool i need to look in to fixin that thing that kicks or lets coins go though but otherwise it works well.

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to alexislightus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alexislightus View Post
    ok so it works!!
    i found out the small flap in the coin accepter that is powered to move when accepting or rejecting coins doesnt activate . it seems its letting ALL coins "fail"
    i found this out by unplugging the coin accepter all togather and got "CP" error when reset. this led me to think that ok maybe the accepter unit is bad. but its NOT HC so thats something.
    i left it in its idle mode after setting the 1-6 odds and tried to manually feed the coin though all the way and low and behold it lit up and came to life the reels lit up all bright and shiney and all that.
    i put a few more in and it counted them all spin like it should. seems HC is just a state it STAYS in intill its reset not an error persay.

this is pretty cool i need to look in to fixin that thing that kicks or lets coins go though but otherwise it works well.
    I have the same machine with the same problem. I was just looking into the coin reciever when I found this hopefully I can get my working too. Darn goodwill lol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Eh no luck with unplugging.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if it helps at all what i did to get that part working was find some string or something thin and basicly "tied it closed" that way it pretty much accepts all coins reguardless, still plugged in of corse. but i did manage to get the unit working at the very least doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Orrian View Post
    I have the same machine with the same problem. I was just looking into the coin reciever when I found this hopefully I can get my working too. Darn goodwill lol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well when I unplugged the coin reciever both plugs? It still gave me HC code.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is dropping the coins no matter what and not closing. I just picked it up from goodwill today. The coin hopper is packed full of coins should I clean it out?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tested the hopper it works. Taped the receiver down and now have CP error.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How do I run in idle mode?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast